Get Henry and Run the ball.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Henry might be pretty cheap. He's an old RB and also the Titans are probably looking at retooling the backfield and going young at QB. Sometimes an accomplished vet can cause problems expecting touches and shit.

Rams are a good destination to move him to because they're in the other conference plus McVay doesn't look like a great fit with this back from the outside. But if they do it there's still a chance it backfires, because for whatever reason teams struggle more with power threats from the backfield with McVay's attack. If he comes to LA with the right mentality it could be quite a windfall I think for us.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Let's not. He's an older back, and he has tons of miles on him. I'd rather just go with what we have.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
guranteed
I really need to stop posting on the phone. Can't see shit. Infuriating given how I like to sit back and laugh all smug and shit at poor grammar and spelling.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Henry might be pretty cheap.
Depends on what way?
He's got between 5-6 mill left on his contract for '23.
I'm sure Tennessee would eat that in a trade, but then the compensation would have to be significant.
If the team takes the salary off their hands, then the trade could be less
I figure he'll end up in Baltimore, for a 3rd-5th rounder

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Depends on what way?
He's got between 5-6 mill left on his contract for '23.
I'm sure Tennessee would eat that in a trade, but then the compensation would have to be significant.
If the team takes the salary off their hands, then the trade could be less
I figure he'll end up in Baltimore, for a 3rd-5th rounder
I'm talking in trade. I don't think Tennessee has him in their future plans and if they want to move him I don't think anyone's going to pony up significant compensation. So hold him or move him at the going rate which I think might be cheap for a player of his caliber.

Thinking maybe a 4th round pick for compensation. Maybe less. We'll see if I'm crazy I guess. And btw that I think is cheap for a player like him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm talking in trade. I don't think Tennessee has him in their future plans and if they want to move him I don't think anyone's going to pony up significant compensation. So hold him or move him at the going rate which I think might be cheap for a player of his caliber.

Thinking maybe a 4th round pick for compensation. Maybe less. We'll see if I'm crazy I guess. And btw that I think is cheap for a player like him.
Problem is he wont be cheap $$ wise at that point. Definitely needs the right fit. He'll hit the cap between 5-6 mill

brucebruce

Rookie
Ballimore or Dallas makes most sense.

Rams? not really. well he's the size of an o-lineman so there's more stafford protection.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
We have our own desires, but McVay and Snead didn’t offer the moon and stars for McCaffrey because they were content with the run game.

I think Henry is possible on a 2-3 year deal not because I want it, but because McVay and Snead seem to not be content with our run game.

I also have a sneaking feeling that LaFleur has gotten frustrated at times with not sticking with the run at key moments or becoming too predictable.

On that 10 play drive at the beginning of the 2nd half, they not only ran it 9 times, but they ran 4 straight from the same set and same motions with 4 different plays. The defense was so confused.

We have solid backs, but we know what this offense looks like with a dominant back which is why unless Tennessee is holding out for a monster deal that won’t happen, there’s a chance it gets done.

Even as I agree with Fournette (and hope like heck we don’t sell the farm for Saquon), I think they’ll do something, especially with having shipped out Akers and Kyren Williams being injured.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
The past 2 seasons?

Around 15 tds, 2500 total scrimmage yards with around 150 receptions.

He doesn’t need to carry the full load, but at 6’ - 228 lbs, he could help wear down defenses in the run game and pass game.

All I’m saying is, bring him in for a workout and see what he can do. He’s only 28 and hasn’t been worked as hard as a player like Henry.

Okay, but we have plenty of pass catchers. Don’t get me wrong, we need an all around back, but he averaged 3.5 yards a carry his last season.

We have a lot of those.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Okay, but we have plenty of pass catchers. Don’t get me wrong, we need an all around back, but he averaged 3.5 yards a carry his last season.

We have a lot of those.
I agree.
But he’s more physical than what we have now and it wouldn’t cost us anything.

