Has anyone had experience with the new Ford Bronco??????

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm back in the car market, and I'm fairly know what I need. I just saw a new Bronco on the highway a couple days ago, didn't know they were out already.

I know some of you will say "its not the old Bronco!" well yeah. Seems like the trend is to bring back old names into the 21st century. J/w if anyone has experience or is more of a car expert.

2021-Ford-Bronco-Sport-10.jpg

Psycho_X

Legend
I'm back in the car market, and I'm fairly know what I need. I just saw a new Bronco on the highway a couple days ago, didn't know they were out already.

I know some of you will say "its not the old Bronco!" well yeah. Seems like the trend is to bring back old names into the 21st century. J/w if anyone has experience or is more of a car expert.

2021-Ford-Bronco-Sport-10.jpg

I've been curious about them as well. Unfortunately, they are impossible to find around here. A combo of a lot of pre-orders and the pandemic making some new vehicles hard to find in general (don't try and buy a new pickup right now because the choices suck or are nill) because of factories being shut down over various times in the last year. I like the look of them and will definitely test drive one next time I am serious about buying a new vehicle. Hopefully they will be more abundant by then.

As for... "I know some of you will say "its not the old Bronco!" well yeah. Seems like the trend is to bring back old names into the 21st century" .... Isn't that the truth. I don't mind some reimagining but I don't see a point in bringing back old names and completely changing what they were. I'd rather they just pick a new name. I can not begin to explain how mad and disgusted I was when Pontiac made an ugly import into the new GTO which was basically just a fancier Grand Am. I always loved Pontiac but they deserved to go under after the shit they made between 2000 and their shut down.

Also, the Blazer... I actually like the new Blazer and will possibly get one for the wife soon but it's not a Blazer. I loved the Blazer/Jimmy model from the 70s/80s and some 90s. But swinging back to the Bronco I think it is a fair reimagining of what they once were. They stuck to the rugged, off road thing and made them a competition to Jeeps. I would have to drive one first to have a true opinion but so far I think Ford won with it and I am not a Ford guy.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Buy an old Bronco and put that money into fixing it up. Be a hell of a lot cheaper to fix when it breaks down. None of that electronic shit. Lol my buddy is a service writer for a Ford dealership and he tells me the crazy amount of money shit costs to repair.

Those new broncos will never be this cool!

passenger_front_34-3-1225x815.jpg

1976-Ford-Bronco-By-Velocity-Restorations-001.jpg

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I agree with @Psycho_X that they need to quit bringing names back and changing the vehicle so much. The challenger is really the only throw back that seems to do justice.

I just love the thought of driving something old. Something different. I have been looking for an old square body truck. Don't even really care what make. I like all the big three back then. But an older vehicle with some modern touches to the brakes and some styling....wow, can be terrific.

But, all that said, there is something to say about the new vehicles comforts.

Psycho_X

Legend
Buy an old Bronco and put that money into fixing it up. Be a hell of a lot cheaper to fix when it breaks down. None of that electronic shit. Lol my buddy is a service writer for a Ford dealership and he tells me the crazy amount of money shit costs to repair.

My dad has a blue/white 78 Jimmy he's thinking about getting rid of and I have been seriously considering buying it and putting some money into for that reason. Would be nice to have a backup vehicle I can work on myself if the need arose. I really like the look of it though and don't want him to get rid of it.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've been curious about them as well. Unfortunately, they are impossible to find around here. A combo of a lot of pre-orders and the pandemic making some new vehicles hard to find in general (don't try and buy a new pickup right now because the choices suck or are nill) because of factories being shut down over various times in the last year. I like the look of them and will definitely test drive one next time I am serious about buying a new vehicle. Hopefully they will be more abundant by then.

Yeah the car market is hard right now. Ironically b/c demand is high. I was actually getting my car worked on and like half the dealership lot was empty. Apparently people are taking their stimmy's and buying up those. I'm not getting a truck. Too much money for the maintenance and gas. And I don't really need one.

As for... "I know some of you will say "its not the old Bronco!" well yeah. Seems like the trend is to bring back old names into the 21st century" .... Isn't that the truth. I don't mind some reimagining but I don't see a point in bringing back old names and completely changing what they were. I'd rather they just pick a new name. I can not begin to explain how mad and disgusted I was when Pontiac made an ugly import into the new GTO which was basically just a fancier Grand Am. I always loved Pontiac but they deserved to go under after the shit they made between 2000 and their shut down.

I miss Pontiac. I really wanted a G8 back in high school.

Also, the Blazer... I actually like the new Blazer and will possibly get one for the wife soon but it's not a Blazer. I loved the Blazer/Jimmy model from the 70s/80s and some 90s. But swinging back to the Bronco I think it is a fair reimagining of what they once were. They stuck to the rugged, off road thing and made them a competition to Jeeps. I would have to drive one first to have a true opinion but so far I think Ford won with it and I am not a Ford guy.

Speaking of Blazer, Chevy actually brought back the Trailblazer. I think those are stupid tho. They are trying to be trendy, but they look like glorified Fiats.

The new Blazer, is actually my first choice last year and they still look awesome. The Bronco is quickly closing the gap.

2020-chevrolet-blazer-rs-pros-and-cons.jpg

View attachment 44904
View attachment 44905

I'm not that much of a car guy to that level lol. That red one looks awesome tho.

Psycho_X

Legend
The new Blazer, is actually my first choice last year and they still look awesome. The Bronco is quickly closing the gap.

