Geno Smith sucker punched by teammate out 6-10 weeks with broken jaw/Won't press charges

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
When does an NFL Player get to be criminally responsible for an assault

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/08/will_ik_enemkpali_face_charges_for_punching_jets_g.html

Former Jets player IK Enemkpali could face criminal charges for punching quarterback Geno Smith, according to a Florham Park police captain.

But first, the victim — Smith — would have to come forward, said Capt. Robert Treiber.

"It's up to the victim, if the victim wants to file a complaint," Treiber said in an interview Tuesday afternoon. "The victim would have to reach out to us."

"As of now, we haven't heard anything," Treiber said.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
One report, on NFLN said Geno owed the guy money and when he asked for the money Geno 'Flipped the guy off'! That's asking to get punched in my book!! IF IT'S TRUE!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
One report, on NFLN said Geno owed the guy money and when he asked for the money Geno 'Flipped the guy off'! That's asking to get punched in my book!! IF IT'S TRUE!
What's wrong with these kids today? :unsure:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
What Jets fans are saying about this...
http://forums.theganggreen.com/thre...jaw-wow-ike-released-after-altercation.84597/

And we wonder why other fanbases laugh at us.
---------
Please let Enemkpali be Mo Lewis and Petty be our T*m Brady. You know, minus all the cheating and sleaziness.
--------
Honestly, this is a better result than Geno throwing 5 picks a game and the Jets starting 0-6
---------
I thought the circus left town with Rex?

The New York Jets "franchise"

clown-bike.jpg

---------
I hate this team, why did I pick them. I must have been insane.
--------
It's really more like contracting a virus.
--------
I heard that Geno actually threw the first punch, but that it was a few yards short!!
---------
May as well poke a grizzly bear with a stick.

"Look at em Luke, he's getting mad."
--------
This story is jaw-dropping
--------
Oh no! NOW who's going to throw all the interceptions???
--------
what kind of idiot puts their finger in this guy's face?

nLp1IAF.png

----------
For some reason this scene popped into my head for some reason just now.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1GadTfGFvU&spfreload=10

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I sorta feel sorry for the kid now, when they first reported it it just sounded like he was some UDFA who didn't understand his place in the NFL.

But now we're learning that Geno Smith is apparently a huge fucking asshole, it sucks that he's probably going to lose out of a career because some douche was trying to push him around.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I sorta feel sorry for the kid now, when they first reported it it just sounded like he was some UDFA who didn't understand his place in the NFL.

But now we're learning that Geno Smith is apparently a huge freaking icehole, it sucks that he's probably going to lose out of a career because some douche was trying to push him around.
Funny how the NFL-Sports Media machine twists things. Glad people are starting to see it for what it is, and how it works. Not that it's just NFL related media, as this behavior applies to all media sources.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some humor...

I saw a clip this morning (I thing it was Conan O'Brien)... "the Jets finally get a player who's not afraid to hit... and they release him!!" :ROFLMAO:

On the radio this afternoon... a report came out that, even if IK were picked up by another team, he'd likely be suspended.
Turs out that... THE NFL HAS A POLICY AGAINST VIOLENCE IN THE WORK PLACE!" o_O

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Normally, guys throw punches in full pads and with helmets on on the field...It's more of a testosterone specatcle, without a real intent on hurting the other via a fist fight (imo). To me, the lockerroom is a place for players to relax, change clothes..and argue if thats necessary. It's a gray area for me. Punching someone is something kids do, imo. Breaking another's jaw with a fist is assault.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/08/will_ik_enemkpali_face_charges_for_punching_jets_g.html

Former Jets player IK Enemkpali could face criminal charges for punching quarterback Geno Smith, according to a Florham Park police captain.

But first, the victim — Smith — would have to come forward, said Capt. Robert Treiber.

"It's up to the victim, if the victim wants to file a complaint," Treiber said in an interview Tuesday afternoon. "The victim would have to reach out to us."

