"Hello Mason? It's Sean".

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Why do people have to be dicks?

So.. it ain't ME who thinks he's smarter than you... it's McVay.
Why do people have to endlessly defend someone that's obviously not cut out for the job?

And McVay is wrong about the kid, the results are obvious, and he's just too stubborn to admit it.

Let's do a poll on if we should keep him. How about a new thread?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Why do people have to endlessly defend someone that's obviously not cut out for the job?

And McVay is wrong about the kid, the results are obvious, and he's just too stubborn to admit it.

I’m not defending “him.”

But I think the process makes sense.. because the goal, to me, is to have a young, cheap, big-legged kicker on the roster the next two seasons.

Disagree? Fine. But that’s what I see happening and I get it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The real mistake was cutting Mason. They could have kept him around to keep that heat on the kid. Very irritating.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
He might.
But that happens to other kickers, too.

And if you pick Crosby, you can't even think about trying a kick over 45.
(that's overstated.. he was 1-4 from 50+ last year)
We can't even trust our current kicker from more than 30 yards out! Sucks that we don't have a reliable option. I for one say get rid of him, he's gonna cost us a game if we keep him around.

TexasRam

Legend
Havirisik drives me nuts.

He seems to have good days and bad days.

The most unsettling thing (to me) was James Lofton saying that Havirisik was terrible during warm-ups and "missing them left and right." How bad do you have to be in warm-ups for the announcer to make a point of calling it out?

McVay looked pissed after that 42-yard miss.

I for one do not want Havirisik as our kicker next year. He's just too damn inconsistent.
Yea I heard that as well. I was thinking, DAM. When has an announcer mentioned the kicker missing kicks in warmups lol.

The dude is no where near in his misses. He needs to go far away like now.

Whoever suggested we sign him should be fired. WTF.

It's embarrasing to have a kicker miss a 40 yarder so badly. I have never seen this bad of a kicker, even the Dallas kicker wasn't that far off.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Good idea. I'm sure McVay will defer to the superior intellect of a bunch of arm chair coaches.

I'm going to guess that the choices of kickers is pretty slim. I doubt Mason could have made a couple of those kicks last week in that weather. So here we are. Maybe we have a new kicker soon. Maybe we don't. I'll trust McVay to have done more research than you - mkay? And to the stubborn idea? Please. He's dumped players at the drop of a hat. A kicker isn't going to lose him any sleep.

JBRam77

UDFA
He sucked in college too..How he made it to the NFL is a mystery…There has to be a better kicker available…has to be. Even his made kicks are shanked

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
The look on McVays face when he missed so badly says it all.
I bet he makes a move.
It would be nice, when he misses you do not know instantly the kick has no chance.
Maybe they can get another kicker and put him on the PS and develop. But he has the yips for fucking sure.
The guy I want gone is Kendricks.
That one series where he gets burned twice and a big penalty was enough for me.
Trade him for a ham sandwich.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I don’t see them doing it this week because of the short turnaround..
but who knows?
McVay got Mayfield ready.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This Saints game feels like a real dogfight. We're definitely going to need a kicker hitting the easy ones at the least. That said I don't know that Crosby makes sense even if they re-sign him, because if he was any good during that week he'd be our kicker now.

Feels right now like we're gonna need to roll the dice on Havrisik. Coach him up. Try to ensure those holds are consistent and all that. And hope. :cold:

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I haven't analyzed our kicking situation, but I know if the holder is slightly off on their timing, it affects the kick. Although I think Hvaershank is just too inconsistent to be an NFL kicker.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Good idea. I'm sure McVay will defer to the superior intellect of a bunch of arm chair coaches.

I'm going to guess that the choices of kickers is pretty slim. I doubt Mason could have made a couple of those kicks last week in that weather. So here we are. Maybe we have a new kicker soon. Maybe we don't. I'll trust McVay to have done more research than you - mkay? And to the stubborn idea? Please. He's dumped players at the drop of a hat. A kicker isn't going to lose him any sleep.

I would be willing to bet at least 95% of the fans want him gone.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It's not just us.
One game yesterday had back to back missed XPs missed by both teams..

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I have seen enough of Lucas Havrisik, his kicks fade, it appears he kicks with his foot open to the right, similar to a golf club when you stroke the ball open face and it fades right. It is perfect for a dog leg left, but any other time, it is not good and that is Havrisik.

Give me a game with Mason Crosby and see how that works out please. I understand Coach McVay, you like the kid and when challenged, he had a good day in Baltimore. But he is inconsistent and if he can work that out during practice, OTA's, Training Camp & preseason of 2024 then fine, but not now. Bring in the veteran and lets go from there.