GDT - Rams at Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
i hate to say this.. but no way is stafford a ridiculous upgrade over goff...

in fact i think goff may be more accurate than staff...

his pocket awareness may be less than matts, but his passes when given time are way more accurate...

he may also not have the ability to make the ridiculous no look pass, but he's no slouch... especially compared to what i've seen lately from stafford...

honestly, compared to earlier this year, i am leaning toward stafford possibly hiding an injury...

in any case...

go rams

slo
I have stated this. Stafford has more raw talent. He can make stuff happen out of nothing. Can throw off of diff platforms etc...

However.... Give both a clean pocket and weapons, I think Goff is more consistent in his accuracy and as a result would keep an offense on schedule and operating more consistently in terms of sustaining drives. Stafford can do what he did today. Multiple 3 & outs, and a couple of bombs/ big plays. Exciting, but the problem is that stresses a defense in terms of time of possession etc... And it's not winning complimentary football.

I also think McVay's strength is managing a game and an offense. His halftime lead stat indicates that.

With Goff, he had a game manager that had good arm talent and could play at a high level when protected and when McVay could dictate the pace of the game. Now, with Stafford, he doesn't know what the hell to do or how to handle a gunslinger QB it seems. He doesn't seem to want to impose his will or limit Stafford's play style. Problem is that style isn't beating good teams...and apparently never has.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Green Bay gained almost 100 yards more against the Rams D in the playoffs.

But…Morris is the problem.
Morris is a problem but AD was also not 100% that game, changes everything.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Morris is a problem but AD was also not 100% that game, changes everything.
The offense had one sustained drive in the first half. One! Even their TD "drive" was 3 plays.

That is not complementary football. You can't stress a D like that. And yes the D has to get off the field too, but the offense should be expected to least possess the ball 12-13 minutes a half so the D is not gassed before halftime.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When he had a good o-line we played well. Our line hasn't been good enough lately and he hasn't done squat to fix it.
Investing mid round picks and waiting for them to develop hasn't worked. When they finally develop, they still have mid round talent and are average at best. In our glory years we had a physical O-line that pushed people around and stud RBs to take advantage.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If 80 yards difference makes you think Morris is better than Staley,great logic
Never said that.
Pointing out that the histrionics about Morris are just that, histrionics.

And feel free to see how the Chargers D is performing.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Nah. I think they'll use that as a get-right game.

True. But I'm REALLY worried in the weeks after that there will be a lot of "get-wrong" games. Stafford is way off the last 3 games. Way off. I wonder why.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keep tooting your own horn buddy. Your right Jrry. You always been right, about everything.
Tooting my own horn? I'm telling you that in a game where we couldn't run the ball for shit, the answer to winning wasn't running the ball more. The answer to winning was better QB, defensive, and special teams play.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I have stated this. Stafford has more raw talent. He can make stuff happen out of nothing. Can throw off of diff platforms etc...

However.... Give both a clean pocket and weapons, I think Goff is more consistent in his accuracy and as a result would keep an offense on schedule and operating more consistently in terms of sustaining drives. Stafford can do what he did today. Multiple 3 & outs, and a couple of bombs/ big plays. Exciting, but the problem is that stresses a defense in terms of time of possession etc... And it's not winning complimentary football.

I also think McVay's strength is managing a game and an offense. His halftime lead stat indicates that.

With Goff, he had a game manager that had good arm talent and could play at a high level when protected and when McVay could dictate the pace of the game. Now, with Stafford, he doesn't know what the hell to do or how to handle a gunslinger QB it seems. He doesn't seem to want to impose his will or limit Stafford's play style. Problem is that style isn't beating good teams...and apparently never has.
Look what Aaron Rodgers gets done without much of an oline but with patience, accuracy, and taking what the defense gives him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
A lot of people need to hop off the OBJ dna rifle already. Yes he scored 1 TD and thats all we might see. Just because he scored once doesn’t mean we making it deep into playoffs. Team has bigger issues all around. And if by the graces of god he ends up scoring again then that remains to be seen, still doesn’t warrant that he is a savior to our offensive woes…
I will say that I am happy with the way he battled out there today. We're going to need him that's for damn sure. So it was good to see him keep playing when he was clearly in pain, and actually get good production as well.

He needs to keep working with Stafford and get his timing down with him. That will take some more games but hopefully going forward things keep getting better. I am really glad they went and got him at this point.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Same old song and dance and wanting to be right PhillyRam. It's no longer about Goff dude. Goff was definitely not good enough for a team that wants to compete every year.

