Greg Gaines to bucs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I can't believe, that nobody is exited about all the comp picks we are going to get next year.
Not sure that Snead is going to get what he thought he was going to get after the 2022 losing season next year in 2024. I expected UFA's Scott & Mayfield would have got better contracts. Our best UFA's Gaines & Robinson we are still waiting on. I sure do not expect any comp awards for Long, Rapp, Hill & Edwards

I believe that Snead can do his best work if he has extra 3rd day selections to use for ammo to move up to get who they desire. I would also say that Snead has been badly off his game in the last four Drafts. D-

He will need to slam dunk this 2023 draft to put this team back to be competitive in the NFC West.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yeah, I was considering that myself. It's possible that McVay/Snead are aware that Stafford might not be ready to play for a bit with that spinal contusion injury and realize we aren't contenders this year without him. If they knew that, would people disagree with the moves they are making? Setting up '24 as a season we can contend seems logical in that case. Best thing we can do this year, outside of hitting on the entire draft, is drafting a really high potential QB that hits. If that happens, we won't have to concern ourselves with tanking for Caleb being an issue. Drafting a guy like Harrison Jr is also extremely appealing, particularly if we already have a young guy ready to take the reigns at QB.

Even if we take a QB high in this years draft, Caleb Williams would be my #1 pick in 2024 if we should qualify for him. I'd think the Rams would still take a cheap 1 year veteran QB (Hoyer) for the #2 role in 2023 while the new kid gets up to speed. We'd have a top young back-up QB for at least 2 years, and if he shows well, then a top trade candidate for 2026. jmo.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I don't know. I doubt the Rams are interested in a vet that could help win games if they are just taking this as a reload year with higher draft picks next year. I'd think, whomever they draft, will be getting his feet wet this season for several reasons, but one is to see what we might have.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Not sure that Snead is going to get what he thought he was going to get after the 2022 losing season next year in 2024. I expected UFA's Scott & Mayfield would have got better contracts. Our best UFA's Gaines & Robinson we are still waiting on. I sure do not expect any comp awards for Long, Rapp, Hill & Edwards

I believe that Snead can do his best work if he has extra 3rd day selections to use for ammo to move up to get who they desire. I would also say that Snead has been badly off his game in the last four Drafts. D-

He will need to slam dunk this 2023 draft to put this team back to be competitive in the NFC West.
The next couple of drafts are crucial.

No room for us to get cute with picks, either.
We need our next 2 drafts to be blue collar, solid football players.
No gadgets.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
we are not getting the #1 pick in 24. "don't tank cause we don't stank". McVay would rather die than lose 16 games. go rams!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The next couple of drafts are crucial.

No room for us to get cute with picks, either.
We need our next 2 drafts to be blue collar, solid football players.
No gadgets.
I sure agree with you here.

This is the time when Snead takes the big step to become one of the top GM's in the NFL today. It's his time to sink or swim having to use just his very young inexperienced draft selections!

Snead/McVay last 3 to 4 drafts have demonstrated to be full of leaks & many are fully flat....to the point the Rams team can not ride with the rest of the NFL any longer & just sitting on the side of the road with several jacks under the frame.

Last edited:

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
we are not getting the #1 pick in 24. "don't tank cause we don't stank". McVay would rather die than lose 16 games. go rams!
Don't need to lose 16. Bears lost only 14 to get it, which was only 2 more then we did last year. I don't want them to lose 14, but, at the moment, I can't see them winning many more then 4-6 games. Throw in the fact that we have no clue if Stafford is ready to play or will be ready to play at start of the season. All the more reason I could see Gibbs at 36. Just run the ball every down with no QB.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Don't need to lose 16. Bears lost only 14 to get it, which was only 2 more then we did last year. I don't want them to lose 14, but, at the moment, I can't see them winning many more then 4-6 games. Throw in the fact that we have no clue if Stafford is ready to play or will be ready to play at start of the season. All the more reason I could see Gibbs at 36. Just run the ball every down with no QB.
...just wake me up in October, when I'll have a more accurate opinion. OK?
How much more of this implosion can I take??? :woozy2:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
No way they move that pick now because if they don't kill it in the draft and with some bargain bin FAs it could be very high. I think this is their plan:

:helmet: First try to fill what holes they can with bargain FAs in the late part of the window. This makes it a little bit tougher for teams to forecast what players they want for draft positioning.

:helmet: Second absolutely kill this draft. Lot of talk about the lack of quality in round 1 but when I load up the PFF draft simulator there are still players I like well into it so depth-wise a lot of picks will offer us good options. They need to hit on at least 4 or so of them and when I say hit that means starters to help us this season. The role player types who fall off after a couple years are not gonna cut it.

:helmet: Third flood certain positions with UDFAs. I expect the Rams will be very aggressive with them, offering their agents legit starting position competition which a lot of other teams cannot do.

:helmet: If they fix the OL this means Stafford should show well, and maybe they'll get good seasons from Akers and Robinson. All of these are potentially season trade deadline types depending on how the team is doing in the standings.

:helmet: Defense will be much younger and play hard but the offense will need to carry the team. If that doesn't happen, as in if the losses start to pile up, the Rams will be midseason deadline sellers.

:helmet: If on the other hand they hit on enough picks and get some big rebounds from their vets and other roster guys stepping up and find themselves competing for a wildcard (we all agree that SB contention is off the table) then I think the team makes all their final clearance moves of the previous vets during the offseason.

:helmet: Good chance next year we have a different QB running this offense, different backfield, the whole nine. Our first round pick should then be either a LT (if none of our options distinguish themselves) or an Edge (get it while you're in round 1). Of course McVay probably hijacks it for a wideout. :laugh3:

So I don't think they're planning for a poor season, rather planning for both contingencies and the poor season is more likely due to how difficult it is to draft that well.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Jurassic Park GIF by Vidiots

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I just commented about this Gaines contract in the general FA too. Color me confused.

Tano

Legend
Man I am wondering if Rams players are not resigning due to the fact that they know the Rams are tanking this year.