GDT Super Bowl LIV: 49’ers / Chiefs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1580833404899.jpeg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This game...

Man, it would be crushing to lose like they did. In a span of 15 minutes, your heart is ripped out.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

Skip Bayless: 49ers Should Cut Jimmy Garoppolo, Sign Tom Brady

As one would expect after the biggest football day of the year, the takes have come hot and heavy on Monday morning in regards to the two teams featured in last night's Super Bowl. Max Kellerman has already come out and said Patrick Mahomes is the greatest player to ever live, and it's not even noon.

Now, it's Skip's turn. Bayless went on Undisputed to explain what the 49ers should do following a devastating loss that saw them blow a 10-point lead in the fourth quarter as supposed franchise QB Jimmy Garoppolo fell apart when it mattered most. Bayless said they should simply cut Garoppolo now and sign Tom Brady to a two-year deal.

View: https://twitter.com/undisputed/status/1224366715246505984?s=21

Bayless does admit that the Niners will almost definitely not do this. But, as he points out, San Francisco can cut Jimmy G this offseason for only a $4.2 million penalty on their cap space. So if John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan really do decide that Garoppolo isn't their guy, they can move on without ruining their cap sheet for the foreseeable future.

All things considered, San Francisco is an ideal destination for Brady if he left New England for numerous reasons. He grew up a Niners fan, Shanahan has his issues but is definitely a brilliant play-caller who can engineer an effective run game to ensure Brady wouldn't have to do much heavy lifting, and the defense is stacked with young talent ready to defend their title as best defense in the NFL.

It's all easier said than done, though. While Garoppolo didn't show up when his team needed him most and we can only assume Shanahan doesn't trust him completely after refusing to preserve clock at the end of the first half to try to take the lead, he did help lead this team to a No. 1 overall seed. If it weren't for Garoppolo's performance against the Saints in December, the Niners have to win on the road twice to make the Super Bowl. San Francisco may have won the Super Bowl with Brady under center for the fourth quarter instead of Garoppolo, but it's certainly no guarantee that the 2020 version of Brady could even get them there.

Moving on from Garoppolo would require an immense amount of faith that Brady is indeed an upgrade for next season and that the team doesn't regress in any other area. It's a leap that I have a hard time believing Lynch would take.

And when Tom is done in two years?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

49ers greeted by only five fans upon return from Super Bowl LIV loss

Footage of the San Francisco 49ers returning home from Miami after a disappointing loss to the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl LIV is making the rounds on social media. In the video, it is revealed that the Niners did have a contingent of fans greet them at the airport as a sign of support after the team blew a 10-point lead in the fourth quarter on Sunday to lose 31-20.

The problem is the crew of backers congratulating the 49ers on a fantastic season that ended on an unfortunately sour note numbered … five.

View: https://twitter.com/chargershype/status/1225085740846993409?s=21

Awkward. The fact — as noted in the above tweet — that San Fran’s esteemed Mercury News was on hand to document the sad welcome home party for the 49ers only makes matters even more embarrassing.

It should hardly come as a surprise that 49ers fans did not come out in droves to welcome home their favorite NFL team given the outcome of Super Bowl LIV. The fact that footage exists of the sorry scene is what makes it so unfortunate, especially in the age of Twitter.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The word "Bandwagon" was created during the 80's actually because of San Francisco 49er fans and any 49er I would run into back then up to the early 90's, I would ask them how long they've been a 49er fan and if they respond "My whole life." I would then inquire as to who was the Head Coach before Bill Walsh and not until I was actually in California did one of their faithful answer that question correctly.

BTW the correct answer was an Interim Head Coach Fred O'Connor, however, I would have accepted Pete McCulley, who only coached 9 games going 1-8, he took over in 1978 for Ken Meyer (former Ram OC) who went 5-9 in 1977, as the 49ers were going through coaches quick because of being under GM Joe Thomas back then. Monte Clark from the Dolphins (OL Coach) was hired as Head Coach in 1976 and did an amazing job and was 8-6, but when Joe Thomas was hired, they did not get along and thus Clark and San Francisco parted ways and Thomas first hired Meyer.

JFYI...I had to the opportunity to work with Monte Clark's son Bryan, when I was working in Connecticut and not only tried on his Dad's Super Bowl Ring he won with the Dolphins during their perfect season, but when I would talk about his Dad, his son would say..."You know more about my father's career then I do." I felt pretty good that day.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
And when Tom is done in two years?
Skip should just kill himself and be done with it over that comment..He's just the shock jock of football wannabe media guys..Says stupid shit just to get people foaming at the mouth...