FF Question - Goff or Brees?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
Uhhh Brees... you never know but

Both oakland and Tampa Bay had poor pass defense last year

However I'd go with the experienced QB against the bad defense.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME

i have this problem in a few leagues.

normally i would start goff without question but i worry the offense might be a little off in their first outing of the season.

am i worrying about nothing? should i start goff with confidence?

Worry all you want, but you better have faith in our Rams. Start Goff with Confidence!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Thing is FF and actual football are different.

Goff will have more wins, but for Brees and the Saints without Mark Ingram, they can only rely on Alvin Kamara so much.

Yes, Brees is getting up there, but they'll still rely on him to throw a ton of those short/intermediate passes.

As well, the Saints D is only likely to be mediocre which means playing hard into the fourth quarter almost every game.

I think with the Rams D allowing less scoring and actually scoring some, McVay will be focusing on winning and then keeping all the starters healthy for the next week. I keep hearing that.

Especially when we get points from the D or ST, McVay won't be trying to get 40 on offense.

Couple that with how McVay spreads the ball around and that's why I think Gurley is likely going to be the only FF star for this team this year other than the Rams D.

Goff is going to have a very good year, but I dunno if he's going to have a very good fantasy year.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
My PPR League Roster. What do yall think??
Screenshot_20180904-005810.png
Screenshot_20180904-005817.png
Screenshot_20180904-005821.png

HellRam

Starter

Solid! Looks like a 12 man league. I had Gurley and McCafery last year. They helped me make it to the championship game, which I lost. I got McCafery again this year but wasn't lucky enough to get Gurley again. Got David Johnson with the 5th pick.

As for the Goff vs Brees question. I'd say it's a toss up. I drafted Goff this year, got him late which was my original plan. Rivers is my backup, so I might switch starters based on matchups.

I just did my draft, trying to retain my title! 10 team league, snake, non ppr. I picked 10th.

Wilson
Hunt
Drake
OBJ
Fitzgerald
Cooks
Ertz
Rams
Boswell

Wentz
Agholor
Corey Davis
Kirk
Chubb
Howard
Njoku
CJ Anderson
Jamal Williams
Garcon
Mack

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry to hijack this but I need some help. I need a third RB behind Gurley and McCoy for my fantasy team. It’s a small league so some good ones available. Should I go for Henry from the Titans, Freeman (Denver), Mack (Indy) or Mixon (Cin)? Also anyone else I should look out for that I might not have thought of?

Oh and one more thing, would you have a defence on the bench. I currently have the Chargers and Texans (Rams has already gone unfortunately).

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Sorry to hijack this but I need some help. I need a third RB behind Gurley and McCoy for my fantasy team. It’s a small league so some good ones available. Should I go for Henry from the Titans, Freeman (Denver), Mack (Indy) or Mixon (Cin)? Also anyone else I should look out for that I might not have thought of?

Oh and one more thing, would you have a defence on the bench. I currently have the Chargers and Texans (Rams has already gone unfortunately).

Thanks in advance!!

If it's PPR go with Devonta Freeman, he is the 11th ranked RB

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
I go by ESPN Matthew Berry's rankings, he has been doing Fantasy since the mid 90's. Here is my cheat sheet:
15360780610541833001905.jpg
1536078098192417283437.jpg

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Solid! Looks like a 12 man league. I had Gurley and McCafery last year. They helped me make it to the championship game, which I lost. I got McCafery again this year but wasn't lucky enough to get Gurley again. Got David Johnson with the 5th pick.

As for the Goff vs Brees question. I'd say it's a toss up. I drafted Goff this year, got him late which was my original plan. Rivers is my backup, so I might switch starters based on matchups.
Thanks! It's 10 man. I waited till round 8 to pick my qb. I wanted to get some good skill position players for depth. Hell, I was taking top 20 ranked players into the 10th round. They went pretty deep on qb and TE fast which allowed me to get very solid depth on all skill positions.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
The thing about Christian Mcaffery is that he is going to get #1 RB duties this year. That couples with the fact that he is an excellent receiving back should mean he will be a goldmine for ppr leagues. Anything can happen though so we shall see.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Thanks in advance!!

Royce Freeman is the hot pick. Joe Mixon is the starter on Cincy.

Derrick Henry is kinda meh, and splliting with Dion Lewis. Marlon Mack is hurt and may not even play. Le'Veon Bell may not play either so get his backup James Conner if he's still available (and you'll screw someone else out of him muahahaha).

Chargers are at home against a weakened (slightly) Chiefs team. I'm not too excited about the Texans' secondary (particular the corners).

MadGoat

Mathematically alive

Thanks in advance!!
I'd grab Mixon for sure. The line is going to be better and they want him to be the guy in that offense.

In most small leagues I wouldn't have a defense on the bench. If you don't have any transaction limits, the ability to pick defenses going against bad offenses each week makes it unnecessary. I'd start the Chargers the next two weeks and let the Texans go.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Wentz was tearing it up last year being in the 2nd year of Pedersons system, I expect Goff to do the same w/ McVay, I would and am starting Goff week one.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I like Goff to have another good year. But this week playing against a weaker defense I can see McVay taking the foot off the pedal if they build a decent lead in the second half. Especially if the Rams defense is playing well. I don't see McVay trying to pour it on against his mentor.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks to all that gave me advice, much appreciated.