Five offseason moves to improve the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
It may be time to see if Brandon Allen is ready to replace Mannion for a fraction of the money.

fearsomefour

Legend
I would believe that Snead will find another Edge Rusher in this up coming 2019 Draft draft capable of competing with this below listed probable 2019 ER's unit. I not overly worried here about signing & overpaying long term $$$$ to secure an veteran edge rusher.

If we has to go this route my favorite UFA is former USC 34 D Edge Rusher but has been starting & playing in the Vikings 43 D as the strong side LB'er Not his best post to play IMO ....Anthony Barr who is only 26 yrs old.

Rams do have 1 three yr ER in Samsom Ebukam & three OSLB'er/ER's entering their 2nd season. In addition 2 other Rams (who are very easy resigns) thus given the Rams SIX ER/OLB's going into Aprils draft.

Rams SIX ER/OLB'ers
Samson Ebukan 6-3/245-24/3
Og Okoronkwo 6-2/253-23/2
Trevon Young 6-4/260-23/2
Justin Lawler 6-4/265-24/2
Garrett Sickels 6-4/254-24/1 (ERFA)
Morgan Fox 6-3/275-24/3 (ERFA)
Quantity does not equal quality.
Rams need an impact guy at LB.
maybe one of those guys can step up.

dang

Legend
Assuming Barron is traded or cut the Rams have got to find a stud ILB ready to start. For that reason I don’t think it will be via the draft. So how much money and whom should they target in FA? Or can someone else on the team step in (eg Kiser)?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Quantity does not equal quality.
Rams need an impact guy at LB.
maybe one of those guys can step up.
I would agree with your first statement.;)

Finding that IMPACT LB'er .... that's will have to be a Les Snead's duty (draft or trade)...unless the Rams have one or two already here that's been cloaked thus far.

It's my belief that if Cory Littlteton signs back here (highly probable with him being an RFA)& Cory was inserted into the weakside Interior LB'ing post..the Rams will have that impact type LB'er playing inside. Rams already have a feisty fireball Snead drafted weakside ILB'er (under contract) standing ready to be groomed in Travin Howard. So that position should be well endowed with those two even with the cap casualty release of Barron & the UFA Ramil Wilson's departure.

MLB's post now is a small issue with the above done. Micah Kiser is a true MLB'er with average play making skills who should be fine playing next to Cory, however, he is not an impact LB'er. Rams stand in a very good position to draft a high impact LB'er in the draft like Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan. However, Wade has never made his ILB'ers a high priority. As you know Wade wants pressure guys.

We have no ideal IF Wade & assistant HC/Lb'ing coach Joe Barry think/believe they have a Lb'er who is under current contract (for at least the next 2 yrs) prospect who might blossom close to this "Impact" guy on the outside. Barry has two 2nd yr pressure types who were unhealthy their entire rookie seasons. Og Okoronkwo & Trevon Young still might surprise us. Young has had a hard time recovering from a dislocated and fractured hip his Jr season. Before that injury, he demonstrated explosive pass-rushing skills & has 34-inch arms & still did 25 reps on the bench press! Young should be ready to show what he has in training Camp now. Only Barry & Wade know what Okoronkwo can do.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Assuming Barron is traded or cut the Rams have got to find a stud ILB ready to start. For that reason I don’t think it will be via the draft. So how much money and whom should they target in FA? Or can someone else on the team step in (eg Kiser)?
You think Wade will push for Denver's cap casulty MLB Brandon Marshall?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would believe that Snead will find another Edge Rusher in this up coming 2019 Draft draft capable of competing with this below listed probable 2019 ER's unit. I not overly worried here about signing & overpaying long term $$$$ to secure an veteran edge rusher.

If we has to go this route my favorite UFA is former USC 34 D Edge Rusher but has been starting & playing in the Vikings 43 D as the strong side LB'er Not his best post to play IMO ....Anthony Barr who is only 26 yrs old.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ts-leveon-bell-to-jets-earl-thomas-to-cowboys

Anthony Barr, LB: LOS ANGELES RAMS. This is a bad time for the four-time Pro Bowler and former first-round pick to be coming off a down year. He missed three games for the Vikings in 2018 because of injury, struggled in one-on-one pass coverage and finished with the lowest tackle total (55) of his five-year NFL career. Still, he turns 27 in March and should have a robust market for his skills, even if he's not a top-tier pass rusher. He's good against the run and would make sense in his hometown of Los Angeles, given the Rams' difficulties stopping the run last season (they ranked 23rd in run defense). Yes, Los Angeles tightened things up in the playoffs. But consider that Barr was Pro Football Focus' 18th-highest-graded linebacker against the run last season, while the Rams' highest-graded linebacker was Mark Barron, who checked in at No. 90.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ts-leveon-bell-to-jets-earl-thomas-to-cowboys

Anthony Barr, LB: LOS ANGELES RAMS. This is a bad time for the four-time Pro Bowler and former first-round pick to be coming off a down year. He missed three games for the Vikings in 2018 because of injury, struggled in one-on-one pass coverage and finished with the lowest tackle total (55) of his five-year NFL career. Still, he turns 27 in March and should have a robust market for his skills, even if he's not a top-tier pass rusher. He's good against the run and would make sense in his hometown of Los Angeles, given the Rams' difficulties stopping the run last season (they ranked 23rd in run defense). Yes, Los Angeles tightened things up in the playoffs. But consider that Barr was Pro Football Focus' 18th-highest-graded linebacker against the run last season, while the Rams' highest-graded linebacker was Mark Barron, who checked in at No. 90.

I think Barr could be an amazing value. He's a good pass rusher and those don't grow on trees. If he fits what Wade likes, go get him.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I think Barr could be an amazing value. He's a good pass rusher and those don't grow on trees. If he fits what Wade likes, go get him.

You realize his salary last year was 12.3 million ? What would you pay him? He is not worth 12-Mil per season ; he is lousy in coverage and his pass rush production has declined.

dang

Legend
You realize his salary last year was 12.3 million ? What would you pay him? He is not worth 12-Mil per season ; he is lousy in coverage and his pass rush production has declined.
I got my eye on Jordan Hicks. He appears to be a cut above someone like Barr and should be a fair bit cheaper than $12.3M - maybe $9m?

ramfan46

Pro Bowler

I like him at the 7-9M range. Basically around what Barron makes. He’d be a bad bet at 10-13M. If he can get that on the market elsewhere, bye.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I hope Whit comes back. First issue solved.

Saffold will give a hometown discount to stay he has injury history and he is over 30 his deal will not be steep Imo.

Trade down unless must have is there. Where we are drafting there are a ton of good prospects at L, edge Safety and Center yes Center

We need a big time olb all the names like Barr, Marshall have issues. Need to sign or trade for a star edge rusher.

Do not re sign Goff yet save the money. We are fine for now.

CJ Anderson I like him alot up to Snead feels if he is worth it.

We need to upgrade one ILb, Edge, S and Center.

We must make our OL better a better Center will help.