CAMP REPORT Fri Aug-17 Final Camp Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Can't...we all...just get along?" ~Rodney LoyalRam

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So Mannion didn't look good with 2nd stringers vs 2nd stringers but all of a sudden he'll look good with 1st teams vs 1st teams? Logic gap there is huge.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just sayin, he's never had that chance OS. I've NEVER said he'd prove to be better.

I HAVE said, given that chance, and he still looks like crap, I'll get on the bandwagon with y'all to run him out of town.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He hasn't taken advantage of the chances he's had as of yet. Playing with better players likely means he's playing against better players and isn't likely to change anything

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
But you don't know he won't be better. You assume he won't be better.

Playing with better players will just make those players worse?

If Mannion plays like he did last week this whole conversation is moot.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So Mannion didn't look good with 2nd stringers vs 2nd stringers but all of a sudden he'll look good with 1st teams vs 1st teams? Logic gap there is huge.
Wasn’t he playing mostly against the ones of Balt? Not sure this applies.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
That depth chart. McVay subscribes to the Phil Jackson philosophy, rookies gotta earn their time.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
But you don't know he won't be better. You assume he won't be better.

Playing with better players will just make those players worse?

If Mannion plays like he did last week this whole conversation is moot.
To be fair, he won't be better but he might maybe possibly look better because he's playing with a better supporting cast. It will either highlight his strengths and hide his flaws or, what usually happens when a backup plays with the ones against the ones, it will highlight them and we'll all say "wow, he's the backup for a reason."

I think it will just highlight how he isn't as good as Goff, but that's conjecture.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
To me, and I respect those posting their opinions, Mannion doesn’t pass the eyeball test, in games played, regardless of the variables.

I can’t figure it out though. He shows in practice, he has so much going for him, coaches son, knowledge of offense at this point, good guy. I want him to succeed he just hasn’t...

I hope either he or Allen knocks it out this next Preseason game, because I just want a competent back up quarterback I don’t care who his name is.

jjab360

Legend
Are we really not going to play our 1s all preseason? I'd hate to see a repeat of what happened against Atlanta, going in cold into week 1...

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
To be fair to mannion, it should be noted, that the last 2 times we saw him play he was our 2s against there ones. Thier teams highly motavated to ours not so much. He has played ok and produced some scoring at times in the preseason, 2s against 2s. That being said, I think his release and his feet are to slow and he has not had any wow moments.
About playing with the ones. He isn't In competition with Goff, so not necessary for evaluation.