Garrett Reynolds visiting Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
PRO
Veteran tackle who brings experience, size and strength to the Lions offensive line, having started 27 of his 52 career games played.

2014: Originally signed by the Lions during training camp before rejoining the team in Week 2 at Carolina (9/14), where he started at right tackle in place of injured T LaAdrian Waddle and T Corey Hilliard. Provided key depth along the entire offensive line with his ability to fill in at guard when needed.

• Started four games at right tackle, including Week 2 at Carolina (9/14), Week 3 vs. Green Bay (9/21), Week 4 at New York Jets (9/28) and Week 8 at Atlanta (10/26).
  • Saw action at the back-up tackle position in Week 17 at Green Bay (12/28).
  • Blocked for Lions QB Matthew Stafford as he threw for 323 yards in the NFC Wild Card game at Dallas (1/4) as he filled in for injured G Travis Swanson
2013: Started 10 games for the Atlanta Falcons at guard and played in 15 on the season.

2012: Began the season in a starting role along the Falcons’ offensive line.

• Blocked for RB Michael Turner as he set a franchise record with his 26th 100-yard game against Carolina (9/30).
  • Was placed on Reserve/Injured after seven games.
2011: Earned a starting role for the Falcons and played all 16 regular-season games.

• Key cog of the offensive line that helped Falcons produce a record-setting 28 first downs against Washington (10/7).
  • Starting member of the offensive line that did not allow a sack on 42 pass attempts at Seattle (10/2).
2010: Was inactive for the season.

2009: Played five games for the Falcons as a rookie.

COLLEGE
Starter for three years on both the offensive and defensive lines while attending North Carolina.

• Selected as First-Team All-ACC by the ACC Sports Journal and Second-Team All-ACC by the Associated Press.
  • Placed on the 2008 Lombardi Award Watch List.
PERSONAL
Attended Carter High School in Tennessee, where he is the only student athlete ever to make it to the NFL.

• Nephew of former 49ers and Rams linebacker, Jack “Hacksaw” Reynolds
http://www.detroitlions.com/team/roster/Garrett-Reynolds/c76f96fa-f8f2-4bc2-b9ea-ebe57a7dc7e5

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
no no guys your missing the point w/ his visit. He's the leverage needed to scare the Wiz and Barks too sign w/ us quicker..

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sigh... I'd rather bring Hacksaw back on the Oline right now.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Reynolds was solid for the Falcons when he played and I believe would've been a starter his last year there at RT if he didn't get hurt in the preseason.

I hope we're not counting on him for more than depth because of his injury history but he does have talent.

One of those ability vs. availability guys.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Reynolds was solid for the Falcons when he played and I believe would've been a starter last year if he didn't get hurt in the preseason.

I hope we're not counting on him for more than depth because of his injury history but he does have talent.

One of those ability vs. availability guys.
Hope your right. He's only 27

Sum1

Hall of Fame
If anything he would be depth for us
Really? I mean, he seems like a prototypical backup type player but I think we need to actually have some starters figured out before we anoint anyone a backup.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'll let them figure it out. As I see it, Reynolds shouldn't start. As depth maybe.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
This is for depth. Not only do we need three new starters at this point, we also need backups.

WestCoastRam

Legend
We need a Guard, a Center, a RT and a backup tackle and a backup guard if I'm being really honest about our oline. Hell, right now we could throw a dart into free agency and hit someone who could at least fill one of these spots. I can't criticize this.

RamBill

Legend
Nick Wagoner ‏@nwagoner

If indeed Rams add OL Garrett Reynolds, would think it's a move for depth more than set as a starter. We'll see but hasn't profiled as more.

Psycho_X

Legend
He's a good depth signing as he has also played RT... all though not well. Marginally better than Joseph is but he is better so a slight upgrade so far. Hopefully he's depth though and Blalock is still coming here.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hopefully, this is purely for depth purposes.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When it comes to fixing the Oline problems, we're throwing marshmallows at a battleship. :cry:

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Garrett Reynolds - G - Rams
Rams signed G/T Garrett Reynolds, formerly of the Lions.

Reynolds appeared in 10 games (four starts) as a versatile reserve for Detroit last year. He has the ability to play both guard and right tackle, and knows OL coach Paul Boudreau's scheme from their time in Atlanta. Reynolds' signing suggests the Rams will move on from free agent RT Joseph Barksdale.

Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter
Mar 18 - 4:28 PM

tahoe

Pro Bowler
you would think that a coach that is hell bent on running the ball would value the offensive line more than Fisher apparently does

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
JMO but Reynolds is more or less Adam Goldberg. That's fine if all you need is a versatile depth guy. But I hope they're not planning on him starting. I really hope to see them sign Blalock and Barksdale.