Hats off to Nick Foles and Case Keenum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Without an amazing team around him, he's a back up.
That could be said about quite a few starting quarterbacks out there.

I keep trying to explain that there is a definite lack of first string quality quarterbacks out there.

I think Keenum has a special quality taking a broken play and actually making something of it.

People have been saying he's "lucky" for years but after while you have to realize it's more than just "luck".

Some people have a way of making their own luck.

My soccer coach in high school told us this player that just didn't look the part and he was basically klutzy but somehow the ball would just bounce right for him or he would just be in the right spot at the right time so he had to start him.

Keenum just gets the job done.

I saw him win games like that for us.

JMO.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
There is it good reason that the old coaches are basically unemployed, Keenum signed a multimillion-dollar contract and Foles won the Championship Performance award.

Gregg Williams Cleveland Browns

Rob Boras Buffalo Bills

Mike Waufle Retired from Bills

David McGinnis radio for Titans

Mike Groh offensive coordinator of the Philadelphia Eagles

Chris Weinke Tennessee Vols

Skip Peete Rams

Kenan Smith unknown

John Lilly Tennessee Vols

Paul T. Boudreau retired? Not coaching

Andy Dickerson Rams

Barrett Trotter Auburn

Charles Douglas "Chuck" Cecil not coaching

Clyde Simmons Jr. Cleveland Browns

Frank Bush Miami Dolphins

Dennard Wilson New York Jets

Brandon Fisher unknown, not coaching

Jeff Imamura Carolina Panthers

Mike Singletary AAAF

Rock Gullickson Tennessee Vols

J Aggabao Toronto Argonauts

6 of 21 are not coaching.

Waufle is retired

Boudreau may be retired at 69 years old

The other 4? Who knows?

Those that are working are in the NFL or the SEC, not too shabby.

Highest levels of football.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
"Highest level" of football?

First of all I was only referring to offensive coaches so half of your list is mute.

Secondly, college football is a highly diluted collection of coaches and not the NFL which is supposed to be the highest tier coaches.

And thirdly, I do blame most of those coaches failures on Fisher and his forced 1950s version of offense.

Most of these coaches were hired because they could use Fisherball as their excuse for failure.

I am glad these guys are hanging on to jobs and are still learning, (which is part of coaching, to continue learning and improving) but they are not the highest levels.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
By the way, Brian Schottenheimer is the offensive coordinator of the Seattle Seahawks and we'll see how that works out.

Someone else mentioned that Boudreau is a special teams coordinator in the CFL.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
"Highest level" of football?

First of all I was only referring to offensive coaches so half of your list is mute.

Secondly, college football is a highly diluted collection of coaches and not the NFL which is supposed to be the highest tier coaches.

And thirdly, I do blame most of those coaches failures on Fisher and his forced 1950s version of offense.

Most of these coaches were hired because they could use Fisherball as their excuse for failure.

I am glad these guys are hanging on to jobs and are still learning, (which is part of coaching, to continue learning and improving) but they are not the highest levels.

Yeah, IMO, the NFL & SEC are highest level of football and most would agree with me.

You don't, shrug.

And it's moot, pard.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Yeah, IMO, the NFL & SEC are highest level of football and most would agree with me.

You don't, shrug.

And it's moot, pard.
I'm using voice reader on my phone so yes, I should do a better job of proofreading.

Like I said, I'm blaming most of this failure on Fisher, not on the coaches who were picked by Fisher.

Boras has been demoted back to tight ends coach because it was obvious to everybody that he was not an offensive coordinator.

Schottenheimer is back from the college leagues and still has to re-prove himself somewhat.

The fact that two of the NFL coaches you mentioned are still with the Rams doesn't mean anything either other than that they were retained because they WERE quality coaches.

Groh? Good for him. That would be one promotion among that entire list.

Every other coach you mention has been demoted to a lesser level.

No biggie, because like I said, that is often part of the learning process.

They probably learned what NOT to do from Fisher.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Nope. freak em. Forever and always.

He's in Denver now, he can get in the Chargers way, I'm OK with that.

As long as he was a filthy Viking, there's no way I could root for him or celebrate his accomplishments. Rams history and rivalry with them has never gone away in my eyes, and I wish nothing but pain on that miserable fanbase.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Jeff Fisher wins the ESPY for being the least offensive person of the year.
giphy.gif
I dunno. His offenses were pretty offensive. Oh wait... he’s no longer in the running.