Greg Gaines to bucs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Rams fans are seeing the 2021 version of Gaines when they think of his contract.. not his 2022. He didn't have a good year and was beat up.

He's a good deal for the Bucs, probably.. but the marketplace is telling you something with that deal.

badcop

UDFA
Yes. Rams announced surgery a day or two after season ended. Torn labrum and a torn bicep tendon in one of his shoulders. That had to be hell to play with the entire season! News blurb said that happened in preseason! I've had a bad shoulder and that had to be a real PITA!

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Interesting that a LOT of these FA's are only signing 1 year deals. Next years free agency is looking better and better for us. You don't suppose they are all taking 1 year deals because they see the $$ we will have and want to join a SuperBowl contender? :shitlogo:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Interesting that a LOT of these FA's are only signing 1 year deals. Next years free agency is looking better and better for us. You don't suppose they are all taking 1 year deals because they see the $$ we will have and want to join a SuperBowl contender? :shitlogo:
They're taking 1 year deals probably because that's what they're being offered. Teams are looking at the players and the defense's performance this season and saying, "maybe we ought to just give him a 1 year tryout". Gaines, Long, Hill? You want to tie them to the team for 3 or 4 years? Nick Scott? Sure he's worth a 3 year deal because he pops people and can make plays in coverage. I'm really curious to see what kind of deals Wagner and Floyd get. Surely, they won't settle for 1 year contracts unless they're huge.

TheTackle

Starter
What ever the logic I cannot understand how we wouldn’t want to resign him for that kind of money. His upside is obvious and floor low

dang

Legend
Every drafted NFL player worth a 2nd contract is going to try to maximize their 2nd contract. It’s where the $$ is. So the one year deals are just the maximum contracts being offered. I will say it would be nice to have an option to bring back Gaines if the Rams don’t find a better option.