Foles vs Keenum!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
....with the least offensive fan-bases of the remaining teams. :rockon:
When the ROD crew met up down in Jacksonville for the game, they seemed to be really cool with the fact that we are in town enjoying Jacksonville.
They were cool at the stadium as well.

We even had one ROD member who was "slightly" inebriated rag on them at 1 in the morning when everybody was drunk and every one of them just laughed it off.

I've seen games in about seven or eight different cities and those were easily the coolest fans I've ever run into.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
next weeks game is going to be 3-0. we will see how these two QBs play against top D's

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
New England is gonna roll Jacksonville and be in the SB.
I can’t take it.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
I can’t fathom how anyone is happy about this. I rather see Brady win his 6th. At least he’s good enough to be there.
It isn't like Keenum, Foles, or Bradford did the Rams wrong by leaving.

The Bradford-for-Foles trade flew in the face of public declarations of "Sam's our guy" just weeks before the trigger was pulled on that deal. Sam could have ripped the Rams for that move, but he didn't.

Foles may have been a little butt-hurt by the Rams' drafting of Goff (leading to his request for release), so maybe in HIS case, you've got a point.

Keenum, on the other hand, was the consummate team player. He knew he was holding down the fort until JG16 was game-ready, and he accepted his role without bitching to the media or stirring up drama in the locker room. I'm happy for Keenum's current success, and I hope he runs the table. And I don't remember the Rams even trying to keep him around for 2017 -- so I can't really fault him for signing elsewhere.

Yes, it would be nicer if our Rams were still alive in the playoff hunt; but as a small consolation, Case Keenum is a feel-good storyline for this year's postseason.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
New England is gonna roll Jacksonville and be in the SB.
I can’t take it.
giphy.gif

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
It isn't like Keenum, Foles, or Bradford did the Rams wrong by leaving.

The Bradford-for-Foles trade flew in the face of public declarations of "Sam's our guy" just weeks before the trigger was pulled on that deal. Sam could have ripped the Rams for that move, but he didn't.

Foles may have been a little butt-hurt by the Rams' drafting of Goff (leading to his request for release), so maybe in HIS case, you've got a point.

Keenum, on the other hand, was the consummate team player. He knew he was holding down the fort until JG16 was game-ready, and he accepted his role without bitching to the media or stirring up drama in the locker room. I'm happy for Keenum's current success, and I hope he runs the table. And I don't remember the Rams even trying to keep him around for 2017 -- so I can't really fault him for signing elsewhere.

Yes, it would be nicer if our Rams were still alive in the playoff hunt; but as a small consolation, Case Keenum is a feel-good storyline for this year's postseason.
My problem isn’t with them personally. It’s how they contributed to the team. How many times did we see Foles and Keenum throw a fucking crushing INT? Or a pick six that completely obliterated the teams morale? Doesn’t it piss you off even a little that these dudes just shit all over the field for us and then waltz onto these teams and start winning? I’m not okay with it.

NFL players don’t just magically become good. They are what they are. I’ve seen improvement year to year. But deep down inside, the real Case Keenum and Nick Foles are there. Foles is being carried by his team so it doesn’t bother me as much. But Case is actually playing well. And I know it’s going to come down to a crashing hault eventually. I’m just waiting for everyone else to realize it.

nighttrain

Legend
My problem isn’t with them personally. It’s how they contributed to the team. How many times did we see Foles and Keenum throw a freaking crushing INT? Or a pick six that completely obliterated the teams morale? Doesn’t it tick you off even a little that these dudes just crap all over the field for us and then waltz onto these teams and start winning? I’m not okay with it.

NFL players don’t just magically become good. They are what they are. I’ve seen improvement year to year. But deep down inside, the real Case Keenum and Nick Foles are there. Foles is being carried by his team so it doesn’t bother me as much. But Case is actually playing well. And I know it’s going to come down to a crashing hault eventually. I’m just waiting for everyone else to realize it.
three names for you, Quick, the end with 1000 yds, and some Cook, couldn't catch
train

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Bradford
Case
Foles
Three quarterbacks that Fisher tried to destroy will be playing for championships next week.

Still don't get the Fisher hate, we were an OC away from being in the playoffs with him in my mind. He always said that he thought Keenum was good enough to take the Rams on a playoff run...

Bradford is Captain Injury and needs to hang up his cleats.

And Foles never recovered from that illegal hit in Green Bay.

Give these player (and Fisher) some slack guys...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still don't get the Fisher hate, we were an OC away from being in the playoffs with him
That's why the "Fisher hate"
Because we were an OC away from being in the playoffs and he refused to upgrade to the level that would get the team there

Ram65

Legend
Good for Case and Nick. Nick had a good game over the weekend. Case made one mistake that almost cost the Vikings a shot at the Eagles. Case had a good game otherwise. The both played for the Rams but, it means nothing much now. Case got some good game experience with the Rams. Should be an interesting game with Bradford ready if Case fails.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Keenum and Foles both tried their best here. Although their play could have been better, it was also clear as day that they alone were not the problem. The entire system was broken.

Yup. Apparently - not even a Superbowl quarterback could get Fishers Rams get to the play-offs... :cry:

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Doesn’t it piss you off even a little that these dudes just crap all over the field for us and then waltz onto these teams and start winning?

Since you asked: no, not really. Would I rather have any of those guys over Goff? Nope.

IF they had gone on to sign with some offensively-impaired team like the Rams had been for the last dozen or so years and STILL lit it up, then maybe I'd be a little pissed.

Sorry, dude - I can't muster the angst here.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
That's why the "Fisher hate"
Because we were an OC away from being in the playoffs and he refused to upgrade to the level that would get the team there

Exactly!!! We went thru how many OC's and the offense always looked exactly the same. What does that tell you?

And it's not like it was only an OC that was keeping us from reaching the playoffs. Our entire WR core was upgraded. The two most important pieces on our Oline were upgraded. Not to mention the people we put around Goff were an unmistakable upgrade from the dumpster-fire we previously had.

I still ask myself the question why people have a hard time seeing the obvious.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I can’t fathom how anyone is happy about this. I rather see Brady win his 6th. At least he’s good enough to be there.
The way Keenum kept his Cool and kept coming back against the Saints, was Flat-Out Amazing!!JMHO! I would take him in the SB against Brady!(y) ( qualifier: My record in Betting, in the Playoff's SUCKS!!!:()

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Boo !!!!!!’

To think your on a Rams board posting that ? I’m not a big Spy Gate guy , but
I guess You must have a crush on Brady.
He is a sex symbol.

I think the point that both Keenum & Foles are going to The Playoffs are proff that The Rams had some good QB’s on there roster.

I like The Rams future , but if The Rams don’t trade for Goff 2 years ago would have been a top team. Of course Fisher is the stinky point of all this.

My point being that I didn’t think The Rams needed to trade up for Goff. Case & Nick we’re good enough to win. Case Keenum would have done well under Sean McVay. Foles as a backup is as good as any around the league.
NE made a mistake as well. They could have got 2 first round picks for Grapollo.
F’ — NE !! They just made The Niners that much better & closed the gap made from the firing of Fisher.

Last edited: