Gurley for MVP/He is now Rams MVP

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
wonder how much of an impact week 17 can have if gurley doesnt play much and brady does, or vise versa

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Hes got my vote , he' the best player on the best offense in football...

The TD numbers is what matters ! The guys on tv say he is not close to the yards AP had his mvp season but in total yards they have to be close . Can't remember AP getting 700 yards receiving. I know AP ran for over 2000.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If you go by what it actually means- I think Wilson is most valuable to his team- Gurley second and Brady 3rd= but we all know they will give it to Brady. Obviously I want it to be Gurley. Just don't think they will give it to him- they will give him O Player of year.
This^ is just one more BIG reason I want the Rams to go to the SB vs the Cheatriots, so Gurley and the rest of the Rams can Kick there collective A$$'s!!!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Florio said:
The Rams have qualified for the playoffs for the first time since 2003

Incorrect.
The Rams last playoff game was in '05... I understand why us Rams fans have blocked it out of our memory, but I am surprised that Florio would or couldn't find accurate info.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Incorrect.
The Rams last playoff game was in '05... I understand why us Rams fans have blocked it out of our memory, but I am surprised that Florio would or couldn't find accurate info.
Yeah. 2004 season. And he's not the only one who's said that either.
It's bizarre.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/27/todd-gurley-is-the-rams-mvp/

Todd Gurley is the Rams MVP
Posted by Mike Florio on December 27, 2017

898085808-e1514408860468.jpg

Getty Images

He could end up being the league’s MVP. For now, running back Todd Gurley is his team’s MVP.

The Rams have announced that Gurley, a third-year running back who has rebounded from a sophomore slump to generate more than 2,000 yards from scrimmage, has been named the franchise’s most valuable player for the 2017 season.

Gurley has a career-high 1,305 rushing yards and a whopping 788 receiving yards; in two prior seasons combined, he had only 515. He also has 19 total touchdowns on the year.

The Rams also named receiver Cooper Kupp the team’s rookie of the year. Veteran left tackle Andrew Whitworth, who arrived via free agency, won the team’s “spirit of the game” award.

The Rams have qualified for the playoffs for the first time since 2003, ending nearly 15 years of mediocre-at-best performances.
This^ is the only thing " Foolio" has posted all year that I have enjoyed reading!!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yeah. 2004 season. And he's not the only one who's said that either.
It's bizarre.

It really is a bit odd.

Wait... is this like that Shazaam movie where Sinbad played a genie?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gurley isn't going to win MVP unfortunately, they just don't give them to RB very often. Hell Dickerson didn't win it in '84 either. It's sad because Brady is having a very average year statistically and is limping to the finish line having played his worst football of the year in December.

James Otto

Starter
Gurley isn't going to win MVP unfortunately, they just don't give them to RB very often. Hell Dickerson didn't win it in '84 either. It's sad because Brady is having a very average year statistically and is limping to the finish line having played his worst football of the year in December.

I get it and all. Don't think Brady deserves MVP, squarely think that Gurley does.

But in what world is 4500+ yards, 30+ TDs, 8 INT, and 104+ rating - VERY AVERAGE?????

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get it and all. Don't think Brady deserves MVP, squarely think that Gurley does.

But in what world is 4500+ yards, 30+ TDs, 8 INT, and 104+ rating - VERY AVERAGE?????
Last year Ryan and Brees both had more yards and 37/38 TD with 70% completion Cousins had 4900. Year before 5 QB had 4500 and 35+. Before that 5 had 4700+ and qb's had 38 39 and 40 TD. It's a regular thing for a QB to have those numbers one does it every year at least one. Twice this decade has a guy had 20 TD's. Unfortunately because of voter bias neither of those guys won MVP. It goes to QB's that's why the award is such a joke.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

Couple weeks back...I was thinking about my prop bet....I think I remember one number was Gurley 1750 yards this season....I was looking at his numbers...thinking he could still get it....but he was really effective as a pass catcher out of the screen game...so I wasn't pissed...Then I saw how he was heating up...and figured, he has a chance...I had a feeling Gurley was going for 200+ against the 9ers...

welp....I still got a trick or two up my sleeve...LOLOL

This is a strange year...bunch of guys resting...bunch of guys playing....

Unless Mannion is really as good as some in here say....looks like we could play the Panthers in the first week of the playoffs...and I didn't want to see them the first week. Panthers-Philly-Vikes is a damn tough schedule....Gurley is gonna show everyone WHY he truly is an MVP....he can wait for a rushing title.

I knew Gurley was a great pick....always...in fact, I'd move him to kickoff returns...just to give the ST's that UMPH that @Prime Time thinks ST does....