GDT: Titans at Patriots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I don't know.

But I wouldn't doubt it.

Fucking cheaters.

I find it ridiculous that the NFL and Colleges allow the home team to control the clock instead of a real official.
While it's true that the clock you see is ran by a local clock operator, the official clock is ran but the Side Judge on the field. Plus 2 other officials are running it also and they compare often. Local clock operator has no control over official time.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
While it's true that the clock you see is ran by a local clock operator, the official clock is ran but the Side Judge on the field. Plus 2 other officials are running it also and they compare often. Local clock operator has no control over official time.

I hope that is true with the NFL. They must have made this change fairly recently.

They still have a local clock operator in the college games though.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I hope that is true with the NFL. They must have made this change fairly recently.

They still have a local clock operator in the college games though.
I officiate HS, College and Semi-pro football. All levels are kept on the field (though HS is a different official and not very accurate)

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I say nope.

His last throw will be in the regular season next year.

Can't leave like that. I wouldn't.
Imagine if he went to Tampa. Great weapons, very good coaching, they could be dangerous.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I officiate HS, College and Semi-pro football. All levels are kept on the field (though HS is a different official and not very accurate)

Not in the AAC... UCF's conference.

I was talking to the play by play guy for UCF earlier this season about it. He was telling me how ridiculous it is that this practice is still going on. Maybe they have changed it in other conferences, but I just assumed it was all of them. He made a point to tell me how blatant some schools are at trying to work it.

I know that officials WATCH the clock... and are able to make corrections when they see mistakes in person and replay... but I know the clocks are still operated by a local of the stadium to this day in the AAC.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

OK... I finally found it for the NFL

Game clock operators are hired by the league... but they live in the local geographic area of each stadium. It is the side judge's responsibility to keep an eye on the operation during the game. Replay CANNOT be used to check the clock operation (if that's the only thing in question) UNLESS it's the last play of either half.

What could go wrong with that. LOL

That's why there are still problems with it. Remember the Pittsburgh - San Diego clock fiasco a season or 2 ago when they let like 20 seconds run off on purpose. The league apologized for it after the fact... their response was basically that the side judge just didn't catch the mistake of the clock operator.

So yeah... they may be hired by the league. But they are not NFL officials and they live where the stadium is located. BTW... in the NFL... the stadium clock IS the official time.