Fowler to the Falcons

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
Really liked what Fowler brought, but obviously not at this price (which we can't afford). Next man up.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Really liked what Fowler brought, but obviously not at this price (which we can't afford). Next man up.

I thought Obo looked pretty good in his limited snaps last year. Ebukam is at least servicable. Hoping Polite can make the final roster, want to see what he can do.

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
I thought Obo looked pretty good in his limited snaps last year. Ebukam is at least servicable. Hoping Polite can make the final roster, want to see what he can do.

I thought so as well, but you always run the risk that they are not ready or can't adjust to the new system. (See : Allen, Brian Noteboom, Joseph)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
With Staley taking over I bit of retooling on defense should expected.

With the Rams close to the cap, big spending shouldn’t be expected.

Realistically it will take another full offseason for Staley to mold the defense into what he wants.

Keeping an aging Brockers, and signing Littleton or Fowler are win now moves that would hinder the rebuild for Staley.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can not hold on to any of our real quality free agents.

And have not acquired a single one.

This opening season in our new palace is already feeling flat.
but hey, you get to get a $20 beer at the new place!

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Good for Fowler. He earned his payday with his hard work and play on the field. I still am glad we passed at that price tag. I do not view him to be as big of an impact player as his numbers last year would suggest. He seemed to be too hot and cold for my liking, often getting a bunch of his production in a handful of contests. The numbers might prove me wrong on that, but that was what the eye test told me. To his credit, he was surprisingly stout against the run, and also seemed to show up well in big games.

The 3rd round comp pick certainly eases the sting of losing him.

Our pass rush definitely takes a hit with this one. Best of luck in Atlanta, Dante.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
After the past couple years with all the big name free agents and high expectations im warming up to the fact that most of our players are going to be small time guys. Instead of the Rams not living up to expectations now we can go back to being an underdog that sneaks up on teams with up and coming players. Maybe I'm being too optimistic but stranger things have happened.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I'll miss Fowler's intensity. Always seemed like a bit of a thug. I don't want an OLB being nice to small WR's running reverses. I forget who it was but it was a red zone stop play he made, clobbered some small ball carrier, hit him like a semi -- Dante didn't even slow down.

Thanks for everything Dante!! GL in the ATL.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So what are we doing? Only sign guys with unrealized potential on one year prove it contracts? If they prove it, we get the next damaged good guy? Not sure about this...

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I'll miss Fowler's intensity. Always seemed like a bit of a thug. I don't want an OLB being nice to small WR's running reverses. I forget who it was but it was a red zone stop play he made, clobbered some small ball carrier, hit him like a semi -- Dante didn't even slow down.

Thanks for everything Dante!! GL in the ATL.

He absolutely trucked Zeke against the Cowboys in our playoff run to the Super Bowl, too. He definitely brought a physical presence to the team which will be missed.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So what are we doing? Only sign guys with unrealized potential on one year prove it contracts? If they prove it, we get the next damaged good guy? Not sure about this...
Like we did with Fowler? He was a major bust and he cleaned up AD's leavings for 2 years with an occasional win on his own and got $16 million a year for it. We have Matthews, Floyd and a lot of youth now not really worried about it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like we did with Fowler? He was a major bust and he cleaned up AD's leavings for 2 years with an occasional win on his own and got $16 million a year for it. We have Matthews, Floyd and a lot of youth now not really worried about it.
homer

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Wow....we are hemorrhaging good D players.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Funny I have been locked on this FA period and make a post sharing my concern of losing players without a single agreement with others.

Then within a couple hours:

Blythe
Floyd
Whit

Something cosmic going on here.:cool:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Too much.
Maybe.
Any number would have been too much if he had been re-signed, that's for sure. FA reaction amuses me every year. It's expensive and gets more expensive every year. It's like rent.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe.
Any number would have been too much if he had been re-signed, that's for sure. FA reaction amuses me every year. It's expensive and gets more expensive every year. It's like rent.
I think most everybody thought last year it was way too much. I get the contracts getting bigger it’s what I keep saying about OLine free agents.