Gurley not getting enough carries

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
We've lost the last three games by a total of 13 points. We're supposed to be a ground and pound team and yet, Gurley has averaged 13 carries per game. Meanwhile, Keenum has averaged FORTY SIX attempts per game.

What is the plan here? Is Fisher trying to show off Keenums laser rocket arm to the rest of the league? I figured the bye week would give them time to get the run game figured out. Gurley had that nice run from the wild cat and they NEVER ran it again.

Absolutely mind boggling when it comes to coaching and game planning with this team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gurley is getting enough carries. The holes aren't there.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
With how poorly the offensive line is playing and with Gurley having the vision of a bat, it's tough to base your offense around that.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Put Gurley behind a good o-line and this wouldn't even cross your mind. See Ezekiel Elliot.
Not everyone has an O-line like Dallas. Adrian Peterson is an impact player that made plays on his own despite his OLine. Those are special players. Gurley is not playing like a special player.

jap

Legend
it doesn't matter if there doesn't appear to be 8/9 guys in the hole. Opposing DC's have instructed their troops to stop #30 at all costs. The only way that changes is to place a signal caller who will consistently deliver quick deaths through the air against that strategy. Jared may well have to prove he can death-strike them for 4-5-6 wins in a row before they back off and play Todd honestly----just like back in 1999 with Kurt & Marshall.

Last edited:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not everyone has an O-line like Dallas. Adrian Peterson is an impact player that made plays on his own despite his OLine. Those are special players. Gurley is not playing like a special player.

Peterson also had an OC that kept feeding him the ball. I hate to see fans dog a guy when not looking at the bigger picture same thing with Sjax I just dont understand. If Gurley was behind that Dallas line he would be over a 1000 yards already. This isnt the Homer in me. But Gurley is definitely top 10 worthy and it worries me when a guy is having a down year and everybody just gives up on him. Yall act like he have holes left and right lmao. Get a clue and watch the games and tell me who fault it is with the run game.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Peterson also had an OC that kept feeding him the ball. I hate to see fans dog a guy when not looking at the bigger picture same thing with Sjax I just dont understand. If Gurley was behind that Dallas line he would be over a 1000 yards already. This isnt the Homer in me. But Gurley is definitely top 10 worthy and it worries me when a guy is having a down year and everybody just gives up on him. Yall act like he have holes left and right lmao. Get a clue and watch the games and tell me who fault it is with the run game.
Hey maybe I'll waste my time and show you all the holes Gurley has missed through out the season.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey maybe I'll waste my time and show you all the holes Gurley has missed through out the season.
Yes please show me and i can show you all the times when he had unblocked defenders as soon as he got the ball and as a plus i will show you all the rams olinemen that are on their asses on the same play.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Yes please show me and i can show you all the times when he had unblocked defenders as soon as he got the ball and as a plus i will show you all the rams olinemen that are on their asses on the same play.
Ok challenge accepted.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Right now, it feels like Benny Cunningham isn't getting enough carries....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm good with this. When should we expect it? Just keep in mind that we need more than one picture. Defensive pursuit changes once a HB commits.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I believe Gurley should be getting 25 touches a game how ever they have to do it. I have been harping on him the last couple of weeks and believe he deserves his share of the critical remarks he is getting. If they could find a way to get him that many touches per game I think eventually they could wear some defense down. But, when that puts the team in 3rd and long they have to convert. He needs to be staying on the field more on 3rd down too. There is no reason for him to be replaced on every 3rd down, hes supposed to be elite. Prove it #30

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
This O line is soft. There are never any gaping holes to run through. When a hole does open up, it closes very quickly. Blown away at how bad this line is playing.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Gurley absolutely needs more carries.

I don't care how badly we are struggling the run the football. When Case Keenum is the QB, you absolutely CANNOT abandon the run to that extent. If it means eating some three and outs in the process as we stick by the run game... so be it.

Surely we all remember last year. Gurley gets better as the game goes on. If we abandoned the run game in Arizona last year Gurley never would have had his coming out party.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Ya lets just run,run, pass every time we have the ball. Ray malavasi style cool I miss all that stuff

RedRam

Pro Bowler
We've lost the last three games by a total of 13 points. We're supposed to be a ground and pound team and yet, Gurley has averaged 13 carries per game. Meanwhile, Keenum has averaged FORTY SIX attempts per game.

What is the plan here? Is Fisher trying to show off Keenums laser rocket arm to the rest of the league? I figured the bye week would give them time to get the run game figured out. Gurley had that nice run from the wild cat and they NEVER ran it again.

Absolutely mind boggling when it comes to coaching and game planning with this team.
They're saving Gurley for the playoffs, you know, keep him fresh for the Super Bowl push!