Goff Needs to Focus more on Woods than Kupp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That answers my question. It's entirely Kupp's fault the Rams lost that game to Seattle. Alrighty then...moving on...

ok, be that way.

Ram65

Legend
Kupp is trying to run before the catch. It is as simple as that. It is part of his game to get YAC after the catch. That's on the easy drops. He just has to slow down his thinking and make the catch first. Kupp and 3rd down go together like soup and a sandwich during a snow.storm like in Phila today

Was saying to get Sammy the ball more. McVay got him a couple catches early against the Titans IIRC. At this point I say McVay knows what he is doing. Keeping em guessing and get the ball to who is open.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
...in the playoffs. Let me say that I love Kupp, and think he was a steal in the draft in the 3rd round. He does pretty good in big games, but also has had some critical drops and fumbles that hurt us in big games. Thinking of the first Hawk game and the Vikings in particular.

Woods is pretty much money when targeted and I have never gotten the sense that any moment is too big for him. Not saying to eliminate Kupp from the game plan, just look towards Robert first...

I will agree that the fumble should not have happened, that close to the end zone you have to protect the ball you know defenders are coming.

The "drop" versus SEA I can't lay on him. It wasn't that well placed, it could have been a lot closer to him, and it came in hot. That's a 50-50 ball. Part of the blame goes on Goff IMO.

It happens.

Just saying Woods should be in his progression of reads before Kupp...anyway, that's my opinion. We can't afford a rookie drop/fumble in this game.

Depends on what the D is giving, and how Watkins is being used. If Watkins is taking people deep, meaning one CB and a S then Woods will be available in the intermediate game A LOT. So you may get your wish.

This isn't the time to be forcing it

I agree on that. The playoffs are different, and there are good defenses all around. Smart play will win the day.

And ST's DOES make a difference you goober LOL.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
*shrugs...you guys are saying all the coach-speak things, but I want a win on Saturday and I have seen Kupp blow a couple of games this year because of rookie mental lapses (not catching a ball that he normally would catch vs Seattle, and not protecting ball in an all important almost TD vs the Vikings)
Kupp also caught the td pass that gave us the Division championship.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
ok, be that way.
Yeah, I'll stick with the way I be...

Gurley fumbles at the goal line.
Austin fumbles a punt return.
Goff throws two picks, one in scoring position.
Goff fumbles.
Zeurlein missed a FG.

But yeah, it was Kupp's "drop" of a very difficult pass, that cost the Rams the game...:deadhorse:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I'll stick with the way I be...

Gurley fumbles at the goal line.
Austin fumbles a punt return.
Goff throws two picks, one in scoring position.
Goff fumbles.
Zeurlein missed a FG.

But yeah, it was Kupp's "drop" of a very difficult pass, that cost the Rams the game...:deadhorse:

You had a gotcha moment, so that's the way you are. It was a big play moment that Kupp should have capitalized on. But hey, all of the other mistakes mattered, and it was a team loss. Did I check all the boxes for you?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And so...?
I knew you would ask this....So is there less pressure on the last play of the game, or early in the 4th quarter?

We both know the answer.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Stick with the process and the results will follow. I'm channeling McVay for y'all.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
You had a gotcha moment, so that's the way you are. It was a big play moment that Kupp should have capitalized on. But hey, all of the other mistakes mattered, and it was a team loss. Did I check all the boxes for you?
All the boxes I needed checked we're done before this post. Maybe you'll get lucky on Saturday and McVay will bench the rookies in the 4th quarter. Especially Butterfingers...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All the boxes I needed checked we're done before this post. Maybe you'll get lucky on Saturday and McVay will bench the rookies in the 4th quarter. Especially Butterfingers...
You will be the first.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
*shrugs...you guys are saying all the coach-speak things, but I want a win on Saturday and I have seen Kupp blow a couple of games this year because of rookie mental lapses (not catching a ball that he normally would catch vs Seattle, and not protecting ball in an all important almost TD vs the Vikings)
I hear you, but both the games you bring up where earlier in the Season, and Kupp picked-it-up-a-notch while Woods was out!

Trust in McVay, and watch our guy's execute - execute - execute!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
And ST's DOES make a difference you goober LOL.
Only if a kick is blocked...or a return for a td....without either of those...you'd hardly notice they were out there.....LOL

OR

if you got a kicker shanking makeable kicks....

poLARizing

UDFA
From the article Inside the Rise of Sean McVay that's posted in this forum:

McVay elaborates: "A lot of times when you've got good players, certainly there's a pressure of, you've gotta get this guy the ball X amount of times. It's Jared's job to execute the plays and the concepts based on what the defense presents. It's my job as a play caller, and it's our job as a coaching staff, to be smart with the selection of those plays to get guys involved."

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I knew you would ask this....So is there less pressure on the last play of the game, or early in the 4th quarter?

We both know the answer.
Who cares? My point is that Kupp made the biggest catch in arguably the biggest game of the year, with the Division championship and a playoff spot on the line, on the road against a tough opponent similarly motivated, to not only bring the Rams from behind late in the game but give them the winning score, and on a spectacularly executed catch. And your point is... that doesn't count because it wasn't the last play of the game. Right.