GDT: Cowboys at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Rams WIN!.... what counts is...............

thebottomline.jpg

2mpaMKx9B3dWm6-TWRC_K7QucUxuZsZ8e7PRkSw_GDQ.jpg

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
All in all, I like what I saw from the team as a whole tonight. Penalties were cut way down. The offense is actually moving the ball. I really think Jared Goff is going to be a STUD this season. Our starting receivers right now are Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, Pharoah Cooper, Tavon Austin and Nelson Spruce. If McVay keeps 7 receivers then add Mike Thomas.

Our defense is going to ruin some teams lives this season. With or without Aaron Donald. I can't wait to see this unit at full strength. We have great depth at CB. Actually wouldn't mind trading Tru at this point for a lineman.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
All in all, I like what I saw from the team as a whole tonight. Penalties were cut way down. The offense is actually moving the ball. I really think Jared Goff is going to be a STUD this season. Our starting receivers right now are Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, Pharoah Cooper, Tavon Austin and Nelson Spruce. If McVay keeps 7 receivers then add Mike Thomas.

Our defense is going to ruin some teams lives this season. With or without Aaron Donald. I can't wait to see this unit at full strength. We have great depth at CB. Actually wouldn't mind trading Tru at this point for a lineman.

The only way we can trade Tru is if it is for a good OG, not potentially good, but a proven OG. If the D has to be the strength of this team we need Tru to be out there playing with attitude and making plays on the ball.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
@Rynie our scrubs are better than your scrubs :p
haha I'm just messing. I'm looking forward to some real football in week 4. Maybe both teams will figure out how to hold onto the ball by then :LOL:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well, a win is a win. Victory Sunday tomorrow?
I have a BIG problem Here!
* Tomorrow is my Grad-Daughters 4th Birthday, I have to go to it!
* Monday My Wife and I are going to Bass Lake for a Weeks Vacation!!
* You will al have to do without My Fantastic input until The 19th!
* I'LL BE BACK IN TIME FOR THE RAIDER GAME! I KNOW, YOU ALL WILL MISS ME!:rolllaugh:

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Some good things for on this game: the rookies all seemed to look great! Kupp and Goff hooked up on a beautiful play. Everett could be a star, Smart looked good. (Was Samson hurt?) I think I saw Johnson make a play or two. A little disappointed we couldn't see Rogers more. Davis had a few really nice cutback runs. I won't hold his fumbling against him this time. Though keep in mind, he may have known that field better than anyone, coming from USC. Mannion had his moments. Liked what I saw from Longacre.

On the bad side: o-line. Come on man! Jamon and Pace Murphy were a disaster. Why did we insist on running poor Todd Gurley right? I'll excuse the play calling. First game. But the number of slow developing runs that resulted in negative yardage. Yikes. Kept looking to the sideline for Fisher and Boras. And hang onto the ball!! It's like our guys weren't ready for the speed of the game.

Good start though with a W. Watched the game with my Cowboy lovin' son.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Wagers on who will be starting at RG next week? I'll go with Wichman.
Also, once Whitworth comes out next week, hoping to see more Darrell Williams than Pace Murphy with the 2'nd team. And when can we expect to see Donnal back ? Hopefully an affordable quality vet OG gets waivered soon, ... Brown was just awful.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I feel you brother.. It is a sore feeling because we fall in the category off......................
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAIJAAAAJDkzY2IxNWRhLTYxN2MtNDNjMy1hYmVkLTcwZDM5ZDZjNmQyNw.png

I think in heptapod, that means "the white horns should stop dropping the ball."

Or something like that... my heptapod is a little rusty.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-los-angeles-rams-13-dallas-cowboys-10/

Refocused: Los Angeles Rams 13, Dallas Cowboys 10
BY PFF ANALYSIS TEAM

GettyImages-830910986-copy.jpg

The Los Angeles Rams celebrates after a fumble recovery during the last quater of the preseason game against the Dallas Cowboys at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on August 12, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Sean M. Haffey/Getty Images)

While the contest between the Dallas Cowboys and Los Angeles Rams may have felt lacking in star-power as Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott and Jaylon Smith did not play, Cowboys rookie edge defender Taco Charlton, veteran RB Darren McFadden and emerging TE Rico Gathers did their best to excite Dallas fans.

