Goff vs Wentz. Will it be flexed?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Production is in the control of the coach and QB. It's sorta like saying Woods and Kupp are better than Watkins....

EDIT: On second thought, @-X- summed it up far better than I did. See below.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Production is in the control of the coach and QB. It's sorta like saying Woods and Kupp are better than Watkins....
Untitled.gif

jacktheripper85

Starter
I don't doubt what you saw on All-22....I just disagree that a QB like Wentz won't improve your offense...the running game...and even the passing game by scrambling, would get better. Of course, this is just my opinion too

Scrambling QBs improve your teams running game? Than please tell me what’s going on in Cleveland, Houston, Indianapolis, Tennessee, Green Bay, Carolina and Seattle. They all have scrambling QBs and their running attacks are non existent.

Tano

Legend
I don't doubt what you saw on All-22....I just disagree that a QB like Wentz won't improve your offense...the running game...and even the passing game by scrambling, would get better. Of course, this is just my opinion too
I wish you had access to All 22 because if you had you could see just how bad the play calls were.

I remember seeing quite frequently on 3rd down where every receiver would run short of the first down. It was just so ridiculous.

People would say why are we passing short of the first down. And that would be because no one ran past the first down marker.

I suppose Wentz could have tried scrambling for the first down but the opposing defense would already have 11 guys ready to tackle him before the first down marker.

And the times he would make the first down it would be called back because GROB would either hold someone or shove someone in the back.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
at this point in time with his player evaluation skills, im not even sure i want @LACHAMP46 supporting goff

Every player he likes or backs or that he thinks can play ends up sucking,out the league ..or worse.. playing in cleveland

i dont need to list em all we all know who they are ... so please as a concerned Rams fan champ please stay off the goff bandwagon

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not ignoring anything....this just isn't entirely true...if it was DeShawn Watson should be struggling...correct?

Finally...truth at last....

Circumstances are what they are....if my y chromosome was an x, I'd be a girl....

We shouldn't be arguing at all....because the point was...and is...at this point in the season one guy resembles an MVP candidate.... Seems pretty straight forward....

Now, everyone wants to talk about how terrible the coaching was....LAST YEAR....

Two years is a lot of time...2 years ago...a bunch of people were saying how LeCharles Bentley was gonna change Greg Robinsons career around....

The guys have been pros for 2 years...I actually think Goff's coaches are BETTER than Wentz's coaches...much better. But I'm ignoring circumstances???

Gurley has always looked like a beast running back...I have the opinion, you can teach a good rb how to catch passes...but it's harder to teach vision, running with power, and speed....point being....there isn't a back in football I'd want over Todd Gurley....that guy at Jax comes close tho. LOL

He did not look like a beast running back last year. He had one of the worst seasons for a RB in NFL history, even factoring in his blocking..

In 2015 - Gurley great, David Johnson pretty good - Gurley better

In 2016 - Johnson elite, Gurley awful - Johnson better

In 2017 - Gurley elite, Johnson hurt - Gurley better but I'm guessing quite a few Cardinals fans wouldn't trade DJ for TG straight up

See the correlation? I don't think anyone would have an issue with you saying Wentz is playing better right now.

But apparently last year you wouldn't have traded Gurley for DJ, based on the bolded - is it so hard to believe that people are defending Goff here? Both QBs have made great progress from last year...I think Goff will be better in the future even though I wanted Wentz - and the main reason I think this is durability - I think Wentz gets hurt more often than Jared throughout their careers, and I think both have comparable abilities throwing the ball. And I would take issue with anyone who is saying "we should have drafted Wentz" after only two years. Takes longer than that to make a claim like that.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@FrantikRam
I'll just say one thing....Gurley has HOF talent...I like him a lot more DJ....but Johnson is a fine player....nice all-around game...Not the speed I like in a game breaking back....or the power.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, the Raiders loss gives hope that their season hits the skids thus making the @ Seattle game a possibility. With Baltimore rolling Miami Thursday night, and keeping their ship from sinking any further keeps that date against Pittsburgh alive.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
stressed run GIF by Rhymesayers

RESURRECTION!!!!​

ITS ALIIVVVVEEEE!!! ITSSSS ALIVVVEEEE!​

Who would have thought in 2017 we’d have no Goff but Wentz on our team :laugh2:

Last edited:

younghutch

UDFA
Wentz has never played under an offensive mind like McVay, all due respect to Reich & Pedersen.

We may look back on this day fondly...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Wentz has never played under an offensive mind like McVay, all due respect to Reich & Pedersen.

We may look back on this day fondly...
That’s the problem with Wentz. He doesn’t listen to his coaches. If he did he’d likely be on a different team as a starter.

McVay is going to want to choke Wentz out by seasons end.

oldnotdead

Legend
Regardless of how Wentz plays if he plays. This season is the result of McVays lack off attention and being just flat complacent at PK and QB2. The week that they lost Stetson they should have signed Wentz. McVay should have drafted a PK. Why didn't he? Because he got complacent a very clear sign of burnout. He signed a PK who was cut because he was a choker. Those two instances of a lack of attention by McVay is the difference in this season. They would be 5-4 everything else being equal, with a realistic chance of finishing 10-7 and in the playoffs as the division champ or top wildcard.

Those losses point directly back at McVay and his career burnout. The very first thing to suffer is attention to detail, something Sean never lacked for. Say what you will about players this season is on Sean and his inability to focus.

My personal opinion is Sean is done. Kroenke should kick him upstairs and hire DeBoer. Better a season early than a season late.