GDT: Cowboys at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I
Can we carry four running backs? That's where my headcount question comes in. We going to drop a TE? WR? Not an expert by any means on positions and how many typicly make the 53 but I think we carry 3 QB's so something has to give. (Mannion showed his worth tonight).

EDIT: Chase Reynolds, RB, special team standout. Does he count as a fourth RB?
I think Reynolds is gone bruh. You have Cunningham, Brown and Green. All three of them are legit

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
No Mannion Love???? c'mon guys, you can do better than this...

GO MANNION!:boxing:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Just finished watching the entire game. What a really cool finish for the fans in attendance.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Sidenote: That ESPN sideline reporter chick was awful all night. Mistake after mistake, asking Fisher the same question twice about Goff PT(and getting the same answer twice, Lol), other assorted dumb questions.
The biggie: Super Bowl XIV was NOT played in the LA Coliseum sweetheart. Lynn Swann played it cool though.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
That's nice and all. But in the real world, preparing players who will see the field in more than a contingency situation trumps the contingency.

Therefore why rely on 1 entity, ie. A first rounder. Keenum needs to prove more that he should be a 2nd. Goff definitely needs to prove worthiness of starting as a 1st rounder. He shouldnt automatically trump those who have experienced the game on a nfl level. Prove it. I am seeing a trend on relying on 1st rounders. I am not doubting your observations jrry. I just want results ,and see a high calibre class team for our Rams organization.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McRoberts doesn't make it.
between the fair catch faux pas and drops , and being completely outplayed by nelson spruce, i'd agree that mcroberts is cut bait. mike thomas not far behind. if quick could catch like he blocks he'd be a pro bowler. with austin in and gurley in the backfield, i can see spruce getting some wide open looks in the slot. plus higbee, that big ole' TE we drafted.

Stony32

Fan since tickets were $5.50
No matter that Spruce has amazing hands, he has to show up on special teams to make it.

If the Rams take that approach, they would be making the same mistake teams and talent evaluators have been making about Spruce his whole football life.

Other than Colorado, Spruce had one--ONE!--other offer in the Pac-12: Washington State. Now he's the all-time P-12 receptions leader. How do you think the other 10 schools feel about him now? NFL teams who, on draft day, were married to measurables in shorts and t-shirts are going to be feeling the same way soon. Except, unlike CU in the P-12, Spruce is now on a team that can do some damage to those others.

Clearly, the Rams are short of what Spruce offers at WR and need him, regardless of ST ability. They have to forget combine performance and see the football player.

All we should care about is the Rams winning. So, I'm in the take-the-best-six-WRs-no-matter-who-they-are camp. Spruce is one of them.

…..

Legend
Spruce, Seau, Higbee, Brown, there are some good things to like in this game, many more than I listed.

Not hearing a lot about Aaron Green but I was impressed with his vision. He seems very aware. He also has an unexpected shifty 1st step to avoid contact, then commits to his decision so I don't get the feeling he's going to be a dancer. He caught 4 passes on 4 targets too. Hope we see a lot more of him.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First off, I loved the game and there were a lot of fans there for football. But there is another crowd there too.
About the other crowd, is it just me or did anyone else notice the absolute hordes of alcoholics present? I had a guy passed out next to me and a guy passed out next to my son who threw up all over himself and the guy in the seat in front of him. Who are these people? I've come to the conclusion that a live football game is where the alcoholic can hide in plain site and they love it. They don't have to hold back and it's the perfect excuse for excessive drinking. It's alright to start drinking at 10:00 AM and puke in your seat while your poor wife tries to act like nothing is wrong and clean you up like a baby that just sh-t his diaper. Just had to vent as it's shocking what is acceptable public behavior at sporting events with kids and families present.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
First off, I loved the game and there were a lot of fans there for football. But there is another crowd there too.
About the other crowd, is it just me or did anyone else notice the absolute hordes of alcoholics present? I had a guy passed out next to me and a guy passed out next to my son who threw up all over himself and the guy in the seat in front of him. Who are these people? I've come to the conclusion that a live football game is where the alcoholic can hide in plain site and they love it. They don't have to hold back and it's the perfect excuse for excessive drinking. It's alright to start drinking at 10:00 AM and puke in your seat while your poor wife tries to act like nothing is wrong and clean you up like a baby that just sh-t his diaper. Just had to vent as it's shocking what is acceptable public behavior at sporting events with kids and families present.

