Grade our draft so far.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
We got two trench beasts, for sure, you gotta like that. I'm just have Watkinsitis this morning. It's eating on me a little bit....

Last year was a super sexy draft, this year we went with linemen. It's just an excitement drop off for me.

If our receivers play up to their potential, Givens-Quick-Britt, we don't need Watkins.

Helluva a draft. I don't know what our trade offers were, but we got the best players we could have at their respective spots and that's all you can ask for. Watkins at 2 would have been nice but this is a Jeff Fisher team.

These we A+ Jeff Fisher players. That's my grade...

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
In the Big Ugly dept... we scored about as high as possible. I'd even give us some extra credit on this round.

Alan

Legend
Remembering that I grade by comparison to expectations, I gave the first round a B+/A-. With picks at #2 and #13 we should have come out of this round with two great players and we did so that's a C as our base grade.

We drafted a great guard with possibilities of becoming a very good/great T but probably only a RT. But that was at #2. I'm slightly disappointed that we didn't draft Matthews but hopefully Bou can take advantage of Robinson's potential. Robinson is such a good fit in a run oriented game that even with his lack of pass defense skills, he still raises his grade to a B+ for me. I totally agree with the B+ that CBS gave the pick.

Donald is what made this 1st round for me. To get a player of his ability at #13 smacks of our Quinn pick. A+ for this pick.

As expected, the lack of quality safeties in this draft, combined with the amount of teams needing help at this position, lead to a run at the position with the top 4 going in the 1st round. Our lack of options (I know there are a couple of fall backs like Joyner) in the second round is cause for me to lower the overall grade.

iced

74 + 92 = 166
/2 = 83

Still a B. Now go get your freakin' shinebox.

7eXIkom.png

Actually its 90-100 A, 89-80 is B, 79 - 70 is C, etc.

The Bus

UDFA
Name
Chad
There's a poll at the side of the page but I'd be interested in a bit more detail behind people's reasoning.

I'd give it a C+, we came into day 1 with 3 big needs, CB, FS, WR we go into day 2 with 3 big needs, CB, FS, WR. We did add 2 really nice players but I'm not sure how many games they help us win.

If we can land one of my top 2 WRs and one of my top FSs tonight then I'll be bump up the overall grade to a B+.

Are you a Rams fan? 3 BIG needs consist of WR? CB? and FS?… like our OL was keeping up Sam bradford?… And adding a BEAST DT to the Line doesn't help out our CB and FS a bit more?

That was a Perfect Day 1 draft day. Well pick up a Secondary today. If Jordan mathews is gone that is…

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Wow, I'm shocked that anyone doesn't consider this an A draft for the first round. We got two guys who will allow us to dominate the line of scrimmage. How do you think Seattle and San Francisco got so good? Because of all of their WR? Now our front 7 matches up with anyones. Now with our O-line we will be able to run at will.

BTW, Bailey, Austin, Givens will all be better this year. Our WR will continue to progress and grow. With an O-line, they will finally have time to get open. Now the Rams can actually do a 7 step drop back and let Givens burn them over the top or even Austin.

RamzFanz

Damnit
The first pick was a reach and they passed on Watkins which was a miss.

The second pick, Donald, was a homerun. However, it was also a no-brainer that just fell into their laps.

I give them a solid C.

No trades, no extra value, just decent picks when they were on the clock.

Memphis Ram

Legend
No grade, but this was a great start to the draft, IMO.

But, posters who are perceived BPA types and posters who are perceived need based types won't see this draft the same way.

jjab360

Legend
It seems to me like the only reason anyone would give the first round less than an A is because they were deadset on Sammy Watkins and nothing else. I never saw the infatuation to begin with, so looking at things with clear vision this first round was a slam dunk, no question.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I gave them an A/A- . Although Donald gives us some tremendous inside pass rush, I felt that Safety was a bigger need....and now the top 4 S's are of the board. I also feel that Carrington was going to add to that inside rush and that a NT ..at least someone to back up Brockers was more of a need. Pass rush was not our problem. Stopping the run and coverage deep was.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
We got two trench beasts, for sure, you gotta like that. I'm just have Watkinsitis this morning. It's eating on me a little bit....

