Found this---"From the Insider"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
cant wait until the draft is here and then everyone can debate who they really picked!

jjab360

Legend
There is no way Mack is #2 on the board. With Watkins, Robinson, and Mathews? No way.
I thought so too at first, but then I watched a ton of Mack. The guy is the true complete package, a great, great talent. Freakish strength, speed, he just does everything so well. Sheds blocks, pass rush moves, extremely high motor, doesn't give up ground in the run game, I'd love to have him on this team. Whether it's base OLB, nickel DE, even if we have to come up with a completely new hybrid defensive scheme like the Broncos did with Miller to get him on the field, I'd be okay with that.

I could easily see us thinking he's the second best talent in this draft.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Both Fisher & Williams have a history of using Nickle & Dime defenses regular and often. They prefer these DB heavy defenses. Fisher as a Ram HC in 2012 played more Nickle than base. One might argue that in 2013 he may have repeated that but the Nickle DB Finnegan & then McLeod was not up to the job. Fisher also likes using the four DE's in his Nickle & Dimes. Not sure what the new DC will do but Our DL is full of talent who can rush the QB not sure if OSLB'er Mack would fit in the Nickle & Dimes.

Even though some say he is good and other say that Mack's coverage skills is not on par with his others. That he lacks what you would want in range in coverages. Mack is NOT fluid in his drops. An where Alec Ogletree is a very good tackler in space Mack is noted for not being the most consistent tackler in space .

This guy made the same point about Mack that I did on a thread I started. On passing downs he could move to DE, with long moving to DT.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I thought so too at first, but then I watched a ton of Mack. The guy is the true complete package, a great, great talent. Freakish strength, speed, he just does everything so well. Sheds blocks, pass rush moves, extremely high motor, doesn't give up ground in the run game, I'd love to have him on this team. Whether it's base OLB, nickel DE, even if we have to come up with a completely new hybrid defensive scheme like the Broncos did with Miller to get him on the field, I'd be okay with that.

I could easily see us thinking he's the second best talent in this draft.

We finally agree on something!

jjab360

Legend
Both Fisher & Williams have a history of using Nickle & Dime defenses regular and often. They prefer these DB heavy defenses. Fisher as a Ram HC in 2012 played more Nickle than base. One might argue that in 2013 he may have repeated that but the Nickle DB Finnegan & then McLeod was not up to the job. Fisher also likes using the four DE's in his Nickle & Dimes. Not sure what the new DC will do but Our DL is full of talent who can rush the QB not sure if OSLB'er Mack would fit in the Nickle & Dimes.

Even though some say he is good and other say that Mack's coverage skills is not on par with his others. That he lacks what you would want in range in coverages. Mack is NOT fluid in his drops. An where Alec Ogletree is a very good tackler in space Mack is noted for not being the most consistent tackler in space .
Well, that's just not true, in fact I'd argue the exact opposite.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is complete BS.

"on clear passing downs they would put Quinn and Clowney at DE"

That makes no sense. Clowney may end up being a far better run defender than pass rusher. He's excellent. He has speed and very good tackling techniques. He was very very good at run defense in college.

There is no way Mack is #2 on the board. With Watkins, Robinson, and Mathews? No way.

I wouldn't say so. Makes sense. Clowney will need time to adjust in the NFL. Makes sense to ease him in at first as a situational pass rusher...like they did with Quinn.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I wouldn't say so. Makes sense. Clowney will need time to adjust in the NFL. Makes sense to ease him in at first as a situational pass rusher...like they did with Quinn.

If Clowney isn't ready to start in the NFL, who is?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Quinn
Long
Hayes
Brockers
Langford
Sims
Cudjo
Conrath

Our DLine contributors last season and all will be back.
Much easier to plug Aaron Donald into the starting four than Clowney. Both players are disruptive,strong and fast.
Push Langford onto the 2nd unit with Cudjo,Hayes and Sims. Give me Donald all day at #13(hopefully he's there) and draft Robinson/Matthews at the top or preferably in a small trade down for an extra 2nd rounder.
Thats my plan :)

RamzFanz

Damnit
Quinn
Long
Hayes
Brockers
Langford
Sims
Cudjo
Conrath

Much easier to plug Aaron Donald into the starting four than Clowney. Both players are disruptive,strong and fast.
Push Langford onto the 2nd unit with Cudjo,Hayes and Sims. Give me Donald all day at #13(hopefully he's there) and draft Robinson/Matthews at the top or preferably in a small trade down for an extra 2nd rounder.

The cool thing in my mind is I like your plan fine. I like mine better, but the only way the Rams screw this up in my opinion is trade too deep.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah trading too deep would be a mistake. The Rams don't have many glaring weaknesses and now is the time to put some real difference makers on the team. Trading too far back will take them out of the running for a top impact guy.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we let Kevin Costner make the pick, win the girl, and save the world, and be home before 5:00 PM to bone the maid.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Quinn
Long
Hayes
Brockers
Langford
Sims
Cudjo
Conrath

I'd be happy with that. Fortify the lines. That is how you win.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I could be wrong.....but it might even work in the mid term.
See? But there's the problem. It only works for terms. What about the big splash plays that win the SB in the first game or two of the season?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
See? But there's the problem. It only works for terms. What about the big splash plays that win the SB in the first game or two of the season?
What we do is install pools in the end zones, and have all of our beef jump in them...BAM, biggest splash plays in the NFL, after Bou teaches them how to cannonball correctly.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What we do is install pools in the end zones, and have all of our beef jump in them...BAM, biggest splash plays in the NFL, after Bou teaches them how to cannonball correctly.
I'd feel bad for the last one in. No water left.