Graham to Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kevin

Pro Bowler

Comparing Nelson to Kupp is unfair. Short video of Nelson's 2017 highlights attached. I especially like the highlight where he almost outruns two Detroit DBs and a linebacker.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Comparing Nelson to Kupp is unfair. Short video of Nelson's 2017 highlights attached. I especially like the highlight where he almost outruns two Detroit DBs and a linebacker.

I think that's 2016 highlights - Rodgers is throwing him every pass. Still, I'd see what he'd be looking for on a 2 year deal.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Jordy Nelson is still a quality receiver. I see a lot of Packer games where I live and he can still play. He is 32 years old and in the last year of his contract with $10.5 million against the cap, so this looks like a salary dump.

It seems like the last year of ANY of these contracts ends up being a salary dump. (Or in the case of Ogletree, the first year. :unsure: )

So you're saying you wouldn't want 2 Kupps?

I would.

Inb4 the "1 team, 2 Kupps" jokes...

austin-powers-gun-bra-robots-boobs.gif

"I've got your '2 Kupps', Mack, take that!"

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but what can’t go unnoticed is the fact that even if we signed him, it wouldn’t count against our comp next year for Watkins and TruJ. So that precious third round pick would still be ours!

I wouldn’t mind him and Suh on our squad, but wonder how that would upset AD seeing another DT get some doe. Plus, how many knuckleheads can mcVay and co keep at bay?

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Nelson is about cooked from an athletic stand point.

Could be a semi-productive guy for another year or two, but he's not dropping any great season stat lines these days.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Nelson is about cooked from an athletic stand point.

Could be a semi-productive guy for another year or two, but he's not dropping any great season stat lines these days.
Nelson out-performed Watkins last year with Brett Hundley at QB for most of the season. He has plenty of gas in the tank.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Nelson out-performed Watkins last year with Brett Hundley at QB for most of the season. He has plenty of gas in the tank.

He wasn't better than Watkins. No.

He really isn't much more than a possession type with limited athleticism. He gets by on his technique, which is a credit to him, but he isn't what he once was. He has 2 years left at the most in terms of decent production. He didn't do well with Hundley either. His best games were with Rodgers and their amazing timing and chemistry. He was a non factor with Hundley.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
He wasn't better than Watkins. No.

He really isn't much more than a possession type with limited athleticism. He gets by on his technique, which is a credit to him, but he isn't what he once was. He has 2 years left at the most in terms of decent production. He didn't do well with Hundley either. His best games were with Rodgers and their amazing timing and chemistry. He was a non factor with Hundley.
I am feeling less and less love for Watkins now that he is gone. I don't miss him at all; his best attribute was downfield blocking. Nelson runs his routes and gets open, he makes the defense work much harder than Watkins did. In this offense, Nelson will make more catches than Sammy, score more TDs than Sammy, and make the other defense account for him through the whole play. I would love to bring him in for two years.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I am feeling less and less love for Watkins now that he is gone. I don't miss him at all; his best attribute was downfield blocking. Nelson runs his routes and gets open, he makes the defense work much harder than Watkins did. In this offense, Nelson will make more catches than Sammy, score more TDs than Sammy, and make the other defense account for him through the whole play. I would love to bring him in for two years.

Nelson doesn't get the separation he used to get. McVay may be able to help him with that, but him and the rest of the Packer receivers relied a lot on Aaron's play-making ability.

lockdnram21

Legend
here doesn't solve our problems tho... Jordys not a vertical threat

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Well, we know one thing Reynolds can do is downfield blocking:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtudDo42fkw