How Long Will the Fab 4 Stay Together?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How long will the Fab 4 stay together?

• 2023 is the farewell tour. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • It’s a two year run, then done.

Votes: 26 52.0%
  • Like the Rolling Stones and The Who, they’ll just keep playing until they can’t.

Votes: 12 24.0%

• Total voters

Ram65

Legend

Like the Rolling Stones and The Who, they’ll just keep playing until they can’t.​

That's how I voted.

You never know. I'm looking at two solid years. Kupp has a higher chance of much longer.

If in two years they don't get another "Chip" they could keep going another year if all are healthy and the team still looks solid.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Depends on a few things imo.

If the Rams draft high in 2024 and come out of it with Stafford's successor, then 2024 or 2025 could easily become his last year with L.A.

If Donald remains exceptionally healthy and the Rams progress to a deep play-off berth or even the 2024 Super Bowl, why wouldn't he look to repeat in 2025 ?

Kupp is turning 30 in about 2 weeks, if he also remains in great health, why wouldn't he want to fulfill his contract obligation which carries him thru age 33 and the end of the 2026 season ?

There will be no fewer challenges for McVay any time soon than to carry on his brilliant coaching career, he can 'retire' to a high paying media job in his later years and soon regret the decision where he gave up his first love for coaching. He may also need a therapist to help him manage his personal time more effectively.
jmo.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Why worry about when the party ends instead of partying like it's 1999? Or 2021? Or 2024?

Belkster

UDFA
Name
Tad

Like the Rolling Stones and The Who, they’ll just keep playing until they can’t.​

That's how I voted.

You never know. I'm looking at two solid years. Kupp has a higher chance of much longer.

If in two years they don't get another "Chip" they could keep going another year if all are healthy and the team still looks solid.
It's true. We never know exactly how the future will turn out. I would like to see the guys play for a long time. But football is often unpredictable. Anyway, they will play together for at least 1 more year :)

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why worry about when the party ends instead of partying like it's 1999? Or 2021? Or 2024?
prince GIF

Great video!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I expect McVay to see this rebuild through. Otherwise he woulda been gone by now. I think if he leaves it will be after the 2025 season. If they win another Superbowl he's definitely gone. He once said Kupp was so smart he'll be a coach someday. Maybe he'll groom Kupp to be his eventual replacement?

dang

Legend
I expect McVay to see this rebuild through. Otherwise he woulda been gone by now. I think if he leaves it will be after the 2025 season. If they win another Superbowl he's definitely gone. He once said Kupp was so smart he'll be a coach someday. Maybe he'll groom Kupp to be his eventual replacement?
McVay has unfinished business. He’s way too driven and way too young to hang up the whistle. He has to complete the “rebuild” and either win another SB or at least leave the Rams in competitive condition. That will require at least 2 more years but likely longer in order to find replacements for Stafford and Donald.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Good a' thread as any to post this - Rock stars when they were young.

1684895181104.jpeg

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think AD and Stafford go out together after the 2024 season.

McVay and Kupp stay.

As an announcer he's traveling every week to another location - as a HC, he only travels half the time. Plus I think he will find a work/life balance

jap

Legend
 I am always the eternal optimist. IF the young kids buy into McVay ball and survive their rookie|young player mistakes in the first half of the season, then plays well in the second half of the schedule and make it into the playoffs, Matthew is the type of QB who can carry an entire team on his shoulders and win a SB. Then he can repeat in 2024 and 2025 if he is inclined to hang around and we remain good injury-wise. Of course, an awful lot of good things have to happen along the way: drafts, trades, player cuts, coaching hires, etc.

oldnotdead

Legend
Contractually both Donald and Stafford have their contracts structured to "assume" retirement in 2025. After 2024 there is little financial incentive for AD to continue. What will keep him will be if he feels this team is truly in the hunt for another Lombardi. But I think this team will be a Super Bowl team again in the next two years.

Kupp will play as long as he feels he can play at his highest level. IMO he plays out his current contract and retires in 2026 at the age of 34.

McVay will coach as long as the fire in him burns. They will stoke those flames by giving him his choice of QBs in 2024. The entire restructure of this team is to keep McVay. To allow him to have the weapons he needs to keep his team elite. In other words to be able to sustain a prolonged Super Bowl run. He would like nothing better than to build another KC type of franchise, i.e. in the Lombardi hunt every year. I believe McVay has identified his next QB1 after Stafford. I think if Penix can play injury free this year he will get strong consideration as, unlike Caleb and Mayes, Penix has proven he can read defenses and go through his progressions quickly.

An interesting note. Justin Herbert will be a UFA in 2025 if the Chargers don't lock him up long term. But rumors have it that he is not happy with the Charger organization. They control his rights through 2024 but he wants to play for a true contending organization. I have serious doubts that the cheap owner Dean Spanos is going to pony up a contract averaging in the $40+Ms/yr. Herbert is easily in the top 10 of QBs. Would he be poachable? Absolutely with the old Les Snead. I'm not so sure this time around. It would rank up there with the grabbing of Stafford. If it's going to happen it will be in 2024, because after that Spanos loses a lot of control. 2024 is when Herbert is playing on his 5th year option. Herbert is exactly the strong-armed gunslinger type of QB that would keep McVay invested in staying long term. This is just a whimsical thought because I think the Rams will draft a QB and have him for an affordable 5 years.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
McVay didn't agree to a rebuild that he wouldn't be running. So I think he at least will be there until he gets another ring... same with Kupp... not sure about Donald and Stafford but I would lay odds Matt wants another ring in a Rams uniform too. Donald may want to move back home and maybe play with the Stealers before he retires for good.