GDT - Lions at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MachS

Hall of Fame

bluecoconuts

Legend
Strahan on Fox just now said that the players last year went to McVay and said, we want Wolf over Goff. I hadnt heard that and I wonder if that is something he knows or if he is just speculating.

During the preseason Talib made a comment about how guys really liked Wolford as soon as he entered the huddle, so maybe it was a leadership style thing. Goff's such a neutral easy going guy goofy guy, I feel like when you slip even a little people can lose confidence in you quickly. Very interesting tidbit if true, because Wolford definitely didn't increase their chances to win in terms of talent, but maybe it was how he approached the game and saw the play. Goff in 2017-18 was taking those shots, once that stopped I can see how guys might lose confidence.

The word is apparently the leak today about Goff's foot "injury" during 2018 came from Mike Silver. Surprise, surprise. He's like Goff's best friend and butt buddy who called the Rams crazy for the trade because Goff is better than Stafford. Just a delusional, non objective reporter. They're doing all they can to create sympathy right now and change the Goff narrative.

View: https://twitter.com/Rich_Hammond/status/1452324773753655306?t=YHGOx9bQVpKG5LVZrNQUlQ&s=19

The timing definitely isn't a coincidence, but if he got surgery that would prove if as legitimate. Regardless, I don't think we should question Goff's toughness, after he broke his thumb he popped it back into place and didn't miss a snap. Came in early in the first quarter of the playoff game after Wolford went down and played decently well, and then quite well against Green Bay, so there's precedent for him being tough and wanting to just play through an injury.

I've "worked" through some pretty bad injuries, probably far more than the overwhelming majority of people, I don't think it's fair to question the legitimately of an injury really just based on timing of it coming out. I don't think it really means that much in terms of the narrative, frankly, most football players are pretty tough guys.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
During the preseason Talib made a comment about how guys really liked Wolford as soon as he entered the huddle, so maybe it was a leadership style thing. Goff's such a neutral easy going guy goofy guy, I feel like when you slip even a little people can lose confidence in you quickly. Very interesting tidbit if true, because Wolford definitely didn't increase their chances to win in terms of talent, but maybe it was how he approached the game and saw the play. Goff in 2017-18 was taking those shots, once that stopped I can see how guys might lose confidence.

The timing definitely isn't a coincidence, but if he got surgery that would prove if as legitimate. Regardless, I don't think we should question Goff's toughness, after he broke his thumb he popped it back into place and didn't miss a snap. Came in early in the first quarter of the playoff game after Wolford went down and played decently well, and then quite well against Green Bay, so there's precedent for him being tough and wanting to just play through an injury.

I've "worked" through some pretty bad injuries, probably far more than the overwhelming majority of people, I don't think it's fair to question the legitimately of an injury really just based on timing of it coming out. I don't think it really means that much in terms of the narrative, frankly, most football players are pretty tough guys.

You’re talking to a wall (or walls). Some people here just want to shit on Goff no matter what, even now that he’s gone. It’s kind of like the way a dog licks up its own puke, they just can’t let it go.

It was the same way when Warner moved on.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
On your gaurd Rams!!! Baltimore getting BLOWN OUT at home by the Bengals who are up 34-17

Bengals are about to be 5-2 and look legit to me in the few times I’ve watched them. Ravens dealing with a ton of injuries too.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm looking at Sportsurge. They don't have the Rams/Lions game up. Just as a warning.

MachS

Hall of Fame
During the preseason Talib made a comment about how guys really liked Wolford as soon as he entered the huddle, so maybe it was a leadership style thing
This is spot on. Talib is on a few football podcasts and before the season he was asked about the Stafford/Goff trade and what the Rams were getting. He said by all accounts the Rams were getting a better talent and leader, said he never played with Stafford but that's what he heard. And that Goff was never a good leader, it wasn't natural for him. I posted the video here months back, and yea confirms Goff just wasn't a good leader so once all the bad play started I'm sure the locker room wasn't too pleased.

RamWoodie

Legend
Bengals are about to be 5-2 and look legit to me in the few times I’ve watched them. Ravens dealing with a ton of injuries too.
Not saying at all they aren't legit...but...who would have thought they would be up ont the Ravens at home like that??? Kinda reminds you of the Rams dropping to the Cards.

IF YOU RELAX CUZ YOU'RE AT HOME...YOU CAN EASILY BE EMBARRASSED!!!

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
lets-go-already.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think when a team loses confidence in their QB that next guy suddenly looks real attractive. That's part of why everyone wants to see the rookie when he's sitting behind some average Joe signal caller who is holding the spot down.

Also the players know from film review who fucked up where.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Almost gametime thank fuck.

flirty-dance-hips-dont-lie.gif

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Let's hope we got off to a fast start because I believe that Detroit is going to take a bunch of chances on Defense and Offense knowing nobody gives them a chance to win anyway

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Same. Got an old pup who required my assistance first thing this morning so I was up at the ass crack of dawn. Now I'm dying.
Old dog club too. My boy is 17, he's certainly had better days

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This dude is my kind of fan...

fan-cheerleader.gif

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Seriously, fuck the people who don't want us streamers to tune into the motherfucking game. It's not on Sportsurge, which is where I usually go.

I need a stream, please!

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Seriously, fuck the people who don't want us streamers to tune into the motherfucking game. It's not on Sportsurge, which is where I usually go.

I need a stream, please!
You and me both! I'm scrambling! SOMEONE HELP US!