VENT Garbage Game Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also, time for Mcvay to face facts. He's not so much of a genius that he can just scheme 30 ppg year in and year out. We need special players at skill positions. most offenses have at least one. We can't keep trotting out decent weapons and expect to win. If Goff's your qb then drown him with weapons because he clearly can't elevate guys.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I6ClaU3.jpg

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I've given up on Goff. Not sure how you can be in year 5 and not learn from the same mistakes that you make EVERY SINGLE GAME.

If we lose Staley and we cant find a close enough coordinator to replace him, its gonna be back to the basement we go.
I think Goff is struggling because the coach has a strangle hold on him and just keeps calling the same plays.

The Ramowl

Starter
The offense is so devoid of creativity, this team has become so boring to watch.
I've always been pro-Goff, but this is unacceptable now. If we miss the playoffs, he might actually get traded.
We need a better punt returner.
Matt Gay is good.
The defense has been playing well. I think they get deflated by the terrible performances of the offense.

Can we get some anger on offense for the Cardinals game ? Come on.

fearsomefour

Legend
Both defenses played well and played hard.
Seattle has a special QB.
Rams do not.
Rams are better any time Webster is not on the field.
That is the first tackle I remember Reynolds’s breaking. Every other time hes knocked back and has never won a contested ball. Maybe fuck head (he was NOT giving himself up, you could tell by his reaction) should see the inside of the weight room.
The TEs were particularly terrible today.
Rams O is shot.
Nothing there with the roll out passes today.....just keep doing it, no matter what.
Under 6 yards per attempt....pathetic.
Even if the Rams make the playoffs I doubt they will be capable of doing anything.
But hey, at least we look forward to not having a first round pick again.
Four plays starting inside the Seattle two and nothing.
The team does deserve to make the playoffs.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Goff is just slow. Remember Hard Knocks his rookie year? Maybe he really is just dense.

What are our options? At this point - I would rather have Fitzmagic, Wentz, or door number 3

Financially, are we locked in? Or is there an out somehow?

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Beginning to feel like McVays knowledge has been blown out of proportion. What do we really got?

fearsomefour

Legend
The offense is so devoid of creativity, this team has become so boring to watch.
I've always been pro-Goff, but this is unacceptable now. If we miss the playoffs, he might actually get traded.
We need a better punt returner.
Matt Gay is good.
The defense has been playing well. I think they get deflated by the terrible performances of the offense.

Can we get some anger on offense for the Cardinals game ? Come on.
Zero chance you can trade him with that albatross fucking contract.
Why give up picks for a guy when you could sign an Andy Dalton or even a Fitzpatrick.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Goff sucks, McVay cannot call enough high school plays to make him effective

I wonder if Mcvay is calling conservative plays because he’s trying not to put the offense on Goff?

Seattle just took away the play action boot leg and our offense was toast.
Its not hard to see that McVay has limited his offense to a handful of plays. Part of it is on our personnel, we don't have a burner to stretch defenses. The other part is Goff! Even dinking and dunking he makes stupid plays. What is a coach to do in that situation? He can't bench the kid, he can't make defenses stop shutting down the five plays he DOES call - he's in a shitty situation as a play caller.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
This is an offense problem. And that is 100% on McVay.

I am over this stupid style of offense he tries week after week.

He is showing his youth.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Goff's decision making is killing us. McVay isn't making necessary adjustments and continues to disappoint in the red zone. Defense was great. Special teams and offense mainly sucked, outside of Gay, Kupp, and Woods. McVay needs to do some soul searching and make some adjustments heading into the playoffs. We really need Whitworth back.

But at the end of the day, if we beat the Cardinals, we play Seattle again in two weeks. We can beat those guys, especially if Whitworth plays. So let's go beat the Cardinals.
I'm not sure if we can beat Seattle again.
Even when Goff had any time at all, which wasn't often, Seattle's defense was sitting on our wr's routes.
We desperately need oline help and a deep threat.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's exactly what he's doing. This team would be superbowl contender with Kirk Cousins. Think about that lol.

It's not what he's doing. Some of it is McVay's failings, some of it is our personnel shortcomings, and some of it is Goff. We have a lot more wrong with this offense than some of you like to pretend. Goff has sucked since Miami. But he's not the only problem. We have no deep threat. That's why we throw the dink and dunk shit. And our OL is as streaky as our QB. Now, we have two injured HBs and are left with the guy who looks like he's running in slow motion. Kirk Cousins isn't going to magically fix our problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.