Has anyone had experience with the new Ford Bronco??????

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I'd rather they just pick a new name. I can not begin to explain how mad and disgusted I was when Pontiac made an ugly import into the new GTO which was basically just a fancier Grand Am. I always loved Pontiac but they deserved to go under after the shit they made between 2000 and their shut down.
Pontiac missed a golden opportunity to bring back the GTO with a retro model, like Dodge did with the Challenger. However, the GTO was more than a fancier Grand Am. The import you referenced was the Holden Monaro and rode on the Zeta platform, which was quite good. The styling was where they missed the boat with that car.

Also, Pontiac went under for a couple of reasons, but mostly because the Chinese love and buy Buicks more than American's loved and bought Pontiac. Tis a shame, as I always liked Pontiacs, but one had to go during the government bailout, and China won it for Buick.....lame.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I tried to lease one and long story short, Ford wants to sell them and wanted 600 a month to lease a 28,000 dollar car. I took a 45k explorer instead and pay 300 a month.

Ouch. I've looked at Ford vehicles and noticed they are pricier overall compared to Chevy. Bronco was a bit more affordable.

I was over at his place, he has the Badlands V6. The more I am around the Bronco, the less I like it. It is so undersized for an SUV IMO.
The V6 is nice, like I said before it has some giddy up lol.
I like the new Explorers, they are really nice.

The trailblazers are small too.
Maybe it’s just me, they were bigger and beefier in the 80-90s.

The new Trailblazer is a total chick car. I can totally imagine a valley girl driving down a Cali coast in one of those things. And they are weaker than the Bronco. My 2011 Malibu has more power than those.

Whatever I do decide no way in hell I go without an RS or ST trim. Everything else looks so bland.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The trailblazers are small too.
Maybe it’s just me, they were bigger and beefier in the 80-90s.
Well if you want big and spacey there's a market for those in the Expedition and whatever you call the Chevy and GM versions. But those just feel gross to me, way too big and heavy.

Explorers I agree look great, almost bought one but couldn't get past my F-150 association, I had a '97 I drove until 2015 hard to change when a truck treats you that well. Mine has the smallest V6 and I love the gas mileage, long as you don't step too hard on the gas lol. If I drive faster than 65-70 that gas mileage takes a huge dump.

Honestly if I wanted to go with a true offroad vehicle (ok so I did go 4x4 with my truck couldn't help myself lol) I'd get an old Jeep and fix it up. I love the Bronco II look but the price tag on anything that looks like that is just stupid.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pontiac missed a golden opportunity to bring back the GTO with a retro model, like Dodge did with the Challenger. However, the GTO was more than a fancier Grand Am. The import you referenced was the Holden Monaro and rode on the Zeta platform, which was quite good. The styling was where they missed the boat with that car.
(y)

My dream car is a '65 GTO. When I was a kid working at my Gramp's auto shop I would do brake jobs and this old dude would bring a black '65 in every year or so and every single time every single dude in the shop would stop what they're doing and watch it pull in.

Great lines on a car are like a chick with a rockin bod.

1619124302702.png

Angry Ram

Well if you want big and spacey there's a market for those in the Expedition and whatever you call the Chevy and GM versions. But those just feel gross to me, way too big and heavy.

Tahoe and Suburban. Now THOSE are mom cars. Especially if they are white (the car lol).

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
You can get a 21 Ram 1500 big horn with crew cabs for like 40k. Plenty of room. V8 and the ability to haul or tow.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I paid 42 for this. It's a 2019, but I got it when it was brand new. Thing drives amazing and has all the room I could want. My wife would prefer a Tahoe or Expedition. But her ass pops in it every chance she can.
BBF2BE5F-6B92-479C-B8FC-09C4B1F75246.jpeg

Psycho_X

Legend

Also, Pontiac went under for a couple of reasons, but mostly because the Chinese love and buy Buicks more than American's loved and bought Pontiac. Tis a shame, as I always liked Pontiacs, but one had to go during the government bailout, and China won it for Buick.....lame.

Yeah I know it was the Australian import and was actually a decent car but it just looked like a fancier Grand Am to me. If they didn't put the GTO tag on it I wouldn't have a problem with it. But yeah I really wish Pontiac had survived to see what they would have done after the retro looks started gaining popularity like the Challenger. Would love a new version of a GTO that used similar lines to the late 60s models like @Merlin posted above.

And damn Japan... Buick makes decent cars but not sure I've ever seen a good looking Buick in the last 4 decades lol.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I paid 42 for this. It's a 2019, but I got it when it was brand new. Thing drives amazing and has all the room I could want. My wife would prefer a Tahoe or Expedition. But her ass pops in it every chance she can. View attachment 45070
Dodge has done a great job of late with their trucks, really like that front end good lines. (y)

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Dodge has done a great job of late with their trucks, really like that front end good lines. (y)
I had the model before. It was 17' blacked out badges and smoked lights, black wheels. It was nice and I was on the fence about the new models. But, my friend is a car salesman and convinced me to come drive it. I fell in love. Has the 8" monitor. Now they have 12". I looked into swapping and it was like a grand. Fuck that. Lol

Angry Ram

Looks like a few local dealerships have them. A V6 costs around $44k. Might be out of my price ranger. Looks like its a Blazer RS or bust!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
The new Bronco is nice, Fit and finish are somewhere in between utilitarian and comfort as you may expect from a vehicle in this price range. My coworker has one and is happy. I don't get into the Chevy vs Ford thing seems silly to me but the Bronco is a similar size to the OG so it would be a much better choice to wheel in tight mountain trails than the larger Blazers that we always managed to get stuck as kids.
Old Broncos are more than the new ones in So Cal.
I always wanted to do a Scout renovation but that is another story