Game Day Thread: Rams at Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
I'm not being adversarial here...but Gurley hasn't done a thing yet. I look to Mason first, until Gurley shows me something. I hope he does well as you do...but I think to many fans are stepping over Mason...and he has been proven last year.

Ohhh come off it. Nobody is stepping on Mason. Mason is a solid RB at worst. Gurley, on the other hand, is largely regarded as a franchise RB. It's the difference between Clinton Portis and AP.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm confident the defense will show up. AZ is used to scoring but they won't get much on our defense. But can our offense do anything?

The problem with our offense is, its no secret what we want to do. We want to run come hell or high water we're going to commit to it. But we're not good at it. So defenses can easily stop what we want to do. Force us into 3rd and long. Not many teams can be successful when they're consistently facing 3rd and long. Doesn't help that we ain't too good at 3rd and medium.

Maybe they oughta try and switch things up. Throw a lot early. Maybe pass to set up the run. Its not like running to set up the pass has been working.

RamWoodie

Legend
Ohhh come off it. Nobody is stepping on Mason. Mason is a solid RB at worst. Gurley, on the other hand, is largely regarded as a franchise RB. It's the difference between Clinton Portis and AP.
Read what I said! I said...I said "I THINK" I didn't say that was the case!

You just said "Gurley is REGARDED as a franchise RB"...and I don't argue that point. The fact is...that it still remains to be seen though...and until I see that...I ride with Mason.

I hope that's ok with you...and notice I didn't READ INTO what you said...as you obviously READ INTO what I said.

RamWoodie

Legend
I'm confident the defense will show up. AZ is used to scoring but they won't get much on our defense. But can our offense do anything?

The problem with our offense is, its no secret what we want to do. We want to run come hell or high water we're going to commit to it. But we're not good at it. So defenses can easily stop what we want to do. Force us into 3rd and long. Not many teams can be successful when they're consistently facing 3rd and long. Doesn't help that we ain't too good at 3rd and medium.

Maybe they oughta try and switch things up. Throw a lot early. Maybe pass to set up the run. Its not like running to set up the pass has been working.
I think the problem is obvious though..(to me it is anyway)...the Rams are trying not to do too much with this young inexperienced OLine...and we just have to be patient with that until it's obvious the line is more solid and they staff feels they can open things up.

When will that be though...sooner or later??? :censored:

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just hoping to avoid a rams Monday hangover .

A55VA6

Legend
Cardinals wearing black jerseys, white pants
Rams wearing white jerseys, blue pants

Rams inactives: QB Mannion, SS Alexander, RB Reynolds, OT Williams, OT Donnal, DE Sims (Only 6 due to only 52 on roster, RB Trey Watts will be on 53 Monday)

Cardinals inactives; OG Larsen, RB Ellington, WR Nelson, OT Humprhies, LB Riddick, and DT Williams.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Mason is and was better than solid my Ram bro...and he's still the starter at RB, as it should be. If Gurley can be "game changing" and prove better than Mason...I'm all for it...but as it stands, Mason is proven!

As a rookie he had 179 rushes for 795 yards and 16 receptions for 148 yards. You do realize Mason was 20th in rushing??? That's nothing to shake a stick at.

This is my point...don't think Gurley is going to just take the spot from Mason.

Last game I saw little more bounce in Mason's step. Could be he's finally recovered from the hamstring. Could be he's determined to show something with all the focus on Gurley's first start.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Big challenge for the Rams secondary today. The Ram defense was 9th in the league this week.

When it comes to the Dline...I still have the Washington game in my mind, because the Skins showed the Rams vulnerable to to sweeps, which means Long and Quinn have to up their game there. I actually think the Rams weren't prepared well for that game.

I'd like to see DEFENSIVE DOMINANCE today!!! (y)

The Skins taught us a lesson that could be gold today. I'll take that in trade if it means a second NFCW win.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Baseball Cardinals lost 0-6. That's how much the Rams mojo is affecting the cosmos.

RamWoodie

Legend
Last game I saw little more bounce in Mason's step. Could be he's finally recovered from the hamstring. Could be he's determined to show something with all the focus on Gurley's first start.
I agree...and that's what I'm saying. I don't want this to turn into a long debate on the two of them. The only point I made is it *seems* many have overlooked Mason already when Gurley hasn't been on the field a whole lot.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Read what I said! I said...I said "I THINK" I didn't say that was the case!

You just said "Gurley is REGARDED as a franchise RB"...and I don't argue that point. The fact is...that it still remains to be seen though...and until I see that...I ride with Mason.

I hope that's ok with you...and notice I didn't READ INTO what you said...as you obviously READ INTO what I said.
Sorry, jeez. I'm paying attention to three different games right now. KC, JAC, and PHI...

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Got Foles in my fantasy! Hoping for his best game yet! Go Rams!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Going to miss the 2nd half for work duty. Fuck me.
Go Rams!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

I'm running screens to Gurley/Mason all day. That's what AZ is gonna do on offense.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
" Let's get ready to Rummmble!"
temp20130824_StlDEN_004--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg