GAME THREAD: Rams at Falcons

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Graphicker said:
bwdenverram said:
Graphicker said:
That Falcons Guard just shoved Hayes from the back.. But again no flag.

He can do that on a tipped pass. It's not ilegal.

Oh word? Did not know that..

That's why pass interference is waived if the ball is tipped on a pass. Once it's tipped, it's a live ball.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Well that half sucked

Let's hope it is completely reversed next half

Our D has not looked good vs. Cardinals or Falcons

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Bottom line is when you couple a sound QB with a good O line and a lot of weapons, you get games like this sometimes. This is where the Rams are headed, they just aren't there yet.

I'm more interested at this point to see how they respond (if at all). It's a game of halves, let's see what adjustments they make.

I don't think they can catch them, but they could make it respectable.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Most of us agreed, "cut the head off of Cook" and see how the other receivers respond in the "wear the other hat" thread. Lets see how they respond.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Well, for the second half... I hope to see offense get some TD's and defense hold ATL to maybe a couple FGs.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Man, that pick six really hurt us. It's partially on Sam, I'd say it's mostly the play calling that got us to that, the defense was expecting dump offs, and started playing really close to the LOS and aggressively. Schotty has to do a better job of mixing it up.

I didn't expect to win this game, but we've got to at least do a better job in the 2nd half. Gotta stop spotting them points and giving up highlight reel plays to their offense.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
brokeu91 said:
Well that half sucked

Well, if you take out the Jones TD, which was all Jenkins, we've only given up 150 total yards.
Now I didn't see anything before it was 7-0 but if I hadn't watched the game I wouldn't think it was that bad.

Sadly, we have had the ball 3 minutes more but haven't had the TO's we need.

But compared to last year I'm really shocked by the D. No real pressure and WTF is Jenkins doing.
Come on guys!.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
SECOND HALF KEYS:

We get the ball first. The game looks a whole lot different if we score 7 on our first possession of the 2nd half.

Swap out Pettis for Quick. We need to create some match-ups and this whole Pettis starter thing has run its course... and it's turned out exactly as we thought it would. :snooze:

Can we do something with Tavon? To me; it looks like we don't know what to do with him.

Get Cook involved. He had a reputation of giving less than 100% at times and I caught him loafing some in this half. Not cool.

Hit Ryan! It might take some blitzing... so do it!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yamahopper said:
2nd half 3 td's down just open it up, no huddle, clean out the playbook time.

I see no downside to the no-huddle.

I hate to keep pounding on Schotty... but I am not impressed last week or this week early in games. He's been out-schemed both weeks.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
A TD on the 2nd half opening drive will say a lot...just saying. Now get that fuckin TD!

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
It just seemz to me there are to many planned dumps to the rb there have been a few times now bradford didnt even bother looking down field

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Our secondary is what's killing us. They have negative rushing yards but they have been unstoppable in the passing game. We have been getting pressure but the coverage is so soft that they have a man open every play.

But this is why there is a second half! :crossed:

Memphis Ram

Legend
bwdenverram said:
brokeu91 said:
Well that half sucked

Well, if you take out the Jones TD, which was all Jenkins, we've only given up 150 total yards.
Now I didn't see anything before it was 7-0 but if I hadn't watched the game I wouldn't think it was that bad.

Sadly, we have had the ball 3 minutes more but haven't had the TO's we need.

But compared to last year I'm really shocked by the D. No real pressure and WTF is Jenkins doing.
Come on guys!.

How about Chris Long's offsides penalty on the first scoring drive when they had them stopped? Should have been a 3 and out.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Just keep on working down the field. Speed up our offense...and slow theirs down. They have a problem as they can't run on us, so if we can force a break or two we can climb back in the game........ Now I'm not kidding anyone....it will be tough just to make a game of it....but we can do it.......

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Ive gotta say i hate this kickoff rule never any returns gets boring touchback after touchback