Yeah I really like the look of the new Blazer. I test drove one right before I got my truck last year and it drove very nice. Unfortunately, I'm 6'4" so I'm a bit too cramped in them for my liking to have as my everyday car but my wife has been eyeing them for her next vehicle. They are very sharp looking and loved the AWD one I tried out. But I'm in agreement that the Bronco has caught my eye and I'm hoping they become more readily available soon so we can test drive one.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm a Chevy guy but that new "Blazer" just says all wheel drive car to me. It seems more soccer mom than anything you'd take off road or up a logging road. I've had 2 Blazers in the past and they were TRAIL BLAZERS! GAWT DAMN IT!

Angry Ram

I'm a Chevy guy but that new "Blazer" just says all wheel drive car to me. It seems more soccer mom than anything you'd take off road or up a logging road. I've had 2 Blazers in the past and they were TRAIL BLAZERS! GAWT DAMN IT!

You're so right. Every new vehicle these days seems to be geared toward soccer moms and families. Especially with sedans (losermobiles) being phased out. Family friendly ta loca family friendly!

If I end up getting the Blazer it will be RS version. At least that looks a little sleeker.

Psycho_X

Legend

Agreed, it's a bit small and like mentioned more car like than suv. But it looks nice and drives nice just wish they'd call it something other than a Blazer. I'm a chevy/GM guy too and was disappointed by the direction they took with them. I wish they'd come out with a new version of the Jimmy and make it a competitor to Jeep/Bronco like I thought they might with the Blazer/trailblazer. I really liked this fake someone made of what a modern version of a Jimmy would look like... I'd buy this...
1618334085616.png

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I saw this and melted a bit. Damn it's nice. @Angry Ram you ain't gotta be a car guy to appreciate old tech with new styling.

Screenshot_20210413-130646_Instagram.jpg

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Ive always thought of the blazer as the broncos little brother....and that little brother has a touch of the tards.

Tho, the new blazer has some nice styling.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Took a ride in one the other day. Not bad at all. Not sure how I felt about the instrument panel, but I was just the passenger.

Nice acceleration (I think V8), comfortable seating, nice interior (wish they were captain chairs), and overall smooth ride. Seemed a little low for an SUV.

It was light blue/grey(I am color blind) with grey interior. Massive touch screen.

I didn’t ask the price but I imagine over 35k easily.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The old Broncos are pricey as hell, it's like a lot of the old classics now where collectors have driven up the price on even the ones rusting in some old dude's yard. And if you want to restore it boy howdy you better have some bucks.

There's some companies now building newer ones that have the same old look, forget the name starts with an A iirc. Also there are actual restoration companies putting out lines but both those newer versions are priced at collector and yuppy levels. I would never spend $200k on a ride personally but if you have the means good on you.

IMO Ford is killing it with the retro looks though. They're trying to tap into that old look and rightly so. (y)

Angry Ram

Took a ride in one the other day. Not bad at all. Not sure how I felt about the instrument panel, but I was just the passenger.

Nice acceleration (I think V8), comfortable seating, nice interior (wish they were captain chairs), and overall smooth ride. Seemed a little low for an SUV.

It was light blue/grey(I am color blind) with grey interior. Massive touch screen.

I didn’t ask the price but I imagine over 35k easily.

The new ones don't have V8s. They have a 1.5 4 cyl and a 2.7 6 cyl. Which makes no sense for a SUV that's being marketed for off-roading and outdoors. I think the Bronco Sport trim looks better but it's a weak ass 1.5 cyl only. Sports aren't too bad, 28 - 30k. The non-sport ones get pricey up to 40k. Maybe i still think like how my parents did when they bought cars, but I can't get past the 2.7 engine. We've always had 3 or 3.6 L V6s. Going to a 4 cyl or 2.7 L makes me nervous.

I went to an auto show last week and saw them in person. You're right, they are a lot smaller and lower than I expected. They still look cool, I'll give them that.

The old Broncos are pricey as hell, it's like a lot of the old classics now where collectors have driven up the price on even the ones rusting in some old dude's yard. And if you want to restore it boy howdy you better have some bucks.

There's some companies now building newer ones that have the same old look, forget the name starts with an A iirc. Also there are actual restoration companies putting out lines but both those newer versions are priced at collector and yuppy levels. I would never spend $200k on a ride personally but if you have the means good on you.

IMO Ford is killing it with the retro looks though. They're trying to tap into that old look and rightly so. (y)

Think Dodge is the leader in that. The Challenger and Charger SXT and Scat Pack trims are badass. But it's Dodge so the rep is a bit...Dodgey.

2020-Dodge-Charger-SRT-Scat-Pack-Widebody-10.jpg

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I tried to lease one and long story short, Ford wants to sell them and wanted 600 a month to lease a 28,000 dollar car. I took a 45k explorer instead and pay 300 a month.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The new ones don't have V8s. They have a 1.5 4 cyl and a 2.7 6 cyl. Which makes no sense for a SUV that's being marketed for off-roading and outdoors. I think the Bronco Sport trim looks better but it's a weak ass 1.5 cyl only. Sports aren't too bad, 28 - 30k. The non-sport ones get pricey up to 40k. Maybe i still think like how my parents did when they bought cars, but I can't get past the 2.7 engine. We've always had 3 or 3.6 L V6s. Going to a 4 cyl or 2.7 L makes me nervous.

I went to an auto show last week and saw them in person. You're right, they are a lot smaller and lower than I expected. They still look cool, I'll give them that.

Think Dodge is the leader in that. The Challenger and Charger SXT and Scat Pack trims are badass. But it's Dodge so the rep is a bit...Dodgey.

2020-Dodge-Charger-SRT-Scat-Pack-Widebody-10.jpg
I was over at his place, he has the Badlands V6. The more I am around the Bronco, the less I like it. It is so undersized for an SUV IMO.
The V6 is nice, like I said before it has some giddy up lol.
I like the new Explorers, they are really nice.

The trailblazers are small too.
Maybe it’s just me, they were bigger and beefier in the 80-90s.