Now as to whether Stafford is, we're gonna see this year and next. Stafford is a better QB than Goff, the question is how much better and whether he was worth the trade cost which is going to be determined by whether he can get us through the playoff gauntlet. Right now it looks like the answer is going to be no, but this first year's story is still being written.

There were people saying Brady was done last year before Arians balanced his offense and got him playing efficiently. McVay has to find a way to settle Stafford down and in my opinion it's gonna require a good run game. When he goes into gunslinger mode he's reckless. The guy had 14 fucking years or whatever of hero ball he's gotta work out of his system. I'm as pissed as you are but shitting on the guy and trying to turn everything back into a BS Goff argument that you are still wrong about is not the answer.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Same old song and dance and wanting to be right PhillyRam. It's no longer about Goff dude. Goff was definitely not good enough for a team that wants to compete every year.

Now as to whether Stafford is, we're gonna see this year and next. Stafford is a better QB than Goff, the question is how much better and whether he was worth the trade cost which is going to be determined by whether he can get us through the playoff gauntlet. Right now it looks like the answer is going to be no, but this first year's story is still being written.

There were people saying Brady was done last year before Arians balanced his offense and got him playing efficiently. McVay has to find a way to settle Stafford down and in my opinion it's gonna require a good run game. When he goes into gunslinger mode he's reckless. The guy had 14 fucking years or whatever of hero ball he's gotta work out of his system. I'm as pissed as you are but shitting on the guy and trying to turn everything back into a BS Goff argument that you are still wrong about is not the answer.
Huh?
The qb with 4 straight winning seasons, 2 pro bowls, 2 division titles, multiple playoff wins and a sb appearance (none of which the current rams qb has done) wasn't good enough for a team that wants to compete every year? I gotta say merlin you usually post great stuff but this.....I don't even know what to say.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Huh?
The qb with 4 straight winning seasons, 2 pro bowls, 2 division titles, multiple playoff wins and a sb appearance (none of which the current rams qb has done) wasn't good enough for a team that wants to compete every year? I gotta say merlin you usually post great stuff but this.....I don't even know what to say.
I'm not gonna rehash Goff dude. I've said a thousand times what his problems were. He wasn't good enough. Still isn't good enough. And time will demonstrate that.

It's time some posters here moved the fuck on. That's the point which you didn't get which shows where you sit.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
I'm not gonna rehash Goff dude. I've said a thousand times what his problems were. He wasn't good enough. Still isn't good enough. And time will demonstrate that.

It's time some posters here moved the fuck on. That's the point which you didn't get which shows where you sit.
Wasn't good enough? Seems Stafford isn't good enough because the only thing he's helped improved is the deep ball on this rams team. Still fails to beat good teams (just like in Detroit) need I remind what we're gonna face in the playoffs if we make it? Yea not looking to good bud. Not being able to beat good teams with winning records is ther very definition of "not being good enough" BTW why would I or anyone fir that matter take your word about Goff seriously when you were one of the mains ones scapegoating him while refuses to look at mcvay? Funny how we have a "better qb" but the problems are the same. So obviously you were wrong.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wasn't good enough? Seems Stafford isn't good enough because the only thing he's helped improved is the deep ball on this rams team. Still fails to beat good teams (just like in Detroit) need I remind what we're gonna face in the playoffs if we make it? Yea not looking to good bud. Not being able to beat good teams with winning records is ther very definition of "not being good enough" BTW why would I or anyone fir that matter take your word about Goff seriously when you were one of the mains ones scapegoating him while refuses to look at mcvay? Funny how we have a "better qb" but the problems are the same. So obviously you were wrong.
You don't have to remind me of shit dude. If you had read my posts you'd know that too.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You don't have to remind me of shit dude. If you had read my posts you'd know that too.
I do so love reading these conversations with yourself (at least that's what it looks like to me when you're talking with somebody I've chosen to ignore) :D

Tano

Legend
Hate to say this, but the playoffs are not a slam dunk anymore when you look at the schedule.
Well if Washington wins tonight - they are tied with 2 other 5-6 teams for the seventh spot and they would have to go 4-2 to get to 9 wins.

I just don't see any of those teams winning 4 out of 6. I could be wrong though.

Right now we are at the 5 spot at 7-4

However, with that in mind, we would have to go 1 win or less to not make the playoffs imho

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
18.5 ppg last year
23.9 ppg this year

Brandon's first year is it not?
I’m confused by your question.

I’m pointing out that Staley isn’t improving the Chargers D at all this year.

And, if you watched the GB playoff game, no, he couldn’t adjust. They figured out how to scheme the Rams into hell on defense.

480+ yards in that game.