Greg Gaines

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
With Brokers it is more than coach speak. He has been a huge leader of this Rams Organization & I think his price won’t be to out of the ball park to keep him a Ram.
Now, that is not saying a team offers him a big time contract ?? Yet to be seen.
If they pursue him How much should Rams pay Brockers for a new contract?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If they pursue him How much should Rams pay Brockers for a new contract?

That is not a question for myself. Have no clue. From what I can tell is just support around the team & teamates.

Whitworth & Brocker went to a UFC fight
together. Then I go with players & coaching staff on how they bring up certain players.

Littleton is more than likely gone, but then again his market value will mean a lot as well. Just think MLB is a type of postion The Rams will look to fill early in the draft.

Donte Fowler is gone, just because he wants out.

With Brockers it has to be a contract that makes sense. Maybe money up front & a Rams option late ??

I think The Rams will also try to fill OLB with players on the roster & the draft as well.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Tell me who you would have drafted other wise ? Peters was a big time need as well as Warkins. The Rams did compt. For Watkins
Peters a back up LBer- Peters did help The Rams get to the Super Bowl after he settled back in after getting burned a few times.

Peters didn’t help the Rams as much as he hurt them

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Peters didn’t help the Rams as much as he hurt them

Okay, In the playoffs he did real bad.He did get burned bad at times when he played man & Talib went down.

Bottom line is he just signed a nice contract with Baltimore & they had the best record in the NFL.

The Rams trade for Jalen really helped solidify the defense & the young guys have stepped up Williams,Long,&Hill.

Peters was patch job until The Rams found away build there DB’s up. -Pleasant is a solid coach & even better after that experience.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

- lol - Franklin who ??
Good points,I’ll start drinking the
KOOL-aide again. Just look at Joyner ??

Littleton comes to mind if your talking McCloud. Both UDFA & will get The Rams a high Comp pick.

Just went back to watch a couple games from the D” position. What about REEDER?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Gaines wasn't activated in many games early in the year. He played every game from game 9 on except game 10.The Rams will have to replace Brockers so they probably won't draft a NT early in this year's draft. I see him getting more playing time this year helping keep the defensive line fresh. It's not out of the question that he gets equal or more PT that SJD. Gaines just seems like he will make a difference at some point. It could be this year.

Morgan Fox as much as I just DiSED him came in with Brockers. Wish you would have had both those guys numbers.

—thanks so I’m hoping Brockers may be resigned ? He had 69% & Fox 31% making it almost a perfect 100%.

I just watched part of 9ers game & Gaines was upfront because of there run game.
In the 4thQRt it was perfect. Gaines lined up 2 downs. He is slow,but upside is there??
Morgan Fox lined up RT side center & blew past him with a great under arm swing move for a Sack. Showed his hard work over the years.
Who knows , but was cool to see. Was like a change up to a hitter. Power & then speed. Got caught looking Because of the change of speeds.

Last edited:

TexasRam

Legend
Brockers ain’t coming back. We have higher priorities.

Gaines didn’t get enough snaps to project
How good of an NFL player he will be, but when I reviewed his limited snaps I was impressed.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Brockers ain’t coming back. We have higher priorities.

Gaines didn’t get enough snaps to project
How good of an NFL player he will be, but when I reviewed his limited snaps I was impressed.
I am fully in line with your thoughts here on Mr. Micheal Brockers "One outstanding & true professional NFL player of the highest order"!

Obviously, I am a big Brockers fan I love his style, passion for the Rams & the game. He was one of the better Snead first round draft selections ....outside Aaron Donald of course! I would desire to have his return & pay out his entire career as a Ram.

However, It's my belief his game day overall performance can greatly benefit by moving to a standard 43 Defense. A NFL team who has a very young inexperienced interior DL would receive big dividends in investing in this 29 yr old DT. MB can play both interior DL posts & play when the needed any of the specialized responsibilities that any DC would dream up. His experience offers much more elsewhere than in LA with the Rams & thus his payday rewards will be much bigger & well-earned for him & his family!

I would imagine that Snead scouts have been burning up overtime hrs on 2020 prospective 5 tech DL'ers who will fit the desires of new DC Brandon Staley on day 2 & 3 of the draft. In addition, Snead has options outside the draft. Under contract last year rookie 5 tech Marquise Copeland & possible the larger edge Rusher who was on injured reserve in 2019 Justin Lawler. Lawler is very solid against the run but offers little pass rush wise. Snead also might offer long time Ram veteran 5th yr Morgan Fox the low cost RFA tender for one more season.

Other options is the other non starting DL'ers who have seen NFL action like Tanzel Smart/ SJD & Gaines can play the 5 tech post if needed.

Last edited: