How bad is Stafford hurt?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Should we just...split the site into two parts so that people can go where people agree with their takes on Goff/Stafford respectively? This doesn't seem likely to end until Stafford is no longer a Ram and it'll eventually drive people away
Player disputes and trades/picks etc never die down in debate people still bring stuff up. Tavon hasn't been a Ram for what 5 years and he has a thread as many pages if not more than this one about a current player.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was brought in to upgrade the position and so that we didn't have games where the QB was the cause of a loss. That was said by many people countless times all off season. Deny if you want but that's the absolute truth and he was the reason if not a major reason we lost 3 in a row.

He definitely is a major reason why we lost every game this year, no denying that.

I'd love to see a quote of that though (that with Stafford we wouldn't have games where the QB was the cause of the loss).

As I said before, even Brady and Rodgers have games where they are the cause of the loss.

I know my big thing was turnovers - so with Stafford, those three games were really disappointing. But my main ask was just better QB play, which I've been happy with overall this year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As I said before, even Brady and Rodgers have games where they are the cause of the loss.
Yes and it won't matter. For some posters they will bide their time and shit on him at every available opportunity. Doesn't matter that he's second in the league last week in passer rating. Unrealistic expectations will be the extension of formerly bad takes going forward.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yes and it won't matter. For some posters they will bide their time and shit on him at every available opportunity. Doesn't matter that he's second in the league last week in passer rating. Unrealistic expectations will be the extension of formerly bad takes going forward.
I don’t remember either of them having a similar 3 game stretch.
Stafford leads the league in pick-6 throws and that doesn’t even factor in 2 more turnovers inside the 10.

Sure the Higbee one ain’t on him… but his first int was godawful.

One awful game? Happens. 2 in a season.. well, okay. 3 in a row?
Nope.

I’d say there’s a moving the expectation line downward.

I don’t expect 5500 & 50.

I expect very good QB play and not putting the team in a hole.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Stats don't matter much to me. It's understanding game situation and making good decisions that ultimately win you games.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
It's understanding game situation and making good decisions that ultimately win you games.
This^^^ especially against teams with winning records. Stafford has a magical ability to lose games against the better teams and idk why that is but it's followed him from Detroit to here.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This^^^ especially against teams with winning records. Stafford has a magical ability to lose games against the better teams and idk why that is but it's followed him from Detroit to here.
You must be cryin in your fuckin beer tonight. Woooo! :laugh4:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Stafford played just about perfect football tonight.
When I say "just about" .. it's not faint praise.. I mean... he was just incredible. That was an MVP performance.. and he didn't even come close to turning the ball over.

Performances like that put this team a step higher, for sure.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
You must be cryin in your fuckin beer tonight. Woooo! :laugh4:
Considering he's 2-4 against winning teams this year...You're right I am crying about that but I'm stoked about the victory today. I didn't think we were gonna win but the team stepped up big tonight.