Gene Steratore on the fumble called back

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
It was awesome to see the saints fans lose it when that call brought the ball back. I would have loved to see their reaction if roughing the passer had been called.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Rams get screwed both times with non call on face mask to Donald last season and roughing on Goff today.

Both times all we hear about is how the saints got screwed. What's wrong with sports media?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What's wrong with sports media?

I'm telling yuh. It is always fashionable to shit on LA. Think about it. Have you heard a single word about attendance or crowd noise in ATL? Yet the stadium looks about half full. And now listen to the beagle fans. They are louder than the ATL fans were earlier in the game and yet crickets from the announcers.

Rainram

Starter
But their offense still wouldn't have scored more than 9 points.

Seriously their longest drive was what?...40 yards? Did they ever sniff our redzone?

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
Saints fans that believe that there was roughing the passer on Brees on the OT interception in last year's NFC Championship game lose all credibility.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
28DC9DE8-F805-43B2-984A-3F52308A8DD8.jpeg

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Anybody else notice that pos Seahawks jersey in the crowd to? Wtf is wrong with this guy? Wear a Seashit Jersey to a Rams vs Aints game?

There were quite a few people there repping their team.

I saw a guy decked out in Broncos gear.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We got the W. I don't much care if we benefit from the refs or not, as long as we get the W.

Ellard80

Legend
That blown call was so well deserved... after the over the top crying about the NFC championship.

Poetic justice.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
That blown call was so well deserved... after the over the top crying about the NFC championship.

Poetic justice.
After how we were serially fucked by the officials and Belicheat in SB36 I have no sympathy for all their whining about a single play.

dang

Legend
A team with fortitude at the top recovers from adversity. Bree’s is the only one with the Saints with that fortitude (talking to you Payton).

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
The point here is the down hill slide of competent officiating. Bad calls and imcompetent officianting has been progressing for years and they've done nothing to imrprove it.

Case in point. During the 4th qtr of the Rams game, the Rams were driving down the field and Goff was running no huddle to keep the Saints from subbing. When they reach the 4yd line after several plays, Goff and the Rams hurry to the line so fast the Head Judge blows the whistle and stops the game because they were gassed. He explains Goff has to wait until the officials are in place, which pure bull shit.

That's just one in a long line of missed calls, no calls and in the Rams game, made up calls. NFL needs to do something to improve officiating.

This is the only thing I can agree with Sean Peyton on.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I'm wondering how many thought the illegal block call that nullified our TD just before this play was BS?

But to what some are saying, the officiating has become so ticky tack it's hard to watch sometimes.

I watched the roughing the passer call against Denver in the last drive that ends up costing the Bronco's the game. One of the worst roughing calls I've ever seen that decided a game. It's become silly

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I believe the contract with the umpires ends after this year. I’m very curious to see how they proceed.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wish the NFL would apologize on behalf of the refs and award the Saints the 7 points the were robbed. They still wouldn’t have enough points to win but maybe it would shut them up.

Heck, give them another TD for pain and suffering.

They still lose.

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
If it should've been called a fumble, how would it still be 'roughing the passer'? Wouldn't it then be 'unnecessarry roughness'? I dont know. Ref's need to speak and be accountable for bad calls like this (possible fines? etc.).

Either way, NO should've had 7 points on that play and bottom line, they got beat by 18.