How would you build your team through the draft if you only had 10 picks to do it?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm just gauging the interest in a little mini-game, and the premise is this:

You, and ONE other person, have to start an NFL Franchise, and you get to pick 10 (and only 10) guys from this draft alone. The rest of your team will be comprised of nobodies. NFL Undrafted Free Agents or walk-ons. So essentially you're going to build a team with 10 guys, make them your cornerstones, and build from there later on. The only requirement is that you have a board of your top 20-25 guys ready before you start choosing. For those who play Madden, this is similar to a Fantasy Draft against one other guy, but using just the 2016 draft. You could end up with Goff, Bosa, Treadwell, Tunsil, etc., as the starters in your new Franchise.

Would this interest anyone?

In order to streamline it, two guys have to be online at the same time, and you can use the chat room to do a rapid-fire draft of 10 guys each. Should only take 5 minutes. And then just post your results in this thread so you can show how you prioritize players, and show what your vision of team-building looks like.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
So, it's not like you get to pick the 10 you want? This is an actual draft against one other person?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So, it's not like you get to pick the 10 you want? This is an actual draft against one other person?
Yeah, you can pick the 10 you want, provided the guy you're picking against doesn't take your guys too. Like a regular draft. There are at least 20 players in this draft that anyone would want to start their team with, but you only get 10. As does the other guy. Wanna try it real quick?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, you can pick the 10 you want, provided the guy you're picking against doesn't take your guys too. Like a regular draft. There are at least 20 players in this draft that anyone would want to start their team with, but you only get 10. As does the other guy. Wanna try it real quick?

Gotcha. Sounds fun. What happens after the draft?

I can do it tomorrow. I am getting dirty looks and need to abandon ROD shortly for some time with my wife.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Gotcha. Sounds fun. What happens after the draft?

I can do it tomorrow. I am getting dirty looks and need to abandon ROD shortly for some time with my wife.
Nothing. Just post your results so people can get a feel of how you'd build a team, how you prioritize certain positions, and how you stack your boards.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Nothing. Just post your results so people can get a feel of how you'd build a team, how you prioritize certain positions, and how you stack your boards.

Man @X. I can't believe CGI chose his wife over you. :hiding:

Edit: it sounds like a great idea. I would challenge you but:
1. My dirty looks would be coming from my pile of work.
2. I'm not as versed on the picks as some of you. I'll dig deeper next week or so.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
No takers?

xG4QJTr.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Stop overthinking it and get your ass in the chat room. I'll let you decide who goes first.