Last year was a super sexy draft, this year we went with linemen. It's just an excitement drop off for me.

If our receivers play up to their potential, Givens-Quick-Britt, we don't need Watkins.

Helluva a draft. I don't know what our trade offers were, but we got the best players we could have at their respective spots and that's all you can ask for. Watkins at 2 would have been nice but this is a Jeff Fisher team.

These we A+ Jeff Fisher players. That's my grade...
Like I told my son .... I was glad to see that Watkins didn't go to anyone in our division.....neither did Evans, Cooks, etc. That made me smile.

iced

It seems to me like the only reason anyone would give the first round less than an A is because they were deadset on Sammy Watkins and nothing else. I never saw the infatuation to begin with, so looking at things with clear vision this first round was a slam dunk, no question.

Or people don't consider Robinson that good of a prospect. He was the one player I didn't want at 2. Gonna go O-line? Fine, get the Tackle without Pass Pro Question marks - Matthews.

I'll Pass on Projects at #2

jjab360

Legend
I gave them an A/A- . Although Donald gives us some tremendous inside pass rush, I felt that Safety was a bigger need....and now the top 4 S's are of the board. I also feel that Carrington was going to add to that inside rush and that a NT ..at least someone to back up Brockers was more of a need. Pass rush was not our problem. Stopping the run and coverage deep was.
Snisher obviously viewed interior pass rush as a problem with all the 3 techs they were looking at leading up to the draft. And I agree. Just because we have a good pass rush in general doesn't mean it can't be improved, Brockers and Langford get good push but they are far from penetrators. We needed that guy who could get around an OG with speed and quickness and chase the QB down and we found him and then some.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Wow, I'm shocked that anyone doesn't consider this an A draft for the first round. We got two guys who will allow us to dominate the line of scrimmage. How do you think Seattle and San Francisco got so good? Because of all of their WR? Now our front 7 matches up with anyones. Now with our O-line we will be able to run at will.

BTW, Bailey, Austin, Givens will all be better this year. Our WR will continue to progress and grow. With an O-line, they will finally have time to get open. Now the Rams can actually do a 7 step drop back and let Givens burn them over the top or even Austin.
With all the talk of "does Sam elevate people around him" it truly take some serious myopithy to ignore that nothing elevates whole units and individuals on those units like dominant line play.
We will see games for several years where our Rams are terrorizing opposing QB's and graphics of our all first round d-line will be raved about like the old days of ground Chuck extolled the draft choices of that o-line,Donald will make Long and Brockers better coached by Williams JEEZ we are gonna be intimidating.
I relish seeing Robinson matching up with Justin Smith ,he'll have some technique troubles but won't get physically savaged like our previous guards did..
Right now I can't see how anyone had a better draft so far than us.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
BonifayRam must be going crazy with glee since last night. The top-rated OL and DT draft choices going to our Horns!?! What the hell are Fish, Snead, and company gonna do for an encore tonight!?! :ROFLMAO:

yes I could not get to sleep last night at all! yes very happy with Snead & Fisher on this big first day. Jap I been half crazy all my life as a Ram fan. Doesn't take much for me to fulfill that word CRAZY!

They get a A plus!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
PS Did anyone hear who Ray Lewis compared AD to?...................................Sapp, high praise if he turns out like that we just vaulted to at least second and maybe first in our division in defensive front.
I know people are gonna boo this but if Carlos Hyde is there in the second round tonight I take him with both hands and hand Pead his walking papers and I still think Pead can make it in the NFL,I'd also do some wheeling and dealing to trade up for a lb and a corner or safety.