French fries. How do you eat them?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Fries are like sex...It's all good just some is better than others.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
HeiseNBerg said:
Depends on where I'm eating -- typically, I just eat them as is without dipping them in anything (I'll throw some extra salt on, if they're lacking).

But Arby's is the exception -- curly fries in Horsey Sauce is the shizznit! Try it sometime -- damn tasty.
I like to cut my horsey sauce with Arby's sauce.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Im a mayo guy, i like to mix Tabasco with the mayo.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
Memento said:
I guess I'm pretty weird then. I hate sauces for the most part (except BBQ sauce with certain barbequed meats). I eat my fries plain.
There are only a few kinds of fries that you can eat plain.
I don't know how many of you have an Arby's up by you, but their curly fries are the shit.

Plain is the way to go. If they are good fries then they taste great that way. And bad fries are just gross anyway so... Our fries are as simple as it gets. We cut the potatoes into a water bath, grab a handful, fry them in rice bran oil, throw them in a bowl and lightly salt them. Done. And nothing needs to go on them.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
RamFan503 said:
X said:
Memento said:
I guess I'm pretty weird then. I hate sauces for the most part (except BBQ sauce with certain barbequed meats). I eat my fries plain.
There are only a few kinds of fries that you can eat plain.
I don't know how many of you have an Arby's up by you, but their curly fries are the shit.

Plain is the way to go. If they are good fries then they taste great that way. And bad fries are just gross anyway so... Our fries are as simple as it gets. We cut the potatoes into a water bath, grab a handful, fry them in rice bran oil, throw them in a bowl and lightly salt them. Done. And nothing needs to go on them.

I'm curious if you use a bit of sugar in the water.......I've heard a few times that is one of those "kitchen secrets" that not many people know about.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
LesBaker said:
I'm curious if you use a bit of sugar in the water.......I've heard a few times that is one of those "kitchen secrets" that not many people know about.

Nope. Never heard that one. We actually battle with the whole sugar thing. If a potato has a high sugar content (not talking sweet potatoes or yams) they will usually brown too fast.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
This may be kinda weird, but if I'm getting nuggets I'll eat them sometimes with honey mustard. Usually just ketchup though.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
I like em with just a little salt. I've also been ordering garlic fries whenever I come across a place that makes them. Never been a fan of dipping fries in any sauces. Same with my burgers... Cheese, lettuce, and maybe a couple pickle slices.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
My favorite way to eat fries is with a mixture of an aioli and ketchup. One of my favorite restaurants has a horseradish aioli that is perfect for fries.

Even though an aioli is basically a fancier more complex mayo, if theres no aioli Ill only eat fries with with ketchup. Doesnt really make any sense.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
LesBaker said:
I like them, when I eat them which is rarely, with lots of blue cheese.

Years ago I used to travel to Montreal and Quebec City on biz. As a side note I highly recommend visiting Montreal. I was out with my customer and he ordered fries something or other and they came out in this delicious gravy and topped with chunks of cheese. Beer and fries are two things they do well up there lol.

You got to be kidding? BLUE CHEESE ??????

bluecoconuts

Legend
classicpony said:
LesBaker said:

Years ago I used to travel to Montreal and Quebec City on biz. As a side note I highly recommend visiting Montreal. I was out with my customer and he ordered fries something or other and they came out in this delicious gravy and topped with chunks of cheese. Beer and fries are two things they do well up there lol.

If it was poutine then it was cheese curds.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Ketchup with pepper, or Tabasco sauce mixed in. I like chili cheese fries, and nacho (carne asada) fries also. I like fries in a bar, I like fries in a car...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
bluecoconuts said:
classicpony said:
LesBaker said:

If it was poutine then it was cheese curds.

Yeah up there it was......but I love a little blue cheese with some fries.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Franks Wing sauce if I can get it. Arbys sowse is awesome too. Went to a place called Empire Burger in Breckenridge a couple of years ago and they had a Fry sauce MENU. They had at least 10 different custom jrnx. One was a curry mix and it was ridonculous. Damn I am hungry...

EDIT: Apprently it is 20 sauces. Burgers were best I have had in a restaurant also. Check it out if u are ever in that cool ass lil town.

<a class="postlink" href="http://empireburger.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://empireburger.com/</a>

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Faceplant said:
Franks Wing sauce if I can get it. Arbys sowse is awesome too. Went to a place called Empire Burger in Breckenridge a couple of years ago and they had a Fry sauce MENU. They had at least 10 different custom jrnx. One was a curry mix and it was ridonculous. Damn I am hungry...

EDIT: Apprently it is 20 sauces. Burgers were best I have had in a restaurant also. Check it out if u are ever in that cool ass lil town.

<a class="postlink" href="http://empireburger.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://empireburger.com/</a>

Breck is a great place to eat,went to the Butterhorn in Frisco on the 4th ,love the cranberry ice tea,the pizza at Extreme Pizza is damn good too. Lots of small boutique restaurants there to choose from.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Thordaddy said:
Faceplant said:

Breck is a great place to eat,went to the Butterhorn in Frisco on the 4th ,love the cranberry ice tea,the pizza at Extreme Pizza is damn good too. Lots of small boutique restaurants there to choose from.

No doubt. That area is amazing. Went there for an early spring wedding and had a blast. Four seasons in a day. Stayed up partying til 3am in t-shirts and jeans, woke up to 11" of fresh powder. :shock: Also, Breckenridge Brewery was awesome. Had their Vanilla Porter with dinner and was hooked. Made my local liquor store order it when I got back to MD, and they have been selling all the BB flavors ever since. Good times..