GDT: The Late Games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's the right call. Except when the QB is Jared Goff. In that case, under the rule it's a clear and irrefutable fumble which can't be reversed on replay.

It's a well established fine print exception in the rule.

There's another one in the head slap penalty rule. "If the QB is Jared Goff there is no penalty for a head slap."
The problem is like with most rules it's not called the same every time. There were at least 1 if not 2 other plays just like that today in other games that were called fumbles. I get what he's saying but it's like always the implementation of the rules.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Welp, we win on Monday and we're in the #2 spot.

This stretch is gonna be double tough because freaking Kyle Shanahan will have had two weeks to prepare for us AND is getting guys back healthy.

But yeah, one game at a time.

We really need to handle our business in Tampa.

If the Rams win tomorrow, does GB currently have the tie breaker against the Rams? I'm wondering what the tie break factor is here.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Colts/Packers was a good one.

Jonathan Taylor had few nice runs. Finished with 90yds, still shared carries with other RBs.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
The problem is like with most rules it's not called the same every time. There were at least 1 if not 2 other plays just like that today in other games that were called fumbles. I get what he's saying but it's like always the implementation of the rules.

Some of the rules, such as the infamous former catch rule, are so badly drafted that they defy consistent interpretation. Except, it applies when they call it and it doesn't apply when they don't.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Colts/Packers was a good one.

Jonathan Taylor had few nice runs. Finished with 90yds, still shared carries with other RBs.
The Pack could also have drafted Taylor instead of Jordan Love. Not too far fetched to think that GB might have won if Taylor had been playing for them instead of Indy.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some of the rules, such as the infamous former catch rule, are so badly drafted that they defy consistent interpretation. Except, it applies when they call it and it doesn't apply when they don't.
The worst is when these plays are called differently then sent to NY for review and also get different reviews :) The NFL is nothing if not inconsistent.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If the Rams win tomorrow, does GB currently have the tie breaker against the Rams? I'm wondering what the tie break factor is here.

Pretty sure it's division wins at that point.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I believe the first tie breaker in the seeding is strength of schedule. If so, as of right now GB has the tougher SOS and would be higher seeded than Rams if tied. If the Rams beat Tampa, our SOS will be higher as a result. Not sure if it would be enough to win the tie breaker over GB though.

With a win tomorrow the Rams will either move up from #6 to #2 or #3 and push Seattle back down to #5.

I think. Maybe. Lol.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I believe the first tie breaker in the seeding is strength of schedule. If so, as of right now GB has the tougher SOS and would be higher seeded than Rams if tied. If the Rams beat Tampa, our SOS will be higher as a result. Not sure if it would be enough to win the tie breaker over GB though.

With a win tomorrow the Rams will either move up from #6 to #2 or #3 and push Seattle back down to #5.

Not sure, but I saw one of the sports sites say the Rams would be in 2nd, but I dunno for sure.

I just know that we really need to win out or close to it.

That game against SF next week looks ugly to me. Kyle Shanahan with two weeks? Yuck.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Ok. If it's conference win/loss you're right, Rams would be #2

Here's what the rule appears to me to be after an admittedly quick read of the NFL tie breaker page at the link below:

Two Clubs
  1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  4. Strength of victory.
  5. Strength of schedule.
  6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best net points in conference games.
  9. Best net points in all games.
  10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  11. Coin toss.
However, if someone is in quarantine and bored and wants to study the NFL page on tie breakers, it's possible they might come up with a different answer.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Two Clubs
  1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  4. Strength of victory.
  5. Strength of schedule.
  6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best net points in conference games.
  9. Best net points in all games.
  10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  11. Coin toss.
Capture.JPG

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All that matters is following the kings advice and taking care of business.

Elvis-kiss.gif

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dolphins must have forgot to bring their smoke and mirrors to game today

I didn’t see any of this game, or highlights.

I was surprised to read they pulled Tua. They plan to reinsert him next week, but sorta felt like a quick trigger to me. His stat line didn’t look god awful.