GAME DAY GDT - Rams at Seahawks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
So are we talking about that deep ball that was underthrown by about 5 yards? We're shitting on Van for that? Seriously?
That’s a tough play to crucify him over, but yeah that’s his game. If the ball doesn’t drop into his hands he’s not making the catch. His basket is too small. Maybe it’s called a catch radius, whatever.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
No, he holds the ball to long. It is the big bitch about him. Van was open right away.
Again he was sacked 20 times but I hear you he missed some but Stafford was doing the same thing with starting caliber receivers timing is off when you are constantly under duress let alone he is holding the ball because maybe the group of receiver's is a bit weak and not Kupp. He has some more learning to do but like any qb give them an o-line and some wideouts and you will see a way better qb

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
It's official baker is not a starter in this league.
Yeah, that's where I'm at after watching these last 4 games. He makes some plays but not enough. He's just not accurate enough and takes too many sacks. If some team wants to pay him starter money he can go.
Also, don't think he reads defenses quick enough so unless he cleans that up he ain't a starter.

~ArkyRamsFan~

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
He is not a quick twitch guy that can come back and make a play on a ball like that.... And Mayfield was late on the throw.
True but last year we saw Stafford get frustrated several times when Van would stand there and watch somebody much shorter than him go up and highpoint the ball and pick it off

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s a tough play to crucify him over, but yeah that’s his game. If the ball doesn’t drop into his hands he’s not making the catch. His basket is too small. Maybe it’s called a catch radius, whatever.
Sorry but shitting on Van because Baker underthrew a ball by at least 5 yards on a game winning touchdown is only describable by words we shouldn't use on this forum.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
When baker had time everyone from mcvay to there mamas marveled at how baker went through his progressions etc then when he is pressured and sacked a ton with at best 2nd and 3rd tier wideouts he is going to get crushed???? I would of liked to see him play with at least with the wideouts Arob and Kupp but with an o-line I think he be fine better than fine with this culture and coaching like Greg Olson.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Yeah, that's where I'm at after watching these last 4 games. He makes some plays but not enough. He's just not accurate enough and takes too many sacks. If some team wants to pay him starter money he can go.
Also, don't think he reads defenses quick enough so unless he cleans that up he ain't a starter.

~ArkyRamsFan~
I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Like always, its been fun guys.

I will now retreat to the garage, start the car and contemplate the season.

My wife will open the door a little later.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry but shitting on Van because Baker underthrew a ball by at least 5 yards on a game winning touchdown is only describable by words we shouldn't use on this forum.
Yeah, that's definitely not Van's fault. Dude was getting open all game long. Would have had 150+ yards if Baker hadn't thrown so many bad balls to him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm gonna guess Whorestad fucked us?

He was the ref during the Rams/Steelers game. He fucked us then, too.

Yes, I have the memory of twenty elephants.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When baker had time everyone from mcvay to there mamas marveled at how baker went through his progressions etc then when he is pressured and sacked a ton with at best 2nd and 3rd tier wideouts he is going to get crushed???? I would of liked to see him play with at least with the wideouts Arob and Kupp but with an o-line I think he be fine better than fine with this culture and coaching like Greg Olson.
I'm still ok with bringing him in as a bridge QB if Stafford does retire. But he didn't have a good game today in part because of the OL but he also made some bad decisions and throws.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm still ok with bringing him in as a bridge QB if Stafford does retire. But he didn't have a good game today in part because of the OL but he also made some bad decisions and throws.
If he wants to stick around, I'd keep him. He's good for a backup. But man, he really sucked today.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he wants to stick around, I'd keep him. He's good for a backup. But man, he really sucked today.
Yeah he'd do a good play on a drive then kill your happy thoughts about the guy with the next two or three. I know you've talked about him before but I'm liking Hooker more and more with our 2nd round pick if Stafford does retire. That likely leads us to also trade Ramsey getting another high pick to add an Edge we need moving forward. Might do that mock tonight or tomorrow.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I agree he missed a few and the importance of the van one makes it sting more but again you know your shit once a qb is rattled under pressure constantly sacked etc it's hard to find that rhythm in a game and easy throws become more difficult. That said I'd love to have him bk. The big draw for him is Lincoln in La.....LA.....and probably being under Mcvay. If mcvay does go though wt then?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree he missed a few and the importance of the van one makes it sting more but again you know your shit once a qb is rattled under pressure constantly sacked etc it's hard to find that rhythm in a game and easy throws become more difficult. That said I'd love to have him bk. The big draw for him is Lincoln in La.....LA.....and probably being under Mcvay. If mcvay does go though wt then?
Asshole Face. They seemingly don't like each other and he's in LA now. What better thing for him than to rebuild the roster McVay bailed on and win another Lombardi there? That's assuming a lot of things including they don't care for each other which is just speculation on me. Would SP start a build with Baker for a couple years?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Am I missing any bullshit ref calls?

B.S. Running into kicker.

Ramsey personal foul.

Metcalf non called personal foul.

Grounding on Seacocks

No Taunting.
All in about 6 minutes.

It would have been bad enough throughout an entire game, but watching the latter part of that quarter and OT was brutal.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
All in about 6 minutes.

It would have been bad enough throught an entire game, but watching the latter part of that quarter and OT was brutal.
We experienced Detroit bad luck by proxy.