That seems way to close to a Faider crowd...Of course those kind of assholes are at every team's home games...Hopefully you just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
15%2B-%2B1
You just made my day Mojo, The 1st post I've seen of yours, since you've Become a NEW ROD Team Mgr., And I'm jealous, up until now I only had Stiles of this "Beat-Down!" Thanks!!

Joint Cowboys practice!.jpg

Joint Cowboys practice2.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
freak man. Seeing them come out of the tunnel and it finally really hit me that they're in LA. What a crazy mix of emotions.
After watching the game, What is you opinion of the "White Uni's" now!?!;):D

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
If the Rams take that approach, they would be making the same mistake teams and talent evaluators have been making about Spruce his whole football life.

Other than Colorado, Spruce had one--ONE!--other offer in the Pac-12: Washington State. Now he's the all-time P-12 receptions leader. How do you think the other 10 schools feel about him now? NFL teams who, on draft day, were married to measurables in shorts and t-shirts are going to be feeling the same way soon. Except, unlike CU in the P-12, Spruce is now on a team that can do some damage to those others.

Clearly, the Rams are short of what Spruce offers at WR and need him, regardless of ST ability. They have to forget combine performance and see the football player.

All we should care about is the Rams winning. So, I'm in the take-the-best-six-WRs-no-matter-who-they-are camp. Spruce is one of them.
I agree.... a ST's ace who does nothing for our passing offense is not going to help improve our passing offense, correct? So there are lots of other guys who can and do contribute on ST's. I kinda feel the same way about Chase at RB. The only guys who i think should be able to lock up a roster spot purely on ST's play are the K,P and LS. Maybe ... maybe a return guy if he is that good at it.

RamWoodie

Legend
Mannion shock:shocked:.
Many holds on Aaron Donald early
Dallas got away with a lot of holding period...and as another poster said Dez Bryant gets away with a lot of pushing off!

I think as the preseason goes forward and the cuts start, the defense is going to be fine!

Fisher is really going to have to look at his three QBs hard because there's no way Mannion should be out of the discussion.

IT WOULD REALLY SHOCK A LOT OF PEOPLE if Mannion wins the job outright!!! (Not saying he will though)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Therefore why rely on 1 entity, ie. A first rounder. Keenum needs to prove more that he should be a 2nd. Goff definitely needs to prove worthiness of starting as a 1st rounder. He shouldnt automatically trump those who have experienced the game on a nfl level. Prove it. I am seeing a trend on relying on 1st rounders. I am not doubting your observations jrry. I just want results ,and see a high calibre class team for our Rams organization.

Because 3 QB systems don't work. You rely on 1 entity because the 1 entity is clearly the most talented entity. If they want to have Keenum compete with Mannion, fine. But it seems that they clearly consider Keenum the #2 over Mannion.

But they would be fools to take any reps away from Goff to give to Mannion. Goff is the future. He should automatically trump Mannion and Keenum when he's ready. He's clearly the most talented player of the three.

What you're arguing is akin to arguing that the Colts should have played Kelly Holcomb over Peyton Manning in 1998 because Manning struggled early that year adjusting to the NFL game.

You don't make these decisions with a few games in mind. You make these decisions with the future in mind. It's clear watching these guys who the most talented QB is.

I agree that I want results and a high caliber team. Which is why I want our rookie up to speed and developing as quickly as possible.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
So I'm not the only one to notice the knuckleheads in the stands:dizzy:. I rode the metro and had no problem getting to my seat. And then the problems started. All around me foul language, got beer spilled down my back, drunks fighting:argue: in the isle, they wouldn't sit down. I missed a whole qtr just going to the head and back (waiting in line and standing in a puddle of puke and piss).:puke::poop:

I only went to the game because it was the first game back for the Rams. It will be the last time I go to the Colesium. I will go to the new stadium in '19, but later in the season when they get the bugs worked out.:grouphug:

Until then, its the Barco-lounger:hiding:, big screen HD, Bar-B-Q tri-tip and black and tans (Fosters Lager and Guiness) for me. No standing in line to pee and missing plays. The "stadium experience" is not my idea of fun. You youngsters have at it.:giveup: