Gregg Williams Press Confeence

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Speeps

Starter
I LOVE THIS MAN. His knowledge, and eloquence was very impressive. This is a smart man that defines confidence. He is also very blunt. This guy will make this defense very good.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
this hire alone could bring us an extra win or 2 IMO.

Cool! That puts us at 9 wins, Bradford being healthy a full year gives us 2 more wins, and the experience gained from last year by the young guns gives us another win.

12-4 barring health... and the draft is right around the corner. B)

(Too bad that "health" thing isn't a minor concern. It's what gets us every year to a large degree.)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I LOVE THIS MAN. His knowledge, and eloquence was very impressive. This is a smart man that defines confidence. He is also very blunt. This guy will make this defense very good.
He and Fisher are like two peas in a pod. I love this signing, too.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Cool! That puts us at 9 wins, Bradford being healthy a full year gives us 2 more wins, and the experience gained from last year by the young guns gives us another win.

12-4 barring health... and the draft is right around the corner. B)

(Too bad that "health" thing isn't a minor concern. It's what gets us every year to a large degree.)

I think we could win a couple games next year even if Walton stayed. Our young team needs to grow and develop, which they would. With Williams i see us winning 3-5 more games if we fix our secondary, which I am 100% sure they will.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That was one of the more enjoyable pressers I've seen in quite some time.
That dude doesn't pull any punches, and he's not real fond of bullshit.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
GW "We are in the winning games business"
I don't see him accepting or allowing failure.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
That was one of the more enjoyable pressers I've seen in quite some time.
That dude doesn't pull any punches, and he's not real fond of bullshit.

Massive upgrade over Walton. Williams doesnt take shit and makes sure his players play the same way. I am absolutely pumped right now.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
GW "We are in the winning games business"
I don't see him accepting or allowing failure.
If it was as simple as "not accepting or allowing failure", anyone could do it.

I'm trusting Fish... but I'm cautious about this hire.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

Do you trust Walton more? Williams is on a completely whole new level than Walton. It is an upgrade.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Do you trust Walton more? Williams is on a completely whole new level than Walton. It is an upgrade.
Given what recently came out about Walton being removed from playcalling, no, I don't trust him more.

But after the Bountygate thing, I was pretty glad the Rams got rid of Williams. I hope I'm wrong, but I want to see what he does for a defense without the illegal tactics before getting excited. Plus, if he does go back to the old ways, I could see the Rams getting dinged a draft pick.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Given what recently came out about Walton being removed from playcalling, no, I don't trust him more.

But after the Bountygate thing, I was pretty glad the Rams got rid of Williams. I hope I'm wrong, but I want to see what he does for a defense without the illegal tactics before getting excited. Plus, if he does go back to the old ways, I could see the Rams getting dinged a draft pick.

You do know, that Williams defense with the Saints was one of the lowest flagged teams in the NFL right? Doubt 100% he starts a new bounty scandal.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Kind of like going from a rookie to a ProBowl vet.

Agree 100%. Walton was a rookie at his position, Williams is a proven Vet who brings the best out of his players, all of them!!

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame

It's not just being a homer here, this guy has had many top 5 and top 10 defenses. He's one of the best. And a HUGE upgrade over the in-over-his-head Walton.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
It's not just being a homer here, this guy has had many top 5 and top 10 defenses. He's one of the best. And a HUGE upgrade over the in-over-his-head Walton.
Well, I certainly hope I can look at our top 10 defense after this season and say "Huh... you guys were right. I was wrong."