Get Henry and Run the ball.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Fair enough. But Williams is quite small, so to say I want someone a bit bigger than him leaves it open to some of those midround backs who are available in most drafts. We're obviously not gonna get a Bettis or Gurley in midrounds but I figured we all know that so no need to caveat everything.

Also guys who can bust a big gainer here and there aren't always 40 time all stars. Sometimes they just have good initial quickness and get dinged by their lack of long speed, and one of those is fine too if he checks enough of the other boxes. But they need to do better with their RB selections. Need to go back and look at what they're prioritizing and make adjustments and I'll bet they've done that or are doing that.

Beauty of RBs are that in any given round they probably have equal or better quality than most of the clumps of players on the board because of that devaluation. So it's a good position to draft and should be drafted every year. Some backs have special traits like an ability to get skinny through traffic that most cannot, or slippery in avoiding tackles, or that squirrely nature to get extra yards, shit like that, so there's no one ruleset we can use here but the key is identifying guys McVay will actually put on the field and use.

I agree with you. Despite my snarky tone, I would have no problem with the Rams spending their first 1st rounder in the McVay era on a legit stud at RB. And I like Williams.

Rams = badass running backs and young QBs need badass RBs... and I expect us to be building around one of those in the next few years, so I really wouldn't be upset.