"As of now, we haven't heard anything," Treiber said.
Maybe different state laws? I know in other states, it's not necessary for any individual to press charges, if the Cop has evidence that an assault occured. Sometimes, like in domestic violence, often the spouse doesn't want the other locked up, but the cop says he has to do it...

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Normally, guys throw punches in full pads and with helmets on on the field...It's more of a testosterone specatcle, without a real intent on hurting the other via a fist fight (imo). To me, the lockerroom is a place for players to relax, change clothes..and argue if thats necessary. It's a gray area for me. Punching someone is something kids do, imo. Breaking another's jaw with a fist is assault.
Can you say with 100% certainty that if you came up to somebody who owes you money, who you KNOW full well can pay you back several times over and they not only flipped you off, but started berating you and mocking you and sticking his finger in your face that you wouldn't throw a punch?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Enekmapali or whatever his name is, was just claimed by the Bills. Career ain't over yet.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Enekmapali or whatever his name is, was just claimed by the Bills. Career ain't over yet.
Like most things, there's more to the story (both sides) than we'll ever know.

I listen to WFAN in NY on Tunein Radio most nights... Smith is about as polarizing as... Mike Martz!

But, overall, I'd say he is more dispised than liked by the fans.

It'll be interesting to see if he gets suspended for breaking NFL policy.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://nypost.com/2015/08/12/rex-ryans-middle-finger-to-jets-ik-enemkpali-claimed-by-bills/

Rex Ryan’s middle finger to Jets: IK Enemkpali claimed by Bills

By Post Sports Desk

August 12, 2015 | 4:33pm
Modal Trigger
rexik.jpg

IK Enemkpali (right) was claimed off waivers by Rex Ryan (left) and the Bills, one day after he was released by the Jets for breaking QB Geno Smith's jaw.

Rex Ryan loves his former players — even the ones who have sucker-punched other former players.
IK Enemkpali, the former Jets linebacker who was released Tuesday following a jaw-breaking punch to the face of quarterback Geno Smith, was claimed Wednesday by Ryan’s Bills, according to NFL Network.
It’s an expert troll move by the former Jets coach, who was fired last December — on not-so-great terms — after six seasons.
The Jets and Bills first meet in Week 10 at MetLife Stadium. Smith, who needs 6 to 10 weeks to recover from the broken jaw, might be back in the Jets lineup by then.
Ryan has shown a willingness to forgive in his first offseason at the helm of the Bills.
Ex-Jets Matt Simms and Percy Harvin also have joined Ryan in Buffalo this offseason, and in February, the Bills inked Richie Incognito, the offensive tackle involved in the Dolphins’ bullying scandal in 2013.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Can you say with 100% certainty that if you came up to somebody who owes you money, who you KNOW full well can pay you back several times over and they not only flipped you off, but started berating you and mocking you and sticking his finger in your face that you wouldn't throw a punch?
I'd get him back via the media... with the headline: "Is Geno Smith a Deadbeat?"

How ironic.
I listen to WFAN in NY on Tunein Radio most nights... Smith is about as polarizing as... Mike Martz!
emoticon-saying-no-his-finger-file-eps-format-38348413.jpg

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I'd get him back via the media... with the headline: "Is Geno Smith a Deadbeat?"
Geno Smith is the starting QB, they probably wouldn't care what some UDFA had to say about him. Most would probably cast it off as sour grapes, I know I would.

Smith had this guy pretty much cornered and he knew it, that's probably why he acted like such an asshole about it. He was the starter and this guy was just some no name that hadn't even been drafted, what was he going to do to him?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I'm married. If I had kids and a wife..I would probably be thinking..weighing....$600 stolen ,or $550,000 a year and my dream? Yes, I can honestly say I wouldn't throw a punch. Even if it was just disrespect, would it be worth a situation going out of control and things happen that can't take back or change..I guess I'm old? lol