Final steel beam going on top of LASED

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdw

Pro Bowler
I have mentioned they should move to Sacramento. We have an old arena site waiting to be used. Perfect spot for a stadium in between two major freeways and three arterials. Light rail was planned to stop there too. Plenty of parking. Spanos backyard. Decent amount of Chargers fans.

Not a huge cost to build here.
Stick them in Arco or whatever they're calling it now, lock the door, and throw away the key!

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Los Angeles Stadium and Entertainment District?

CBF51E2E-AEEB-4C64-AC82-3E7897A0DBE5.jpeg

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For some reason "LASED" stands for "Los Angeles Stadium at Hollywood Park."

That is correct. I should have looked it up in the first place. It stands for Los Angeles Stadium & Entertainment District at Hollywood Park.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I know but that is downtown. Somehow the levies are better there. Natomas is in that flood plain, like the causeway to Davis that floods periodically. I think there was some manipulation of the zoning to downplay the historical flooding when they built up that area in the '80s and '90s. I remember reading about it.
I see how that could play and agree. The flood plain of Natomas currently sits at a 100yr level. Believe we're trying to get that too a 200yr level.

I just thought it would be a smart idea to get some use out of Arco since the City owns the property and it's vacant. The land was already pre certified to host 20,000 people and there is vacant land adjacent on at least 2 of the sides to convert to parking. Makes too much sense with Raiders leaving town.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see how that could play and agree. The flood plain of Natomas currently sits at a 100yr level. Believe we're trying to get that too a 200yr level.

I just thought it would be a smart idea to get some use out of Arco since the City owns the property and it's vacant. The land was already pre certified to host 20,000 people and there is vacant land adjacent on at least 2 of the sides to convert to parking. Makes too much sense with Raiders leaving town.
lol....When I left Sacramento, ARCO was new....

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I just thought it would be a smart idea to get some use out of Arco since the City owns the property and it's vacant. The land was already pre certified to host 20,000 people and there is vacant land adjacent on at least 2 of the sides to convert to parking

lol....When I left Sacramento, ARCO was new....

...It’s gotten old pretty quick...it has a few things going for it: room for expansion of land, good freeway access, close to the airport. An NFL team would really boost the image of the city. Lots of Raider fans up here.

Sadly, it appears to be too late.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dear Mr. Spanos,
The first time you're late on your rent payment your teams logo comes off. And anytime you're late again... Well let's just say I have what you might call, c
onnections, so other things may come off. Remember it's hard to write without thumbs.

Sincerely yours,
Mr. Stan Kroenke to you

AYYPct.gif

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill

if Natomas didn't flood 2 years ago its not going to. that year was epic.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
That is correct. I should have looked it up in the first place. It stands for Los Angeles Stadium & Entertainment District at Hollywood Park.
Thanks for clarifying that for me, as I was a little worried about what the 'ED' stood for.:shocked::deadhorse:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So there aren't going to be any steel beams holding up the roof? I wonder how that will be constructed. It has to be strong to hold and cover such a big span, especially with potential for tremors.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I have mentioned they should move to Sacramento. We have an old arena site waiting to be used. Perfect spot for a stadium in between two major freeways and three arterials. Light rail was planned to stop there too. Plenty of parking. Spanos backyard. Decent amount of Chargers fans.

Not a huge cost to build here.

He has a sweetheart deal in LA, he's going nowhere.

Nobody would walk away from the deal he got, and the NFL got two open markets to sell so they can add a handful of billions more in franchise fees for new teams in Oakland and San Diego.