How bad is Stafford hurt?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
We probably shouldn't have went to an empty set on that play either, which is on McVay. Even if you're not going to run the ball, keep a back in the backfield for fuck's sake. It was 2nd an five ... at least make them wonder for a second whether or not they have to defend the run.
the last 3 games people are not getting as open is that set as they were before.. it could be woods being out.

But stafford has been holding the ball longer and longer in that set... and that wasnt happening earlier this year.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Both of his deep balls(Jefferson,OBJ) were right on the money. That's about as many as we had all of last season.

Ellard80

Legend
Both of his deep balls(Jefferson,OBJ) were right on the money. That's about as many as we had all of last season.
stafford is definately better when he can turn it lose down field... when he has to thread the ball he can be inconsistent.

people are frustrated with him for good reason.. but this is also his first year with mcvay.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
the last 3 games people are not getting as open is that set as they were before.. it could be woods being out.

But stafford has been holding the ball longer and longer in that set... and that wasnt happening earlier this year.

That may be true, although it's somewhat orthogonal to my point. McVay is not making opposing defenses think as hard about what's coming.

Ellard80

Legend
That may be true, although it's somewhat orthogonal to my point. McVay is not making opposing defenses think as hard about what's coming.
yeah... could be for sure.

When i watch my nfl ticket however like every team is running empty formations a lot though.

sloramfan

Starter
his accuracy is lacking in THE LAST FEW GAMES....

is it due to injury?... i'm starting to lean that way, based upon what i saw at the beginning of the year, and what i see now....

go rams

slo

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
stafford is definately better when he can turn it lose down field... when he has to thread the ball he can be inconsistent.

people are frustrated with him for good reason.. but this is also his first year with mcvay.
His accuracy has been awful but guys like Van and Higbee haven't done much to help him

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Something is wrong as his throws are usually behind the receiver on crossing routes. He does better just throwing down the field but is not as strong there either.

dang

Legend
van is great on the deep posts.. catching other types of routes he is below average.
He can certainly improve with more experience but his hands and ability to catch in traffic needs to improve. He ain’t no Woods at this point.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
cooks is a much more polished reciever than jefferson.

Problem with cooks is that he is tiny and gets clocked on other types of routes.
He was great at over the shoulder grabs but anything in front of him he was below average. I'm glad Aikman pointed out some of Jefferson's issues on the telecast today because some on here defend him to no end and expect every pass to be delivered to him on a silver platter