Green Bay week will be a barometer. I'm over all the bye week subjects

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
What was "the way" we lost those 2 games? Turnovers. One that gave the Titans the ball on our 2. Another that gave the Titans 7 points. One that was thrown up for grabs early in a 0-0 game and one that gave the niners 7 points. That is THE WAY we lost those two games. We can complain about not handling inside pressure on the O line or not being able to stop the run against SF. But the reasons those two things were possible was because we were down 14-0 and 14-3 because of TURNOVERS!!!

How did Tampa look losing to the Saints and Washington the last 3 weeks? Did they lose better than we did?
How did Dallas look losing to Denver, Kansas City and Las Vegas the last 4 weeks? I'll bet Cowboy fans were eating desert last night saying "at least we didn't lose like the Rams did their last two games!!!"
How did 2-2 Green Bay look or 2-2 Arizona look the last 4 weeks? They were probably giddy, eh?

It doesn't matter. We know when we don't turn the ball over we can beat the World Champs. Or we can beat anybody in the league when we play OUR GAME.

There's at least 50% of the teams in the league that can also say this. The fact of the matter is the Rams got taken OUT of their game and were forced to play out of their element. Good teams will try to impose their will against their opponent and make them play THEIR game. The last 2 games and the AZ game... we got kicked in the teeth in the 1st Q and didn't ever get back on track.
I'm sure the Rams had a hell of a gameplan and COULD HAVE won by 3 touchdowns... but they didn't. McVay and co. need to figure out why and make the proper corrections and adjustments.

dang

Legend
I hate to be so cliche but this game is “less about winning or losing and more about how they play the game”. They have to show they can play with the big boys in a tough game.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Packers KNOW the Rams intend to run the ball. How they deploy their defense will determine whether or not the Rams will sustain it. If they load the box post snap and Hendo gets stuffed on first and second downs, did McVay really help the team?
Good point but the Packers don't really have any fear of the Rams run game. Fear is what drives a gameplan. Stopping what an offense threatens you most with. The Rams can hang points on you quick if you fuck around with the run and prioritize stopping it.

So if the Packers spend all week chasing the mythical unicorn that is the Rams run game they would only screw themselves and get torched through the air. I seriously doubt they do that, outside of using statistics i.e. "the Rams run on high percentage on this down/distance/situation" type stuff.

This is why the Rams need to go in to this game with a gameplan that prioritizes balance. That will be a wrecking ball for a gameplan that will almost surely be focused on route combos on the back end and getting quick heat on 9.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There's at least 50% of the teams in the league that can also say this. The fact of the matter is the Rams got taken OUT of their game and were forced to play out of their element. Good teams will try to impose their will against their opponent and make them play THEIR game. The last 2 games and the AZ game... we got kicked in the teeth in the 1st Q and didn't ever get back on track.
I'm sure the Rams had a hell of a gameplan and COULD HAVE won by 3 touchdowns... but they didn't. McVay and co. need to figure out why and make the proper corrections and adjustments.
Yep. The Rams want to put you down on points early then make you drive the field and burn clock chasing them. And part of the prob is McVay tries to do that even when it's clear the other team is not allowing it. Which is common with the offensive mind type guys who love the pass game, we saw the same shit in the playoffs in '99 vs Tampa but we had Vermiel keeping things conservative and a great defense that helped us survive what could have easily been a loss.

He's gonna see that approach by teams every week until he adjusts too. Teams are gonna cap the back end and dare him to run, while they drive up and down the field vs our porous defense and get a field position flip or two thanks to our shitty special teams.

So we need to see better defense, an ability to get off the field on third down. We need better coverage teams. And we need enough balance to take the run and win with it when it's what teams are daring us to do.

Ram65

Legend
The Rams need to show they can win against a future playoff team that isn't banged up like the Bucs were.

They are out of excuses. Time to show if they are a contender or not. This is the game of the week not in prime time. Lot's of eyes on the Rams this week again.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Ramsey also called fans critiquing Morris out and basically, in a nice way, said we're uneducated and over simplifying things. So I guess it must go both ways for the defense. And I REALLY doubt Morris' first time saying they played soft against the Niners was to the media lol.
Yeah, Ramsey is a team first player, even when we're losing and he's sent to cover a water boy.

Still don't think it's the mark of a good coach to call out your team like that, especially when its obvious the problem is the game plan.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
This game is the season. If Morris can't coach, as most of us believe, this game will highlight that.

The offense can't get in a rhythm if they're sitting on the bench watching teams dink and dunk against us all the way down the field.

To go from the #1 defense in the league to this clown show is maddening. At what point do the players revolt? I was watching the recent press conference with AD and a reporter told him that Morris called the defense soft. At this AD almost lost his composure. Almost. How many more clown game plans does it take until leaders like him are done with Morris I ask rhetorically.

You nailed that one. 100%