Gerald Everett to the SeaChickens

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whats with all the angst against Everett. Guy tried hard with the Rams. Never fully utilized. Why is he a traitor for signing with the seahawks? What did he owe the rams who obviously did not want to resign him. I just do not get it.
I think he draws fair ire due to his lackadaisical play at times, his pass pro was abominable and seemingly got worse not better, had key drops at crucial moments (aka "Jared Cook-itis") and had more than his fair share of opportunities to succeed.
As for the traitor stuff? Well, I dont really buy that either. I mean, the guy has to get work somewhere, and clearly he wasnt in any kind of demand since he signed a cheap 1 year deal, likely the only offer he got because of Waldron.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny, i felt the same way about Jared Cook. Last time we played them, he was eating our lunch early and it felt like he was getting us back... only for him to have a few late crucial drops as well as a lost fumble and I sat back and went, "there he is..."
If Brian Quick and Jared Cook morphed in to one player, their name would be Gerald Everett

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
I've been a RAMS fan since 1967 and in all that time, they've never had a TE selected for a Pro Bowl. Almost hard to comprehend. Though Mike Barber was snubbed in 1983.

Ernie Conwell St. Louis Rams (1996–2002) was a good TE.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Wont even factor in to the comp pick formula. Good riddance
? It could unless you suspect the Rams will have more than four FAs who will sign for greater than $6M elsewhere.

Keep in mind any FAs the Rams sign below that amount would offset Fox and all pro McQuaide

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
? It could unless you suspect the Rams will have more than four FAs who will sign for greater than $6M elsewhere.

Keep in mind any FAs the Rams sign below that amount would offset Fox and all pro McQuaide
Well, we're already looking at 3 comp picks at best. Brad Holmes 3rd, JJohnson could be a 4th, and Ebukam could be around a 5th. And we still have Reynolds, Blythe & Troy Hill to go. And yeah, we can lump him in with the chump change that could offset any signings, however his contract isnt even guaranteed. 7 TE have already signed contracts significantly more valuable than he

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Well, we're already looking at 3 comp picks at best. Brad Holmes 3rd, JJohnson could be a 4th, and Ebukam could be around a 5th. And we still have Reynolds, Blythe & Troy Hill to go. And yeah, we can lump him in with the chump change that could offset any signings, however his contract isnt even guaranteed. 7 TE have already signed contracts significantly more valuable than he
Holmes was this year. Depends on who those teams losing their TE have added in free agency as well. I think you're close to correct. Though I'd argue Ebukam and Everett are both sixths. We may even net a sixth from McQuaide as he was an all pro.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Holmes was this year. Depends on who those teams losing their TE have added in free agency as well. I think you're close to correct. Though I'd argue Ebukam and Everett are both sixths. We may even net a sixth from McQuaide as he was an all pro.

Holmes also has a comp pick next year. Just clarifying.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well that solves that crap O-Line for the Chikins.

One year prove it deal.

Rams clearly were not interested what would appear to be for good reasons.

What a lame deal. Found a home?

More like a Motel.

A Waldron Guy. Good fit.Prove it deal,but shows how bad he finished his Rams career.Thing that sucks is not comp pick.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Interesting that the Rams lost 2 guys in FA (and both in the division) who played in the game of their lives vs Chiefs in 2018, and who never did much after that.

I say good riddance. May Everett's disappearing act continue on the field for Seattle.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Interesting that the Rams lost 2 guys in FA (and both in the division) who played in the game of their lives vs Chiefs in 2018, and who never did much after that.

I say good riddance. May Everett's disappearing act continue on the field for Seattle.

I would not cut any of those 2’s careers out just yet. Both are just starting on there 2nd contracts.Both placed themselves in excellent positions to compete. There are not 2 teams that have study there careers more either. Add Dickerson & Waldron.
I LMAO at those who keep bring up Everett as a bad blocker.He was playing HB last year under Waldron.
Goff once he was out of the pocket was limited to his ability to continue a play & the Receivers had limited space & head towards the sideline because there was no heading back.
Russell Wilson has all the tools. RB will be interesting for The Hags,but they have one of the best WR’s in the NFL which The Rams haven’t had as far as a big strong deep threat type WR.That will open things up for him as well. The comfort will be there. The motivation will be there because he is playing for a New Contract.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
As a polite gesture to Mr. Everett before he leaves for the team in Seattle, I have one thing left to say:

jap

Legend
Too bad this opportunity did not work out for Gerald. He possesses tremendous natural gifts at catching the rock and moving with it after the catch. When running after the catch, he always looked to me like Todd Gurley running in slow motion. However, he killed his chances here with his mind-blowing inconsistencies (e.g., crucial drops, missing key blocks) when we needed him to step up and SHINE.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Ha... it's also the first time in his career that he has played with a QB of his stature.