How would you build your team through the draft if you only had 10 picks to do it?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So here's our draft.
Any opinions as to who had the better draft?

4yG1BAg.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It would have been interesting to see where the qbs went if there were 4 teams.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So here's our draft.
Any opinions as to who had the better draft?

4yG1BAg.jpg
So just from this, I can surmise that 12itb has Wentz #1 on his board, covets offense over defense, is afraid of losing his top QB so he doubled down, wants two good corners on defense - allowing him to play more man coverage - and wants to ensure that his QB isn't throwing darts to a bunch of nobodies out there. Not a bad draft at all.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
So just from this, I can surmise that 12itb has Wentz #1 on his board, covets offense over defense, is afraid of losing his top QB so he doubled down, wants two good corners on defense - allowing him to play more man coverage - and wants to ensure that his QB isn't throwing darts to a bunch of nobodies out there. Not a bad draft at all.

It just kind of fell that way. I wanted many of the guys that you took - but yeah, I put more value in the toughest positions to fill.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is how I'd do it:
QB: Jared Goff
DE: Joey Bosa
DT: Robert Nkemdiche
DE/DT: DeForest Buckner
OT: Laremy Tunsil
OT: Jack Conklin
C/OG: Cody Whitehair
OG: Joshua Garnett
LB: Myles Jack
DB: Jalen Ramsey

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This is how I'd do it:
QB: Jared Goff
DE: Joey Bosa
DT: Robert Nkemdiche
DE/DT: DeForest Buckner
OT: Laremy Tunsil
OT: Jack Conklin
C/OG: Cody Whitehair
OG: Joshua Garnett
LB: Myles Jack
DB: Jalen Ramsey
If you could.
12itb took a few of the players I wanted.
I'd like to see you draft against someone.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you could.
12itb took a few of the players I wanted.
I'd like to see you draft against someone.

Not really interested in that. Have done more than enough of that already. Just answering the title question. ;)

I have a very particular team-building strategy.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Not really interested in that. Have done more than enough of that already. Just answering the title question. ;)

I have a very particular team-building strategy.
Yeah that's my bad. I changed the title. The intent was (per my post) to be forced to draft against one other GM to see how you stack, prioritize, and compromise during a draft.

Interesting draft though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unless you tell us more, I fixed that for ya. :sneaky:

I think the two most vital things for a team are having a QB and the ability to win in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Skill players just aren't that valuable (outside of the QB). I only grabbed 3 DLs and 4 OLs because there wasn't a 4th DL or 5th OL that I felt strongly about. Due to that, I decided to go BPA and grab Ramsey and Jack instead.

There are a lot of ways to build a team but I think you can count on success if you have a franchise QB and a squad that wins in the trenches game in and game out.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I've seen pics of CGI's wife. I luv ya X..........but this isn't even a conversation LOL.

If she looked like this then I'd say he was dissing you...........

steelerfan.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think the two most vital things for a team are having a QB and the ability to win in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Skill players just aren't that valuable (outside of the QB). I only grabbed 3 DLs and 4 OLs because there wasn't a 4th DL or 5th OL that I felt strongly about. Due to that, I decided to go BPA and grab Ramsey and Jack instead.

There are a lot of ways to build a team but I think you can count on success if you have a franchise QB and a squad that wins in the trenches game in and game out.

Mostly I agree with that and I always wonder what fans think a "true #1 WR" would actually do without a good OL and QB.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
OK sounds fun, Sorry I didn't quite catch all the rules but to simplify. I am drafting
5 OLine hopeful starters best available.
1 QB best available ( once either Wentz or Goff go off the board I draft the one left)
RB either of the top 2 and then
3 Dline
Thats my 10
It all Starts up front!