Foles vs Keenum!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
To chalk it up simply as Fisher needing a better OC is not doing enough in my opinion to discredit Fisher and crew.

Philly and Vikings not only have the better OC, they're better in the trenches, better defensively, and much more focused and disciplined than whatever Jeff Fisher was doing here.

Fisher though was better in having his teams commit 15 yard person foul penalties or having his QBs killed by Gregg Robinson.

(on a side note, nothing these two guys did this weekend makes me not want to do the Goff trade again)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have a hard time rooting for the Minnesota Vikings franchise after all the crap I had to put up with through the 70’s and I’m not a big fan of Philadelphia either so for me the NFC Championship game blows chunks.
I just want, who ever Wins the NFC, to Destroy the Pats in the SB!! "IF" the Pats get past the Jags!!!!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Since you asked: no, not really. Would I rather have any of those guys over Goff? Nope.

IF they had gone on to sign with some offensively-impaired team like the Rams had been for the last dozen or so years and STILL lit it up, then maybe I'd be a little ticked.

Sorry, dude - I can't muster the angst here.
Do you think the Vikings would be in the same position with Bradford? I do. That’s why I have hard time praising Keenum. I think you can insert literally any QB into the lineup, and they’ll produce the same way. Maybe it’s the media I’m angry at. But 5 years from now, Keenum will barely be remembered when he’s on his 5th team as a backup.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I hate the cheatiots and the viqueens more than the other 2 teams... so my wish would be for Philly and Jax to play in the Super Bowl.

But if I can't have that... I'd wish that Minnesota and Jax get there. That would mean that the 2 starting QBs in the Super Bowl would both be from the American Athletic Conference... you know... the Conference that UCF plays in... the ones who were hosed out of a chance to play in the college playoffs because they're not in a "Power" Conference. Case played for Houston and Blake played for UCF of course.

@Ramrasta

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Do you think the Vikings would be in the same position with Bradford? I do. That’s why I have hard time praising Keenum. I think you can insert literally any QB into the lineup, and they’ll produce the same way. Maybe it’s the media I’m angry at. But 5 years from now, Keenum will barely be remembered when he’s on his 5th team as a backup.
Yeah, but....why be angry at all?!?

The Rams' offensive scheme was downright dreadful while those guys were here - they did what they could with what they were given (shaky OL, sub-par WR corps, and a playbook devoid of innovation and/or imagination).

I'd rather appreciate the fact that the dumpster fire offense is long gone than begrudge those former players for experiencing success elsewhere.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Yeah, but....why be angry at all?!?

The Rams' offensive scheme was downright dreadful while those guys were here - they did what they could with what they were given (shaky OL, sub-par WR corps, and a playbook devoid of innovation and/or imagination).

I'd rather appreciate the fact that the dumpster fire offense is long gone than begrudge those former players for experiencing success elsewhere.
I would appreciate it more if Keenum wasn’t an average QB. I knew Goff would be good. His accuracy, touch, makes every throw, pocket presence. It was all there as a rookie. Keenum is just playing backyard football. Which is cool and all. But it’s the same reason I can’t stand Russell Wilson. A lot of it is luck and just heaving moon balls. It makes me angry as fan to watch that and then hear the media suck him off for it.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I have to disagree with that. I think that at this point in their careers Keenum is the better player. Had Captain Injury been playing all these year, it could have been a different story, but right now, Keenum is the one reading defenses and playing at the top of his game.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
Meh... that's cool that people that we gave up on are doing great elsewhere...? I'd rather a Rams current QB be competing for a Superbowl

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tom Brady's going to get destroyed by that Jacksonville defense next week.
New England is gonna roll Jacksonville and be in the SB.
I'm not that sure... who was the head coach of the NYG when they beat the undefeated NE in that super bowl?
Sure, Coughlin is'n the Head Coach... but he laid down the blue print for beating them which isn't really rocket science (pressure the hell out of Brady).
And... JAX has the manpower to bring that heat (2nd in the league with 55 sacks).
I have this feeling that Brady will be under siege all day and might... just might... end up on the losing end of the stick.

Really, this would be a great movie. The Fall of Jeff Fisher and the 2016 Rams, with three disparaged QB's in the playoffs in 2017. There has never been a story like that in the NFL.
Fish is probably talking to a reporter right now and taking credit for Foles and Keenum.
Thanks Jeff... for wasting at least 3 years of my fandom.