How do you see the 49’ers transition to Trey Lance?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lance will come in after we break Jimmy mid November. That is unless the whiners are out of contention and they decide to just throw Rosen in there to finish out.

break him? the rams d has made him look like joe montana every time they've played the whiners with him as the qb.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
From what little i've seen of Lance, Wentz looked like the much better QB vs that competition.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think Z.Wilson is the QB jewel in this draft. Problem is, he's a NYJ.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Z.Wilson is the QB jewel in this draft. Problem is, he's a NYJ.
The Jets are experts at transmutation. Wilson will morph into Ken O'brien in no time....

dang

Legend
From what little i've seen of Lance, Wentz looked like the much better QB vs that competition.
Wentz had multiple years at NDSU and had the more mature pocket passer skill set. But take another look at raw talent and the arm strength, ability to escape and the running ability. Lance clearly had the better raw talent. Doesn’t mean it will evolve and translate to success in the NFL but his ceiling is very very high.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
My personal opinion?

Lance was the QB I had a hunch the 9ers were selecting all along.

I thought their second choice was a tie between Mac Jones and Justin Fields.

Lance was the wildcard choice between Jones & Fields.

He fits the mold of the new NFL QB's in todays era. Needs a lot of NFL coaching but he's in good hands with Shanny.

This pick will make or break Shanahan over the next 2 seasons.

I would've gambled on Lance myself if I was the GM/Head Coach of the 9ers.

Jimmy G is not their long term answer so they gambled on Lance.

AATXAJxju5DlKAnaaxUSfPJBE2eK85D_rWYZUXTHPA=s900-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Fields is going to end up being the much better QB between Lance, Jones & Fields.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Wentz had multiple years at NDSU and had the more mature pocket passer skill set. But take another look at raw talent and the arm strength, ability to escape and the running ability. Lance clearly had the better raw talent. Doesn’t mean it will evolve and translate to success in the NFL but his ceiling is very very high.
I see just another RB playing QB and quite frankly he makes Lamar Jackson look like a complete passer, lol. Raw indeed. Raw as fuck.

Looking at the new breed of dual threat QB types, i look at what does he look like if you take away the legs. Kyler Murray for example, has a quick release, strong arm , decent touch and has good accuracy.

This guy has a strong arm and...

dang

Legend
I see just another RB playing QB and quite frankly he makes Lamar Jackson look like a complete passer, lol. Raw indeed. Raw as fuck.

Looking at the new breed of dual threat QB types, i look at what does he look like if you take away the legs. Kyler Murray for example, has a quick release, strong arm , decent touch and has good accuracy.

This guy has a strong arm and...
Nope. He has instincts. And unfortunately SF and Shanahan are smart so they will likely let him evolve before unleashing him to the NFL hounds.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There is a lot to like, but I can’t help but wonder if the accuracy issues will be his downfall. You don’t get away with many mistakes in the NFL.

He can sit and learn. But, if he doesn’t get more accurate... sitting him won‘t help with that.

Breakdown after breakdown, it’s all about his accuracy. Maybe they see something in his mechanics to work on?

Good luck, 49’ers. I hope he’s the next Kyle Boller or Akili Smith.

Here is rookie minicamp tape from a day or so, zip to 1:15. Short/scripted passes. You see his accuracy a tad off on these.

View: https://youtu.be/UUY5o4UKMAs

Warner’s breakdown of his “problem areas”.

View: https://youtu.be/AfeBwgqLAoQ

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
If they are smart, they sit him all year, hope that Jimmy has a good year and they can recoup some good return for him via trade. Then draft a replacement for Lance after AD hits him so fucking hard and often that he becomes permanently broken and gun shy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Fields is going to end up being the much better QB between Lance, Jones & Fields.
Lance has insane talent and Shanny is one of the best. Would not bet against him but like Wentz he needs to learn how to scramble to buy time to throw vice running into the teeth of the defense.

Jones is in a great situation too but moreso for a long career with good protections. Belicheat is not so good at stacking receiving talent but he understands protections and stays balanced with run/pass.

Fields for all his talent I don't like his processing. This league requires fast processors with good vision nowadays if you want a long successful career. His athleticism will get used up threatening the edge to slow the rush.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jones is in a great situation too but moreso for a long career with good protections. Belicheat is not so good at stacking receiving talent but he understands protections and stays balanced with run/pass.

Jones had to wait a little bit, but in a few years (if he doesn’t already) he will see it was a blessing.

He landed in the best possible spot for the type of QB he is. Just perfect.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Trey Lance will receive the coaching needed to do pretty well. I think it depends on the health of JG as to if he plays this year.

Trey Lance, meet Aaron Donald.

We do well with scrambling QBs.

There is nowhere to run. bwahahaha