Grade our draft so far.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
Or people don't consider Robinson that good of a prospect. He was the one player I didn't want at 2. Gonna go O-line? Fine, get the Tackle without Pass Pro Question marks - Matthews.

I'll Pass on Projects at #2
Whatever, I'm done trying to convince you, there's a Matthews every year, we haven't seen a guy like Robinson since the '90s. Take the "safe" guy if you want to, you'll regret passing on a Chris Long for a Robert Quinn in 5 years when both guys have reached their ceilings.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
B. Simply because they took the best picks available, but weren't able to trade back and land a home run.

iced

Whatever, I'm done trying to convince you, there's a Matthews every year, we haven't seen a guy like Robinson since the '90s. Take the "safe" guy if you want to, you'll regret passing on a Chris Long for a Robert Quinn in 5 years when both guys have reached their ceilings.

Whatever - we drafted an athletic road groader who had question marks in pass pro in 2009, whom was also heralded for his "upside" - that worked out great.

And it's not Passing on a Chris Long for a Robert Quinn - horrible, horrible comparison. Quinn fell for his medical reasons and missing a season; Long went 2.

ausmurp

Starter
So Joyner is the next target, right? What are we going to do? What if Joyner and Lee are both there at our pick?

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Whatever - we drafted an athletic road groader who had question marks in pass pro in 2009, whom was also heralded for his "upside".

And it's not Passing on a Chris Long for a Robert Quinn - horrible, horrible comparison. Quinn fell for his medical reasons and missing a season; Long went 2.
Jason Smith is not Robinson. They are two different players. People have been talking about how Robinson is the best LT prospect to come out in a long time. Coach Boudreau, months before we drafted him, compared him to Orlando Pace. Look at what Boudreau had to work with and what he was able to do with them. Just think about what he could turn Robinson into. Yes, he might start out at guard or RT, but in 5 years, when he's an All-Pro LT and an anchor for a dominant offense what will you think then? Will you still be comparing him to Jason Smith?

iced

Jason Smith is not Robinson. They are two different players. People have been talking about how Robinson is the best LT prospect to come out in a long time. Coach Boudreau, months before we drafted him, compared him to Orlando Pace. Look at what Boudreau had to work with and what he was able to do with them. Just think about what he could turn Robinson into. Yes, he might start out at guard or RT, but in 5 years, when he's an All-Pro LT and an anchor for a dominant offense what will you think then? Will you still be comparing him to Jason Smith?

I'd love for him to prove me wrong. Doesn't mean I have to like the pick.

I for one hope he does so that we just didn't waste another #2 overall pick - but I didn't like him at 2, and I felt Matthews was a much better prospect.

jjab360

Legend
Whatever - we drafted an athletic road groader who had question marks in pass pro in 2009, whom was also heralded for his "upside" - that worked out great.

Obviously we didn't pass on Long for Quinn, did we, it's an analogy. :confused:

As for that comparison, it's ridiculous and just lazy, tbh. I don't give a damn what he was "heralded" as, there's a half dozen guys in this draft ALONE that are more athletic than that guy. Find me another 330 lb. OT within the past 10 years that ran a 4.8, I dare you.

iced

Obviously we didn't pass on Long for Quinn, did we, it's an analogy. :confused:

As for that comparison, it's ridiculous and just lazy, tbh. I don't give a damn what he was "heralded" as, there's a half dozen guys in this draft ALONE that are more athletic than that guy. Find me another 330 lb. OT within the past 10 years that ran a 4.8, I dare you.

why would I care about at Tackle running sub 5.0?

This is the crap I'm talking about - people get more worked up about measureables. I'm talking about his play on the field. Yes he's a mauler - but he's also just as worrisome in pass pro. And that's not a good combo for a QB coming off an ACL tear. Not to mention I think Jake is a better prospect.

Hate the pick.

jjab360

Legend
why would I care about at Tackle running sub 5.0?

This is the crap I'm talking about - people get more worked up about measureables. I'm talking about his play on the field. Yes he's a mauler - but he's also just as worrisome in pass pro. And that's not a good combo for a QB coming off an ACL tear. Not to mention I think Jake is a better prospect.

Hate the pick.
It's not the number that matters, it's the elite athleticism and lower body power that it implies. Robinson has it, Matthews doesn't. Everybody in that Rams FO sees it, that's why he's the pick. I see it, that's why I called him to be the pick back in January even before the combine. Obviously, you don't understand it's importance, but there's always gonna be that naysayer who doesn't look at and/or understand the big picture.

Memphis Ram

Legend

FYI, Smith wasn't a road grader. He was seen as more of a good zone blocking OT. I remember posting an article years ago where he stated that he was below 300 lbs prior to the weight he added for the combine.

iced

FYI, Smith wasn't a road grader. He was seen as more of a good zone blocking OT. I remember posting an article years ago where he stated that he was below 300 lbs prior to the weight he added for the combine.
but he was highly regarded for his run blocking, was he not?

oldramfan

bigramfan1966
I honestly don't think we could have done better. We are in a division where games are won in the trenches. It's not easy to block the D-lines of the 9ers and seagnats. Plus there is the psyche of Bradford to consider. I am sure he loves the Robinson pick especially. Donald will provide us an interior pass rush we have been lacking since DeMarco Farr. He will get a lot of chances to prove himself because of our terrific DEs and Brockers. I give us an A+. Well done Snisher.

Slappy967

Starter
After sleeping on it and letting irrational visions of Jason Smith exit my draft addled brain I am going to give the Rams 1st round am A-. Robinson has too much talent and too good of a coaching staff to be anything less then good. As for Donald, seriously how did we land this guy at 13? The Magnificent Seven of Quinn, Brockers, Donald, Long, Ogletree, Animal and Dunbar is just a nasty bunch and our pass rush is now second to NONE.

iced

It's not the number that matters, it's the elite athleticism and lower body power that it implies. Robinson has it, Matthews doesn't. Everybody in that Rams FO sees it, that's why he's the pick. I see it, that's why I called him to be the pick back in January even before the combine. Obviously, you don't understand it's importance, but there's always gonna be that naysayer who doesn't look at and/or understand the big picture.

I love how I'm a Naysayer because I have a different opinion. Lol wow.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't care for grades this early. But I do believe Fisher is establishing his identity with these picks. We could argue the merits of Robinson, but Donald was the best player on the board at 13 hands down. Maybe not a position of need. But going with BPA philosophy you can't go wrong. Pick the best talent no matter the position and thing will work themselves out.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
That's one messed up bell curve.
Skewness_PosNegPict.jpg