However, Rams QB Jared Goff led an early touchdown drive, and ultimately, a late field goal would be the difference in a 13-10 Rams victory. With that, we refocus and give you our PFF exclusive takeaways from the contest for each team.

TOP 5 GRADES
CB Michael Jordan, 91.2 overall grade

DI Tanzel Smart, 87.5 overall grade

C Austin Blythe, 82.7 overall grade

QB Sean Mannion, 81.4 overall grade

LB Kevin Davis, 80.1 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:

QB Sean Mannion, 81.4 overall grade
With QB Jared Goff playing only two series, Mannion took advantage of a showcase opportunity going 18-of-25, including three dropped passes. It was mostly short stuff for Mannion, but his one pass over 10 yards was a post route that was right on target until Xavier Woods knocked it out. Mannion also handled pressure well, completing 4-of-5 passes with his only incompletion the aforementioned post route.

C Austin Blythe, 82.7 overall grade
Blythe made an impact in the run game where he executed a variety of blocks at a high level. He made linebackers pay at the second level and he made multiple reach blocks to stonewall opposing nose tackles. He fielded the game’s second-highest run block grade of 83.0.

It wasn’t all great as he airmailed a snap over QB Sean Mannion’s head and he surrendered a QB hit, but Blythe’s work as a run-blocker won’t go unnoticed in his battle to join the offensive line rotation this season.

CB Michael Jordan, 91.2 overall grade
Jordan played up to his lofty name making numerous plays in the passing game all night. On his five coverage targets, he surrendered just one catch for 11 yards with two passes defenced. Quarterbacks targeting Jordan posted just a 39.6 passer rating.

DI Tanzel Smart, 87.5 overall grade
The rookie sixth-round draft pick out of Tulane filled up the stat sheet and was disruptive all night against the run and affecting the passer. Smart recorded one hit, three hurries, one batted pass at the line of scrimmage and two tackles on his 37 snaps. He finished with a very respectable 11.1 pass-rush productivity mark.

TOP 5 GRADES
S Xavier Woods, 89.9 overall grade

Edge Lenny Jones, 83.7 overall grade

CB Duke Thomas, 80.8 overall grade

Edge Taco Charlton, 80.0 overall grade

S Robert Blanton, 79.1 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:

QB Cooper Rush, 74.2 overall grade

The undrafted rookie from Central Michigan was one of the lone bright spots for the Cowboys offense on a sluggish night. If not for two drops, Rush would have finished a perfect 11-of-11. With those drops, he saw an adjusted completion percentage of 100.0, displaying a good understanding of the offense. The Cowboys only touchdown came on a nice seam throw from Rush to TE Rico Gathers.

G Zack Martin, 77.1 overall grade
The always-steady Martin posted the highest offensive grade for the Cowboys during his 19 snaps. Martin didn’t allow any pressures in the passing game, and was solid in the run game with a 76.9 run blocking grade.

S Xavier Woods, 89.9 overall grade
Woods made plays all over the field, getting in on eight tackles, including a game-high six stops. Whether in the open field, against the run, or in coverage, Woods flew to the football and finished plays when he got there. The sixth-round pick is looking for a role in the Dallas secondary and he stated a strong case tonight as he played 31 snaps at free safety, 14 in the box, and nine over the slot.

Edge Taco Charlton, 80.0 overall grade
After playing 16 snaps in the Hall of Fame game, Charlton picked up his first career pressures as he got in on a sack and a hurry while playing 25 total snaps. While his sack came against backup offensive tackle Pace Murphy, it was important for him to get on the stat sheet as continued improvement will be crucial in his rookie season. He also got in on a run stop after beating TE Tyler Higbee.

P1701-WOODS-GAMEBALL-768x432.png

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
What did you guys think of Mike Jordan? Any chance he could be a starter?

Over Webster or Tru? Not a chance in hell. But he did well against 3s and 4s. So he could slide right into the spot vacated by Gaines, as our first off the bench corner.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
What did you guys think of Mike Jordan? Any chance he could be a starter?
There were moments last year where he looked like a starter.
He is certainly athletic enough.
I like his height so I would say that is a possibility.
I think they're going to work over the cornerbacks on the lower tier of the roster because they know they're going to lose Tru.

We need to know where we stand for next year's draft in our cornerbacks.