Holly Holm KOs Rhonda Rousey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Next fight, Rousey shoots early and gets submission.
Or, she gets gassed trying and gets whupped again....

That's the point. RR doesn't really know how to shoot against someone with world class takedown defense. Judo takedowns START in the grasp and always high and Int'l Judo competition rules forbid going for leg takedowns (and since she focuses on boxing and judo, she has no training to close with a fighter who knows how to maintain distance). Wrestlers and BJJ practitioners are required to know how to shoot on even well defenses opponents and there are plenty of options from a distance.

Also, HH trains with Jon Jones crew which is among the best there is. Frankly, RR's coach is crap. NO other MMA fighter has sought him ought and even with all her success, he's filing for bankruptcy this week. Because the division is still developing, it was all too easy for Rousey to roflstomp her competition especially because most fighters and coaches weren't familiar with countering pure Judo transitions, which meant RR could easily go from clinch to hip toss or almost any ground position to arm bar. Pure Judo and BJJ which is a blend of Judo and Jiu-Jitsu are different enough that Rousey always had the advantage.

I don't think Rousey lost because she got gassed. I think she got ktfo because she got worked by a world class kick boxer and she had no answer for her striking. And unless she takes the time to develop a new game plan, she's only going to get worked again.

Dana White is likely crapping his pants and it was really low rent for him to be dragging ass like he was when HH won. Honestly, that was the worst disrespect HH received. He probably wants to schedule a rematch ASAP.

What's funny is that bets are already being taken on it and Rousey's still the favorite!!! If I hadn't promised the wife, I'd be going long on Holm in the rematch. I just don't see it. HH just gets better by leaps and bounds after every fight. How much better did THIS fight make her???

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That's the point. RR doesn't really know how to shoot against someone with world class takedown defense. Judo takedowns START in the grasp and always high and Int'l Judo competition rules forbid going for leg takedowns (and since she focuses on boxing and judo, she has no training to close with a fighter who knows how to maintain distance). Wrestlers and BJJ practitioners are required to know how to shoot on even well defenses opponents and there are plenty of options from a distance.

Also, HH trains with Jon Jones crew which is among the best there is. Frankly, RR's coach is crap. NO other MMA fighter has sought him ought and even with all her success, he's filing for bankruptcy this week. Because the division is still developing, it was all too easy for Rousey to roflstomp her competition especially because most fighters and coaches weren't familiar with countering pure Judo transitions, which meant RR could easily go from clinch to hip toss or almost any ground position to arm bar. Pure Judo and BJJ which is a blend of Judo and Jiu-Jitsu are different enough that Rousey always had the advantage.

I don't think Rousey lost because she got gassed. I think she got ktfo because she got worked by a world class kick boxer and she had no answer for her striking. And unless she takes the time to develop a new game plan, she's only going to get worked again.

Dana White is likely crapping his pants and it was really low rent for him to be dragging ass like he was when HH won. Honestly, that was the worst disrespect HH received. He probably wants to schedule a rematch ASAP.

What's funny is that bets are already being taken on it and Rousey's still the favorite!!! If I hadn't promised the wife, I'd be going long on Holm in the rematch. I just don't see it. HH just gets better by leaps and bounds after every fight. How much better did THIS fight make her???

OK I don't watch any of the fights and am only going on what I saw, and I watched the fight a few times out of curiosity.

RR has no chance against HH in a quick rematch in my opinion. She isn't in the same class as a fighter as of now and can't defend herself and is going to need some time to learn how to avoid having her faced punched off. A quick rematch will see her get knocked out again. As I was watching I kept thinking to myself "Wait..........what? .............this is the great Rhona Rousey?.......... she looks like she's clueless",and I think in a lot of cases you may be right Mac, she is limited and had poor matchups that she was able to build her rep on.

Truthfully if HH wanted to she could have knocked her out with punches eventually, she used a kick instead but it was only a matter of time before HH finished her off.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Holly Holm is proving to be my favorite combat sports person.

She's humble, direct, articulate, vulnerable, graceful and unafraid to give other's credit while feeling undiminished.

I really appreciate that SHE was the first crossover champ, male or female.

I'm just a HUGE fan.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Another BIG point raised was that this was the first fight post IV ruling... Meaning no fighter could use an IV to rehydrate after the weigh in which Rousey clearly had been doing.

She looked doughy and unlike she had in her other fights. Rapid oral hydration manifests differently than rapid IV hydration.

Which brings up something else... Rousey now has serious issues with fighting at 135 as well. For all the shade thrown at Cyborg, she's stayed true to fighting at 145 and if you watch her last Invicta vid, she chronicles her weight cut and rehydration (which is oral, not IV). Rousey used to compete in Judo at 154, so it's a big deal to cut down to 135. Personally, I've had to use IV rapid hydration several times due to pneumonia (including the one that nearly killed me where the doc gave me six liters of saline wide open just to get my blood pressure back up to 100/60) and I know for a fact how it feels and why it makes such a competitive difference.

Now, I don't think this begins a 145 lb division in the UFC because I think there is still doubt that Rousey comes back, especially if she does well with the Roadhouse remake. But, what it should do is squash a bunch of the Cyborg hate about dropping to 135 as if that's nothing. It's not nothing AT ALL.

fearsomefour

Legend
Lets hear more talk about how Rousey would beat Mayweather or about how she is the best fighter in the world. Just another overhyped media creation.
I hope she loses her next fight too.

Athos

Legend
Lets hear more talk about how Rousey would beat Mayweather or about how she is the best fighter in the world. Just another overhyped media creation.
I hope she loses her next fight too.

Maybe. I still hope Mayweather gets knocked the fuck out tho. Someone needs to trash that human excrement before he weasels into retirement.

fearsomefour

Legend
Maybe. I still hope Mayweather gets knocked the freak out tho. Someone needs to trash that human excrement before he weasels into retirement.
Wont happen.
I think he already retired anyway. He wouldn't lose unless he lost focus which is unlikely.
He may be a piece of crap but he is a true elite level fighter unlike these other pretenders.