I miss having a stud back like Gurley, but you have to spend $ for guys like that.

dang

Legend

The question is would he be smart for NEXT year or do the Rams have better RB options R3/R4 in the draft or a cheaper FA to team with Williams.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The question is would he be smart for NEXT year or do the Rams have better RB options R3/R4 in the draft or a cheaper FA to team with Williams.
Could be wrong here but I just don't think McVay jives with power backs. CJ started off so great with us then by the Super Bowl he and McVay were splitsville. So it's hard for me to imagine a future with a guy like Henry who wants to be featured but is old and not useful in the pass game. I hate saying it too.

If I'm Snead I'd have RB prioritized for any pick where a difference maker is there for that grade group. Obviously has to fit in with draft strategy but what I want is a young stud with some wheels to pair with Williams and allow him to grow as a change of pace which will extend his career with us. Could be any round, but no more project types who are all athlete or used to hitting huge seams in college, and no types who are flagged for questionable shit. Team-first type like Williams but a bit bigger with some power in his run style but also has the ability to bust a big gainer when the seam is there.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Could be any round, but no more project types who are all athlete or used to hitting huge seams in college, and no types who are flagged for questionable shit. Team-first type like Williams but a bit bigger with some power in his run style but also has the ability to bust a big gainer when the seam is there.

Okay so all you're asking for is:

Good size and plays with a powerful, physical style but also has the ability to bust a big run when given a seam. Not a project, a high character guy with team-first mentality...

Hell, we might as well add "no scary injury history"
oh and he should also have good enough hands to be an option out of the backfield
And he definitely needs to be able to pick up a blitzing linebacker...right?

"Could be any round"
I must say, a brand new Steven Jackson #39 sounds like a great plan, I would so gladly draft him with any pick, no hesitation..

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I don't mind if we trade for Henry for a rental if the picks aren't high and he qualifies for a comp pick for us the year after. I honestly don't know how that part about the comp pick works though.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
I don't mind if we trade for Henry for a rental if the picks aren't high and he qualifies for a comp pick for us the year after. I honestly don't know how that part about the comp pick works though.
Rams won't get any comp. picks next year (except if Morris becomes a HC) as Rams will be signing players and not losing good players to FA next year.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Rams won't get any comp. picks next year (except if Morris becomes a HC) as Rams will be signing players and not losing good players to FA next year.
A comp pick, if Henry garners one, wouldn't be until 2025. Does our FA signings next year impact that? Asking cuz its too early to research hahaha

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay so all you're asking for is:

Good size and plays with a powerful, physical style but also has the ability to bust a big run when given a seam. Not a project, a high character guy with team-first mentality...

Hell, we might as well add "no scary injury history"
oh and he should also have good enough hands to be an option out of the backfield
And he definitely needs to be able to pick up a blitzing linebacker...right?

"Could be any round"
I must say, a brand new Steven Jackson #39 sounds like a great plan, I would so gladly draft him with any pick, no hesitation..
Fair enough. But Williams is quite small, so to say I want someone a bit bigger than him leaves it open to some of those midround backs who are available in most drafts. We're obviously not gonna get a Bettis or Gurley in midrounds but I figured we all know that so no need to caveat everything.

Also guys who can bust a big gainer here and there aren't always 40 time all stars. Sometimes they just have good initial quickness and get dinged by their lack of long speed, and one of those is fine too if he checks enough of the other boxes. But they need to do better with their RB selections. Need to go back and look at what they're prioritizing and make adjustments and I'll bet they've done that or are doing that.

Beauty of RBs are that in any given round they probably have equal or better quality than most of the clumps of players on the board because of that devaluation. So it's a good position to draft and should be drafted every year. Some backs have special traits like an ability to get skinny through traffic that most cannot, or slippery in avoiding tackles, or that squirrely nature to get extra yards, shit like that, so there's no one ruleset we can use here but the key is identifying guys McVay will actually put on the field and use.