GAME DAY GDT - Rams at Buccaneers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
It played great tonight
Too bad it's quite possibly the worst Rams offense I've seen in decades.
They make 1 1st down in the 4th Q and they win the game going away

Great aka giving up the go ahead score with under a minute left to one of the worst offenses in the league.

The mental gymnastics required to defend this defensive scheme are hilarious.

The offensive line injuries explain the offensive woes. You have three hall of famers on the defense and you can't stop a 45 year old Brady.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The defense played well enough to win. Until the last possession. Why were guys so open down the sidelines? And not 3 or 4 yard plays. Big chunks. I know when you hold em to 16 points you should win. But all they had to do was give them the middle instead of the sidelines. They woulda had less plays. And probably not enough time. As well as they played before that last drive, they pretty much handed them the game on that one.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I tried that earlier and thought I should try harder.........................NOPE! Limp dick Rams back to the 90s for us fans!

I am not giving this ratshit team anymore of my time with games like this season.
Dude, they just won a SB...talk about fair weather fan.

I am as pissed about that game as much as anyone, but how about some perspective?

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Agree but Morris's scheme that last drive allowed them to move the ball. He knew the Bucs we're getting the ball back with time and he played not to lose playing that sorry ass shell at the end.
That was a fluke on behalf of our underwhelming O. That should of never happened yet it did…

Tano

Legend
Morris did really good in the first half but in the fourth quarter he kept playing 10 yards back.

You can't do that. Not against Brady. Eventually it is going to bite you in the butt

GhostTide

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This team is trash. Better for your health to just not watch. May be worst season ever for a defending SB champ. Embarrassing.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Great aka giving up the go ahead score with under a minute left to one of the worst offenses in the league.

The offensive line injuries explain the offensive woes. You have three hall of famers on the defense and you can't stop a 45 year old Brady.
My only guess is they fear Kendricks can't hold up in any kind of man defense, but then that's also an indictment on Long & Rochelle for not winning that position and a staff that can't develop those guys to handle that role.

Hobgoblin

Rookie
I get it. Morris kept the points low.

But how do you not clamp down and do something different. You know your O is bad but your defense blew it with the soft as baby shit cushion. If you want to tout Morris as doing a good job, this was his chance to step up and he blew it. It was an issue even when we had a top offense.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
The amount of people blaming this loss on the defense is almost comical. They just held Tom Brady to 1 touchdown the whole game after having to deal with short fields basically the whole game. This loss is all on the offense and not using Henderson as our bell cow back is practically criminal at this point.
They both share the blame. There are always games (unfortunately more often for us) where you either need a score or stop to win. Everyone knew Brady was getting the ball back with time and Morris played a chicken shit scheme on that last series that allowed the Bucs to move the ball down the field quickly. Whatever happened to defending the sidelines when the Bucs had no time outs?

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I get it. Morris kept the points low.

But how do you not clamp down and do something different. You know your O is bad but your defense blew it with the soft as baby shit cushion. If you want to tout Morris as doing a good job, this was his chance to step up and he blew it. It was an issue even when we had a top offense.
It shouldn’t be up to morris to constantly dictate how the game should go. That begins on ball possession. The D was simply left out to dry. Pure and simple it was easy to see we scored no more than 13…

The way I see it which is clear as day is that Morris will get the blame regardless of the offensive woes.

JustMe

Rookie
Name
Just Me
The amount of people blaming this loss on the defense is almost comical. They just held Tom Brady to 1 touchdown the whole game after having to deal with short fields basically the whole game. This loss is all on the offense and not using Henderson as our bell cow back is practically criminal at this point.
I am not blaming the defense.. I am blaming the scheme.

EVERYONE sees it. it’s easy pickings all the way down the field. expecting a defense not to break at the goal line is asking for a loss.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
What? I'm sorry but that's absolutely insane. Defense held Brady to 1 touchdown. This is all on the offense.
I'm sorry but if they're gonna let em play pitch and catch it should in bounds. They woulda had less plays. And probably not enough time. Those wide open sideline catches were not 3 or 4 yards. It allowed them to pick up big chunks and stop the clock. Yes, giving up 16 points usually means they should win. But it all goes out the window when they play like they did the final drive. Why didn't Morris have them playing the sidelines?

ID Ramsfan

UDFA
Name
Spencer
They both share the blame. There are always games (unfortunately more often for us) where you either need a score or stop to win. Everyone knew Brady was getting the ball back with time and Morris played a chicken shit scheme on that last series that allowed the Bucs to move the ball down the field quickly. Whatever happened to defending the sidelines when the Bucs had no time outs?
Come on now. Offense had -2 yards in the 4th quarter. How long can you expect the defense to stop Brady on short fields.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
That was a fluke on behalf of our underwhelming O. That should of never happened yet it did…
Can't call it a fluke when it happens. We know our offense is shit and our D is supposed to be our strength. I'm just looking at it as we had a chance to win at the end if our defense held, but Morris's scheme made it too damn easy. No way should they get plays where they are getting out of bounds to save time. Anyone, except Morris, could see that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That's a fail
Offensive line woes dont excuse complete ineptitude. Your coach is supposed to be an offensive guru and cant muster a single first down against mediocre defense.
McVay has been exposed, time and time again. Tonight was a total disgrace and completely on the offense

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Come on now. Offense had -2 yards in the 4th quarter. How long can you expect the defense to stop Brady on short fields.
I get our offense sucks and should do more but in reality we didnt. Yet we still had a chance if the D stopped them right? They made it too easy. I'd accept it
more if they played good D and the Bucs honestly made plays. We allowed them to get a huge chunk play on the very first play, then we proceeded to allow them to continually catch it and get out of bounds. Sorry, there is no defending that at all. That was shitty scheming.